What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Xerrigate

Incorrect

Coach
What I've been wondering is, what was going through his head over the course of the summer break and pre-season post the drug test... I wonder if he was shitting himself the whole time and just waiting for what transpired yesterday to happen, or did he think maybe he'd got away with it? Obviously I don't know how these tests work.

Does anyone know if you get something back from ASADA regardless of result? Like, do they flick you a text saying "You're all clear" once you come back negative. Or do they only get in touch if you produce a positive result? You'd have to think it's the latter otherwise he would surely have known something was up when he did a test in November and received nothing the whole time...

Then again, could just be a dumbarse who barely remembers his home address and forgot all about the drug test he did back in November.
I texted ABC Grandstand just now and Luke Lewis answered the question for me about whether players get notified if their results are negative. He said that basically ASADA tell you after a test that if you don't hear anything after 6 weeks, no news is good news. So Xerri probably thought he had somehow got away with it given he was tested in Nov...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

The NRL say they are satisfied with ASADA's version of events on why it took six months for Bronson Xerri to be told he'd tested positive to banned substances.

Xerri was only told on Tuesday that he would be provisionally suspended after testing positive to performance-enhancing drugs last November.

The timing, which fell just two days before the season's restart, puzzled the league and frustrated former and current players.

It prompted the NRL to contact the doping agency over the delay, noting the fast turnaround to stand down James Segeyaro after a positive test for Ligandrol last year.

But interim chief executive Andrew Abdo said he had heard back from the agency and was satisfied with the explanation.
"It was just an understanding of the process that was taking place. It's obviously a really sensitive matter and not something we can talk about."

Xerri faces up to four years on the sidelines and remains provisionally stood down as ASADA continue their investigations into the cocktail of banned substances.

A B-sample will likely take weeks to be returned, while the star centre's phone was initially seized and has since been returned.

He is yet to speak in detail about the situation, stating only this week that he was "devastated".

blue bags

First Grade
I texted ABC Grandstand just now and Luke Lewis answered the question for me about whether players get notified if their results are negative. He said that basically ASADA tell you after a test that if you don't hear anything after 6 weeks, no news is good news. So Xerri probably thought he had somehow got away with it given he was tested in Nov...
some reports are ASADA was tiped off about xerri useing drugs