What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Sun - Raiders 18-34 Knights @ Campbelltown

Round 4: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 4
Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah
Sunday 7 June 2020

TL-CAN20.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Curtis Scott 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Dunamis Lui 11. Joseph Tapine 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Corey Horsburgh
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Emre Guler 16. Iosia Soliola 17. Jordan Rapana 18. Tom Starling 19. Matt Frawley 20. Kai O'Donnell 21. Michael Oldfield

TL-NEW20.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Aidan Guerra 12. Sione Mata'utia 13. Herman Ese'ese
Interchange: 14. Tex Hoy 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Tim Glasby 17. Brodie Jones 18. Gehamat Shibasaki 19. Chris Randall 20. Mason Lino 21. Pasami Saulo

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Beau Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

GongPanther

Referee
I give the Knights an outside chance after that performance V Panthers. Canberra were revved up and primed for that match V Storm last week, so you never know in how much energy that might have taken out of them.

Bonus for the Knights is that Ederick Lee is facing a grade one striking charge (kicking Capewell in the face) and will probably miss this game.

Knights FG after ET. :)

The unknown

Juniors
It’s gonna take something special to beat rickys raiders this year, think knights will make a game out of it but raiders ultimately too good

mozza91

Coach
Glad we’ve got the 7 day around. They’ll be absolutely rooted after yesterday.

Ponga back, hopefully Pearce and Fitzgibbon are good to go. Should be a great game. I’ll go the Knights just.

BadnMean

Juniors
Raiders by 8+

Knights might get blown away if the Green are in the mood like Melbourne game.

shear_joy9

Coach
I give the Knights an outside chance after that performance V Panthers. Canberra were revved up and primed for that match V Storm last week, so you never know in how much energy that might have taken out of them.

you don't think the knights will have less energy after having less recovery time and playing 90min with a two man bench?

GongPanther

Referee
you don't think the knights will have less energy after having less recovery time and playing 90min with a two man bench?
A fresh restart to the season, so after a bit of pondering, I think most teams should be OK. Maybe if it was the middle of the season, maybe it would have more effect with players a little more worn and playing with minor injuries.

shear_joy9

Coach
A fresh restart to the season, so after a bit of pondering, I think most teams should be OK. Maybe if it was the middle of the season, maybe it would have more effect with players a little more worn and playing with minor injuries.

I think they would recover better if that game was played in the middle of the season not on the restart round. The players have had very minimal contact training compared to the what they would normally.

nick87

Coach
This will be a good game, the knights seem to have some backbone about them this year. We're going to have to play well to win... if we dont play well, the knights are good enough to beat us. If we play at our best, they dont have the horses to beat us.

Raiders need to focus on their game, continue to be committed and work hard in defence, and focus on their offensive execution. Confident we'll get a win, but this is not a knights team you're going to beat playing flat

ACTPanthers

Bench
You can't rate the Knights using their performance against what is, at best, an SG Ball level team...

Raiders looked too classy to play anywhere near the level of shit the Panthers did, so I see a pretty easy win for the Raiders here.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The raiders will offer more than the panthers did last round due to the fact the panthers were woeful.

Still I’m tipping the knights and Ricky to chuck a nervy turn

AJB1102

First Grade
Knights looked to have their defence in order and refused to give up. Despite losing their 7 and 9 they stuck to a game plan. If they bring that attitude plus Ponga and Mitchell getting the attack going this could well have been favourite for potential to be game of the round if it weren't for Dragons v Dogs.

perverse

Referee
I don't think we're ready to win this game yet, but if we play with last week's commitment we'll make the Raiders work hard for it. It's a good test for our team to see where we're at.

An upset isn't impossible, but injury permitting I think we'll be in a position to stand up to a team like the Raiders more towards the end of the season than right now.

skeepe

Immortal
Klein will be the wildcard here. He didn’t get the memo about faster rucks last week, if he’s the same this week then that will take our fitness advantage away somewhat.

As long as the Knights don’t pull out a 35 year old veteran winger on Croker’s side, I think we’ll be right.