What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Channel 9 the home of rugby league?

colly

Juniors
Hmmm seems Fox hasnt had problems signing up new advertisers on the back of the extension announcement? Like I said even in a recession the low brow products that are primarily the stuff advertised to NRL fans tend not to take as big a hit, in some cases they actually increase sales during times of hardshiip (gambling, alcohol, fast food etc).

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/nrl-returns-for-2020-season-on-foxtel-with-new-sponsors/

low brow products indeed- Is that you trying to be agreeable. I just picked up a case of low brew and might have a flutter tonight (their is a word from the past) If the eels go good I might sneak on a eel snakeskin- if Her Missus is agreeable. After that effort i might ho down a KFC too. Finger licking good!

Perth Red

Post Whore
low brow products indeed- Is that you trying to be agreeable. I just picked up a case of low brew and might have a flutter tonight (their is a word from the past) If the eels go good I might sneak on a eel snakeskin- if Her Missus is agreeable. After that effort i might ho down a KFC too. Finger licking good!

You sir are the epitome of the avg NRL fan lol.

I mean its not like these companies where trying to decide between World Union 7's, Polo or NRL lol

Ladbrokes, TAB, and RedRooster have joined existing NRL advertisers that includes Sportsbet, McDonald’s, KFC, Harvey Norman, Ford, Chemist Warehouse, Bundaberg Rum, Bailey Ladders and KingGee Workwear.

jim_57

Staff member
NRL in Melbourne still on GEM even given all the circumstances, Jason Bourne on the main channel.

Not that I expected any different.

Munky

Coach
This deal sounds like Scotty Pippen's contract in The Last Dance.

It's not like Nine and Fox are negotiating from a position of strength.

taipan

Referee
Hmmm seems Fox hasnt had problems signing up new advertisers on the back of the extension announcement? Like I said even in a recession the low brow products that are primarily the stuff advertised to NRL fans tend not to take as big a hit, in some cases they actually increase sales during times of hardshiip (gambling, alcohol, fast food etc).

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/nrl-returns-for-2020-season-on-foxtel-with-new-sponsors/

The question is what were the advertising rates, compared to past.

If you get more low brow, they aren't going to pay premium prices, not at these times.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The question is what were the advertising rates, compared to past.

If you get more low brow, they aren't going to pay premium prices, not at these times.

Who knows, but what we do now know is companies are not stopping advertising like claimed!

Bronco18

Juniors
Has anyone wondered whether the NRL sought a guarantee for the broadcasters not to go back and reevaluate each six to go call? Apparently Nine pushed for the rule as they thought it would result in a better product, surely it could go both ways with the NRL looking to cut down on ref bashing from Nine and Fox.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Has anyone wondered whether the NRL sought a guarantee for the broadcasters not to go back and reevaluate each six to go call? Apparently Nine pushed for the rule as they thought it would result in a better product, surely it could go both ways with the NRL looking to cut down on ref bashing from Nine and Fox.

Dont know what nine was like but Fox never queried one of them.
But Vossy was calling and he tends to be far less irritated by the refs than some of the other meathead commentators. The Fox commentators were in praise of it throughout the game.

Bronco18

Juniors
Dont know what nine was like but Fox never queried one of them.
But Vossy was calling and he tends to be far less irritated by the refs than some of the other meathead commentators. The Fox commentators were in praise of it throughout the game.

I’ve only got access to Nine at the moment, they didn’t go back on any of them. Questioned some forward passes but none of the six again calls. It could just be a happy accident with them wanting to run with the flow of the game.

Times like this being pedantic is not an option. Not ALL companies are going bust either.
Jesus Christ arguing with that Perth whinger is hard work
Even if one just ONE sponsor drops out it is a reduction in $$$$
Yet he continually bitches about everything as if there is no pandemic
No masssive changes in businesses ..sports ...life in general .

He's an idiot .

Greenfields

Juniors
Pirate Pete doing his best to be a wet blanket on WWOS. But I like how everyone just ignores what he says and keeps talking about how good the footy is.

Latest posts