What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Dufty is probably the Dragons worst fullback rated lower than Lomax, Sailor and Ramsey. Norman runs around in circles. The backline lacks fluidity and pace. Ford and Host need to used instead of Graham and Lawrie.

Dragon David

First Grade
I lef our Hooker McInnes by mistake.
Hasn't Blacker gone to the Warriors? If not I agree with you.
There was talk/rumour of Blacker going but I think the Warriors are looking elsewhere.

McGregor has to get the guys to play with a lot more mongrel, determination and intensity not this push and shove rubbish so he must bring in the guys who can do this who couldn't give a sh-t about reputations and idle threats.

McGregor has got to try and have his team mentally tuned and for them to have the right attitude, the trainers get them fit, well much fitter than what they have shown, and not give a damn inch in defence. Young and Flanagan don't appear to be doing enough in this department.

McInnes has got to verbally get stuck into the guys at every opportunity as the captain to keep every one focussed. I know he is doing his part in attack and defence but it is a team sport and that's what he has got to focus on with the team itself. Gee if I was the captain I'd be giving it to them all of the time - in good plays as well as the bad.

I am sure McGregor gives very little praise and feedback to the players so a lot of this is also needed to be given to the guys to lift them when they are down because basically, that is how the fellas are feeling now.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dufty is probably the Dragons worst fullback rated lower than Lomax, Sailor and Ramsey. Norman runs around in circles. The backline lacks fluidity and pace. Ford and Host need to used instead of Graham and Lawrie.
Yeah you could be right Dragon Revival. Sailor gives 100% in the games that I have seen of him and he can be just as exciting as Dufty. Unfortunately Mary's threats are meaningless. He will stubbornly stick to the team which was terrible in the game against the Warriors

Willow

Assistant Moderator
McGregor is now under pressure to keep his job just three games into a two-year contract extension after six seasons in charge.

Although he denied he is feeling any pressure, McGregor said players need to take personal responsibility for their effort and passion for the jersey.

“It’s got to come from within,” he said. “Belief is a by-product of success too and we’ve lost a few games and we’re coming off a not a great year.

“We’ve got to find that. Passion is being excited to play, it’s about being in the moment and going after it so that comes down to the individual.

“The scrimmages at training, the intensity that we’ve trained at, is not transferring on to the field on game day.

“The passion, the excitement, the competitiveness needs to be there, shown by everyone.” While the Warriors were slick and near faultless, the Dragons were disorganised in attack and failed to fire a shot when in threatening field position.

“Attitude is by-product of belief and today at times they looked like strangers out there,” he said.

“We didn’t do anything at speed and a couple of the tries they scored needed to be defended and they weren’t. Defence is all about attitude.

“When we had some field position we turned over possession twice so we didn’t play with any composure there either.”
McGregor says he isn't feeling any pressure, so he tells a whopper from the outset.

Then goes on to blame the players.

Surely this can't go on.

blacksafake

First Grade
This is in no way a bagging of McInnes but for all his courage & toughness he seems to lack a lot of smarts around the ruck. Seldom runs, doesn’t kick & yesterday with Hunt on one leg he kept going to him to kick on the last instead of Norman or himself. Having said all that I’m happy to have him.

TruSaint

Referee
This is in no way a bagging of McInnes but for all his courage & toughness he seems to lack a lot of smarts around the ruck. Seldom runs, doesn’t kick & yesterday with Hunt on one leg he kept going to him to kick on the last instead of Norman or himself. Having said all that I’m happy to have him.

We both noted Hunts injury yesterday bro.
I understand what you are saying, but we know what Cam brings.

75 tackles yesterday. If anyone else had achieved that it would be a story in itself. He played himself to a standstill. No wonder his attacking game ( runs from d/h etc ), is affected.

They completed nearly perfectly yesterday. The amount of work he had to do was amazing.

redVinme

Juniors

75 tackles yesterday. If anyone else had achieved that it would be a story in itself. He played himself to a standstill. No wonder his attacking game ( runs from d/h etc ), is affected.

They completed nearly perfectly yesterday. The amount of work he had to do was amazing.

Knowing this. Mary Will probably heap praise on Mcinnes for his effort rather than criticism on anyone else for why he had to make so many

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

If we had a decent halves that could deliver us an even share, McInnes would be a lot more dangerous. He can kick and has set up a few tries from grubbers and even last night late in the second half he was making good some good dummy half runs after all that defence. Imagine how much spark he'd have if only had to make 40 tackles. I agree with Mick Ennis, id play Hunt off the bench next week and start with Clune. Bring Hunt on when the opposition is getting tired give McInnes a spell so he doesn't burn out. If a forward goes down McInnes can move to 13, if a back goes down Fuimaono plays centre, and obviously if a half goes down Hunt can move there. I think with the new rules another Hooker wouldn't be so bad.

