What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs the Knights

Kilkenny

Coach
Disappointing to see Martin out he was due a big game given he had some handling issues in the first two rounds.

Kilkenny

Coach
Big game tomorrow. That goes without saying. If we are going do doing anything this season have to win the next two at the very least.

kinghippo

Juniors
So far this weekend the closest game has been by 12 points. Is this because of the rule change (6 again), one referee, or fitness I dont know. Lets hope it continues tomorrow.
Go Panthers.
My concern with the new rule change from what I have seen is that one team can really kick away from the other with possession. The parra Brisbane game was the best example.
Brisbane were done by half time after making something like 80 extra tackles in the first half.
If one team gets three or 4 six again calls the other will really struggle to get in the game, and I also think the refs are biased towards attacking teams.
All the focus is on quick play the balls, teams are still playing the ball incorrectly or off the mark.

We have been heavily penalised for the last few years in the ruck, but we have a mobile and fit team who could really take advantage of this new style.
Hopefully it falls in our favour but if the ref goes nuts with the extra tackles it will be a one sided game.

franklin2323

Immortal
My concern with the new rule change from what I have seen is that one team can really kick away from the other with possession. The parra Brisbane game was the best example.
Brisbane were done by half time after making something like 80 extra tackles in the first half.
If one team gets three or 4 six again calls the other will really struggle to get in the game, and I also think the refs are biased towards attacking teams.
All the focus is on quick play the balls, teams are still playing the ball incorrectly or off the mark.

We have been heavily penalised for the last few years in the ruck, but we have a mobile and fit team who could really take advantage of this new style.
Hopefully it falls in our favour but if the ref goes nuts with the extra tackles it will be a one sided game.

Brisbane missed 40 tackles and had 57% completion. That is why they got flogged not the new rules

kinghippo

Juniors
Brisbane missed 40 tackles and had 57% completion. That is why they got flogged not the new rules
The extra tackling and exhaustion I think added to those stats.They had something less than 40% ball.
They deserved to get beat, they didn’t look prepared for the faster game, but that is my point, the new rules ( which seem great so far) can really help a side dominate.
If we are sloppy in the ruck which we have been for a while it will make the game a lot harder.

franklin2323

Immortal
The extra tackling and exhaustion I think added to those stats.They had something less than 40% ball.
They deserved to get beat, they didn’t look prepared for the faster game, but that is my point, the new rules ( which seem great so far) can really help a side dominate.
If we are sloppy in the ruck which we have been for a while it will make the game a lot harder.

Well if that was to happen we have ourselves to blame and not the new rules

kinghippo

Juniors
That the blowouts were due to under performing teams not so the new rules
Yeah that’s true, I am not suggesting the rules are making teams loose.

So far it’s all been great to watch, and each game has been a bit more balanced as the players and refs get used to the new system.

For us I think they will suit our style of play in attack, api could run riot, but if we are on the receiving end the game could get away from us a bit quicker than previously due to fatigue.

We are not exactly known for our amazing starts, but I think we looked super fit to start the year so hopefully it helps us open up and score some good tries.