What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

Dragon David

First Grade
Thats the plan we have to lose a couple more and he will have to go , the record speaks for its self .... No more hiding , nowhere to go ..... The Club is happy if we beat the Dogs Titans , then he stays on ...... So go the Dogies ....
You have got to laugh hahahaha! haven't you? I mean, Mary has made us the laughing stock of the competition and the media will keep on rubbing it in especially if we lose against the next two which I think is very possible. Justin Holbrook will have his first win for the Titans and that will be big news. Then certainly, no more hiding, nowhere to go.

Almost all of the threads we have includes mention of getting rid of Mary. He is such a common denominator for our posts and this thread is to discuss Round 4 against the Dogs and here he is again mentioned.

One day hopefully we will be able to talk good positive football week to week once the failed coach disappears.

Redhoopz

Juniors
Wouldn't be surprised if he drops Wiliame and Dufty to the bench and goes with

1. Lomax
2. Pereira
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Rava

The rest will be same as last week. Classic McGregor!

Dragonsamy

Bench
Thats the plan we have to lose a couple more and he will have to go , the record speaks for its self .... No more hiding , nowhere to go ..... The Club is happy if we beat the Dogs Titans , then he stays on ...... So go the Dogies ....

2 more is 100% correct Hazz

possm

Coach
Wouldn't be surprised if he drops Wiliame and Dufty to the bench and goes with

1. Lomax
2. Pereira
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Rava

The rest will be same as last week. Classic McGregor!
It wasn't the centres that let us down in the game against the Warriors. Our bigest problem was with the halves and the game plan for our fowards. So;

Drop
Dufty
Pereira
Norman
Aitken
Graham

Team
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. Fuimaono
4. William
5. Ravalawa
6. Hunt
7. Clune
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Kerr
11. T Sims
12. Ford
13. Frizell

14. Merrin
15. K Sims
16. Laurie
17. Brittain

SaintPeter

Juniors
I like it Possm.

Some one will still call for Dufty? I know... bizarre right.
Love to know how many games Norman has played in the last five years,, wins V losses.

Redhoopz

Juniors
It wasn't the centres that let us down in the game against the Warriors. Our bigest problem was with the halves and the game plan for our fowards. So;

Drop
Dufty
Pereira
Norman
Aitken
Graham

Team
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. Fuimaono
4. William
5. Ravalawa
6. Hunt
7. Clune
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Kerr
11. T Sims
12. Ford
13. Frizell

14. Merrin
15. K Sims
16. Laurie
17. Brittain

I know and I like that line up, it was more about when McGregor said he would drop players, he only dropped wingers and fullbacks...

since77

Juniors
Was just watching NRL tonight. There was footage of Canterbury warming up pre game. There were players typing on their phones as they did their warm up exercises directly in front of their coach. That's f#$king insane. Such a huge gulf in attitude between the top coaches and teams and the worst

Old Timer

Coach
In preparation for the big game against the Dogs Mc Fookknuckle went to Flanno today to discuss the fact the ball never gets to our outside backs quickly.

Flanno looked sat him and said, "FFS cut out pass you dummy"

Mary has been running dummying drills with Mc Inness and Hunt all afternoon.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Drop
Dufty
Pereira
Norman
Aitken
Graham

Team
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. Fuimaono
4. William
5. Ravalawa
6. Hunt
7. Clune
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Kerr
11. T Sims
12. Ford
13. Frizell

14. Merrin
15. K Sims
16. Laurie
17. Brittain

Possm- did you actually watch the game?- Pereira was our most damaging ball runner and safe as houses- made one mistake when he was thrown an impossible pass but he should be the first back picked. Ravalawa on the other hand, bombed a try and was heart attack material all day- most notable contribution a blooper falcon when he followed a kick and it landed on his head.

redv13

Bench
Possm- did you actually watch the game?- Pereira was our most damaging ball runner and safe as houses- made one mistake when he was thrown an impossible pass but he should be the first back picked. Ravalawa on the other hand, bombed a try and was heart attack material all day- most notable contribution a blooper falcon when he followed a kick and it landed on his head.
I’m not a huge Rava fan but how good was it to see him iron out Adam Blair like a block of cement. Front rower vs Winger and Blair bye bye

SaintPauli

Juniors
You have got to laugh hahahaha! haven't you? I mean, Mary has made us the laughing stock of the competition and the media will keep on rubbing it in especially if we lose against the next two which I think is very possible. Justin Holbrook will have his first win for the Titans and that will be big news. Then certainly, no more hiding, nowhere to go.