TruSaint

Referee
If we had a decent halves that could deliver us an even share, McInnes would be a lot more dangerous. He can kick and has set up a few tries from grubbers and even last night late in the second half he was making good some good dummy half runs after all that defence. Imagine how much spark he'd have if only had to make 40 tackles. I agree with Mick Ennis, id play Hunt off the bench next week and start with Clune. Bring Hunt on when the opposition is getting tired give McInnes a spell so he doesn't burn out. If a forward goes down McInnes can move to 13, if a back goes down Fuimaono plays centre, and obviously if a half goes down Hunt can move there. I think with the new rules another Hooker wouldn't be so bad.

Ennis makes a good point.
I just dont think Mary would ever entertain the thought of benching Hunt.
Early on when Cam joined us , he showed glimpses of attacking skills.
Now he is a tackling machine.
As you say, there's no need to play him for the full 80.

SaintPauli

Juniors
McGregor says he isn't feeling any pressure, so he tells a whopper from the outset.

Then goes on to blame the players.

Surely this can't go on.
Mary had no pressure as he has a 2 year contract with no lack of performance conditions
for early release.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mary had no pressure as he has a 2 year contract with no lack of performance conditions
for early release.
Great work if you can get it.

It's jobs for the boys gone mad.

Even if McGregor does see out his contract, which I doubt, he'll never coach at NRL level again.

Which NRL Club would sign him? I recall that was the reason for signing him midseason, that other clubs were interested. I thought that was bs then, still think it's bs.

SaintPauli

Juniors

Even if McGregor does see out his contract, which I doubt, he'll never coach at NRL level again.

Which NRL Club would sign him? I recall that was the reason for signing him midseason, that other clubs were interested. I thought that was bs then, still think it's bs.
110% correct with all your comments here Willow. Our BOARD has failed BIG TIME.

draco

Juniors

Agree completely. The NRL is littered with failed coaches. Mary will soon be joining them. It’s just a matter of time. I can’t see us making 10 points this season. The pressure for him to go will/is becoming insurmountable no matter who stands by him. He is just not capable of turning his dire situation around.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Ennis makes a good point.
I just dont think Mary would ever entertain the thought of benching Hunt.
Early on when Cam joined us , he showed glimpses of attacking skills.
Now he is a tackling machine.
As you say, there's no need to play him for the full 80.
None of our players show much attacking spark other than the Dufty on the odd occasion followed by plenty of rubbish, and the wingers with some meaty runs. Our centres in Lomax and Wiliame are a lot better than the previous two but very seldom get clean ball with which do anything with. Its hard to make an impact trying to create something out of dummy half. However it is achieved Clune deserves his shot and better now with a run of "easy" games than when we are 6-0 and he gets thrown in vs the Rorters or something.

RedVDave

First Grade
I don't really like to criticize the players to much (although hypocritically so I have done in the past) to me it's the coaches job to bring the best of his players and the team.

When Bennett came a lot of people said we never win a comp with Hornby at halfback with Young at hooker etc.
Justin poore was turned into a NSW rep then he left to Parramatta and was relegated to reserve grade and never heard from again. Adam Cuthbertson was lingering in reserve grade for Cronulla Bennett got the best out of him and played for city origin that same year. Beau Scott was an error riddled 2nd rower Bennett turned him into one of the fiercest enforcers in our club he got the best out of his players.

Under Mary Benji Marshall looked lost now he's killing it at the tigers. Soward (coached by Price) was dropped to reserve grade then guided the Panthers to a preliminary final the very next season. Kurt Mann seems to have gotten better at Newcastle as he was consistently in and out of first grade for us. Reece Robson I understand was behind McInnes but instead we buy Issac Luke who can't make our 17 while Reece Robson scores a double against the Titans.

Nothing and no-one has improved everything has only gotten worse and worse.

Kylez3

Juniors

Fatigue is a big factor here. It's too much to ask McInness to lead the defensive effort like he does and then have to turn around and be creating consistently. This is why Mary should be playing a hooker off the bench but instead Turnstile is opted for.

saintsman05

Juniors
Team looked slow no drive lots of bad selections under the new rules. Game is quicker now 13 needs to be an athletic player not an aging slow front rower. I would move Tyson Frizzel to the middle (13) free up an edge forward position for Jackson Ford. I believe 2 hookers is a must as the cowboys showed. Would only carry max 4 front rowers per game we carry up to 6 some times. Changes need to be made in the halves as well Norman should be dropped would be seeking a swap deal somewhere before June 30.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Regarding training Lafai was picked because he trained well and so was Dufty despite him dropping at least one ball every match and constantly getting out rag dolled. Hunt, Mc Innes, Korbin Sims and Williame look injured physically and Hunt and Lomax looked mentally
distraught.

jak

Bench
you have to admire mary, it has only taken him three games to get us all the way up the ladder to fifteenth.

Latest posts