What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

JamesRustle

First Grade
So if he jags a win in the next fortnight he's all good for the year or two. That’s what it seems they're implying
The players aren't playing for him. We will lose to the Dogs and Sharks... Pity they won't punt him before we play the Sharks.

If the players were playing for the coach, any coach, we would have put in a better showing on the wekend and be licking our lips at Dogs, Sharks, Titans.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Today’s headlines seem to put Mary under “pressure “ (yet again) but his media buddies are trying to portray him as the victim and Hunt and Norman ruining HIS career. While Hunt and especially Norman are not delivering, perhaps, just perhaps the coach has to accept the major responsibility. The old cliches are being brought out, “he has three games, “he has until the end of the year to prove himself”, “ he has the next eight weeks”........ etc, etc.
The two I find the most hypocritical are Fittler and Alexander. Both said Suli would ruin his career if he came to Saints and both even laughed while discussing our performance BUT they argue that Saints need to show players the door and stick by their coach, “to prove they have MacGregor’s back”. STGI apparently has to show integrity by sticking by Mary.....,my god.

matPORTS

Juniors
Today’s headlines seem to put Mary under “pressure “ (yet again) but his media buddies are trying to portray him as the victim and Hunt and Norman ruining HIS career. While Hunt and especially Norman are not delivering, perhaps, just perhaps the coach has to accept the major responsibility. The old cliches are being brought out, “he has three games, “he has until the end of the year to prove himself”, “ he has the next eight weeks”........ etc, etc.
The two I find the most hypocritical are Fittler and Alexander. Both said Suli would ruin his career if he came to Saints and both even laughed while discussing our performance BUT they argue that Saints need to show players the door and stick by their coach, “to prove they have MacGregor’s back”. STGI apparently has to show integrity by sticking by Mary.....,my god.

If Freddy and Brandy love him so much, then give him the Waterboy gig for the Blues (and maybe some additional jobs in between to fill his time) !

YoHadrian

Juniors
It's genuinely effing bizarre this Mary love in the past few seasons & especially now.

Watching the match was an exercise in self control on Saturday & only the fact that my family was around plus the fact that I have a recently purchased new TV that I didn't do an Elvis on the television screen.

For this weeks game I should purchase a second hand 32 inch screen TV for 50 dollars or whatever so I can happily trash it & drop punt it after the inevitiable crappy performance.

St Georgio

Juniors
Can someone create a new poll with current coaches available to take over effective immediately.
The Tap on Shoulder should come after the loss to the dogs.
Go the Dogs by 30 points!

Gomarchin

Juniors
So he's got 2 games to save his job. Great. We win those two games and we're 2 wins/3 losses.

We then play Titans, Roosters, Raiders and Manly and we end up 3 wins 6 losses.

How does he keep his job with that start?

Dragon David

First Grade
CHANGE THE NAME OF THE THREAD TO SACK BANJO 2014 EVEN THOUGH IT IS MY SON

Banjo Maxwell B. P. 6 year old who will debut for the Dragons First Grade Team in 2033

Banjo's Team

Sailor
Saab
Williame
Lomax
Ravalawa
Hunt - relieves Cameron at hooker if needed
Clune

Run on Forwards
Frizell
Vaughan
McInnes
Host
Ford
Kerr

Interchange
Norman - can play Fullback or Halves
Lawrie
Tariq Simms
Fauiamono

DROPPED
Dufty
Pereira
Aitken
Lafai
Graham
Luke
Merrin
K Simms

JUSTIFICATION
Time to give Host Kerr and Ford a go - Sailor and Saab to have a run - like Newcastle last night that had 4 guys on debut we still have State of Origin and Australian players who can run the young blokes around the park
Graham needs to spend more time at Fox and at his marijuana company we cannot afford a guy who plays twenty odd minutes

SACK BANJO 2014
You are a wise boy Banjo 2014. What a great team and your justification for your selections is well said.

Your dad should be very proud of you and I am sure that one day you will be playing for the Big Red V and be a sensation.

Not to mention the shift of recruitment blame to Millward even though McGregor has had "The team he always wanted" for a number of years.
The media that continue to support McGregor are risking their own frail reputations.
We've heard the lot:
Widdop injuries
JDB court case
The halves not gelling
McInnes' injury
Recruitment now at fault because McGregor doesn't have the last say.
The only constant are the results and they are always glossed over by his media pals.
It certainly highlights how myopic and useless Gould's "review" was.
Total waste of time perpetrated to justify the unjustifiable.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr.../news-story/b64a79a62f31aaf1c9bb18dfff561ae5#

James Hooper Blog & Live Chat.

Suggest people start posting their comments.

I should have clicked on the above link earlier.

Cant believe this...

While the likes of rival NRL coaches Dean Pay and John Morris were stood down without pay and Roosters three-time premiership-winner Trent Robinson took a 40 per cent cut, McGregor has remained on his full wicket.

So Robinson takes a 40% cut, others stood down totally, and the BOD allow Mary full coin?

This is beyond negligent.

RedVee

First Grade
Man they must have been smoking some strong s##t when they drafted the contract and put in an extra nought and the comma in the wrong spot. Surely it was meant to be $75,000.

surely you pick local juniors because they will stay “for less” ?
Doesn’t apply to the coach ?

YoHadrian

Juniors

Cant believe this...

While the likes of rival NRL coaches Dean Pay and John Morris were stood down without pay and Roosters three-time premiership-winner Trent Robinson took a 40 per cent cut, McGregor has remained on his full wicket.

So Robinson takes a 40% cut, others stood down totally, and the BOD allow Mary full coin?

If he's on more than Bellamy then I'm going into coaching today.

St Georgio

Juniors

Cant believe this...

Absolute Joke Joke Joke Joke Joke Joke

RedVee

First Grade
Has there ever been a easier draw in the history of NRL.
Next 3 weeks we play last, second last, and forth last. All 3 teams are winless.
We might jag 3 wins and the media will praise him no end.

I worry about that. But the ‘effort’ on the weekend, if repeated, would leave us struggling even against the dogs and Titans. At least the Dogs pack have a go. It maybe a 6-6 draw...

Sorry it cut off, but he basically blames BJ for the re-signing and not the board.

9609FC9E-5BCB-430B-B954-0C47FBAB9F3D.jpeg

I am not sure about that, as I thought the board would have to rubber stamp such a critical decision.

I couldn’t imagine the board not being consulted at the very least.

Hoops agreed there was no pressure on sgi to re-sign mez.

$750k a season and no pay cut. Talk about burning bridges on your way out!

Last edited:

Latest posts