Almost all of the threads we have includes mention of getting rid of Mary. He is such a common denominator for our posts and this thread is to discuss Round 4 against the Dogs and here he is again mentioned.

One day hopefully we will be able to talk good positive football week to week once the failed coach disappears.
Dogs will likely beat us.
Even if we don't beat the Titans by 20+ i would consider that a loss.
I would still say bye bye Mary.
The damage is done.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With the reports there is an upcoming meeting and Mary has 2 weeks to save his arse, this weeks team sheet will be fascinating. Our problem is our halves without question. If Mary has indeed lost the room he absolutely has to pick Clune. Clune will be on debut so it’s not as though he will put in a half hearted performance even if this is the case. I would actually go with Clune/Norman first up with Hunt on the bench to try to take advantage of new rules late. I don’t rate Norman hugely but one area he has over Hunt imo is he has a much better long pass. With Clune zipping around causing problems Norman might be able to get some good clean ball to Wiliame.

hazzbeen

Bench
With the reports there is an upcoming meeting and Mary has 2 weeks to save his arse, this weeks team sheet will be fascinating. Our problem is our halves without question. If Mary has indeed lost the room he absolutely has to pick Clune. Clune will be on debut so it’s not as though he will put in a half hearted performance even if this is the case. I would actually go with Clune/Norman first up with Hunt on the bench to try to take advantage of new rules late. I don’t rate Norman hugely but one area he has over Hunt imo is he has a much better long pass. With Clune zipping around causing problems Norman might be able to get some good clean ball to Wiliame.
This alone is a joke ,he has 2 weeks to save his ares ..... F**k me , so if he beats the 2 teams below him he stays on ? No matter if we win the next 5 straight , he needs to go , enough is enough ....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This alone is a joke ,he has 2 weeks to save his ares ..... F**k me , so if he beats the 2 teams below him he stays on ? No matter if we win the next 5 straight , he needs to go , enough is enough ....
I don’t think it’s a matter of saving him it’s a matter of there will be a meeting in 2 weeks and things will be brought up to which he will need to answer for. The fact it’s been brought up means to me he’s a dead man walking. If he wins his next 5 he will see out the season then be flicked. If he loses even one of his next 2 I reckon he will be gone before July.

getsmarty

Immortal
r04_preview_8-bulldogs-v-dragons.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Bulldogs v Dragons: Foran nearing comeback; Mary threatens axe
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 1 Jun 2020, 06:35 PM

Both the Bulldogs and Dragons are desperate for a win as the pressure mounts following three straight losses.

St George Illawarra were held scoreless against the Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Saturday in round three, while Canterbury copped a bulldozing by the Sea Eagles at the same venue a day later.

The Dragons have had the wood on the Bulldogs in recent times, racking up big scores against them twice last season.

Match: Bulldogs v Dragons

Round 4 - Monday 8th June

4:05pm

Home Team

Bulldogs

15th Position

Away Team

Dragons

14th Position

Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass
Fan Information
The Rundown
Team News
Bulldogs: Kieran Foran is a chance of making his comeback from a shoulder injury. Kerrod Holland is fit and available for selection.

Dragons: Halfback Ben Hunt will be fine to play despite being hobbled by a corked shin against the Warriors. Coach Paul McGregor has said he will consider making changes to the side after their dismal showing in Gosford on Saturday.

Key Match-Up
They play different positions, but the influence that rival captains Cameron McInnes and Josh Jackson have on their teams is comparable. Both men possess insatiable workloads and very rarely play a bad game. Whichever team wins, you can bet their skipper will have a large role in the performance.

Bulldogs v Dragons
What will be the result of their clash?

Bulldogs v Dragons What will be the result of their clash?
  • Bulldogs 1-10
    47%
  • Bulldogs 11+
    12%
  • Dragons 1-10
    31%
  • Dragons 11+
    10%
2,273 Votes
https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...ns-foran-nearing-comeback-mary-threatens-axe/

mickeylane

Bench
I actually think he will drop Norman to the bench bring in Clune at 5/.8, Dufty dropped and Aitken in the centres w Lomax to FB which unfortunately is not the solution...IMO if you want to improve this team and add some much needed zip you move Hunt moves to 9, Mciness at 13 , Clune/Norman halves, Sailor to FB

Latest posts