What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Next Coach

Our Next Coach for 2021

• Total voters

Dea

Juniors
Get a new head coach and allow them to give input into their own team. The effort to put in experienced assistant coaches doesn’t fix the problem of the head coach.

WepnutV

Juniors
It doesent matter who our next coach is we will choke, we will crumble. We will be waiting a long time before we win another comp.. Pressure is too much from fans, just ask tyson frizell...

boardlumps62

Juniors
If we have something like Gould overseeing the joint ok as long as he cannot be above the head coach. Someone who can organise our player development retention of existing and buying new players (as long as coach is involved) and make sure junior coaches are all working towards getting players up to NRL standards. All those things that let the head coach win games. Bennett may be the answer.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Browny is the best of coaches not tied to any club. He left the team in good hands. He will get the best out of our juniors like he did when he was with Saints before. This squad is perfect for him know and I know he would have learnt heaps since he left.

piesplusreturns

Juniors
2h9f3emjh4i31.png

The calm one

Juniors
Browny is the best of coaches not tied to any club. He left the team in good hands. He will get the best out of our juniors like he did when he was with Saints before. This squad is perfect for him know and I know he would have learnt heaps since he left.
No more, "Jobs for the boys" Thanks

BLM01

First Grade
Tell that to the Newcastle club
They saw the future with Brown... I wasn’t going to take them anywhere near premiership glory

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Browny had Newcastle firing early on the the players turned on him because they thought they were too good for him perfect example was Ponge sipping his milkshake when asked about Browny's departure. That wreaked of arrogance. Browny bought Ponga, Pearce etc to the club and turned the club with astute purchases in the transfer market. He fixed the mess Bennett left behind to make them a top 8 side until they started tanking.

BLM01

First Grade
Browny had Newcastle firing early on the the players turned on him because they thought they were too good for him perfect example was Ponge sipping his milkshake when asked about Browny's departure. That wreaked of arrogance. Browny bought Ponga, Pearce etc to the club and turned the club with astute purchases in the transfer market. He fixed the mess Bennett left behind to make them a top 8 side until they started tanking.
Brownie did what Brownie does best...develop, identify juniors, talent etc and hats off to him
But if you believe they parted company only due to player power of a few
If would of likely been majority and Brownie just might be another one of those coaches that cant turn a team into a premiership threat...and Newcastle saw that
He had a good bunch of players in the mid 00's and did not deliver either
He might be another one of those mate coaches...as he has that persona about him...good knockabout larrikan to have a beer with..but to win a comp and stay real competetive you need something more.
I suppose he can prove all that wrong if someone else breaks the bank to sign him...but dont see it yet

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I wonder if Ryles would be interested in coming on a cheap rate? He has been in Melbourne for a while and seems to fit in the criteria of Saints coaches. Ex-player that is. I would suss him out for sure.

Saints are idiots for not going for Madge Maguire when he was available. He would have been ideal. I think Tigers will be the big improves this year. Benji is looking the goods again like he did last year.

St Georgio

Juniors
Nathan Brown said on Triple MMM, that the Dragons were in the same category as the Bulldogs in 80's, 90's and early 2000, please to many head knocks.
Premiers-Dogs 80,84,85,88 Knockout to Ellery Hanley by Terry Lamb.
Premiers 1995- 7 Tackle Try
2004-The Assault!
Please Explain!
St George Dragons sucking their thumbs for 40 years.

Latest posts