What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Panthers

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Herbert
4- Beale
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Taunoa-Brown
9- Egan
10- Blair
11- Katoa
12- Harris
13- Papali'i

Res- Lawton, Burr, Curran, Paasi/Murchie

So much keener on Blair at prop.

Also, keener on Herbert at centre. And why wasn't he kicking goals?

waipiro

Juniors
Barring the Hiku injury i think we should run the same team as last week to build momentum and consistency from that win

JJ

Immortal
If Fus is available then on wing and Herbert to centre.

He doesn’t change after shite so presumably only injuries here

If Huku is good then no changes

Penrose_11

Juniors
Paasi facing 2 game suspension or 1 with early plea. Roosters prop Poasa Faamausili straight onto bench. Fus in for Hiku, otherwise same same.

I never really seen the big raps on Roache but anyone know how far away he is?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Paasi facing 2 game suspension or 1 with early plea. Roosters prop Poasa Faamausili straight onto bench. Fus in for Hiku, otherwise same same.

I never really seen the big raps on Roache but anyone know how far away he is?
If he could curb his injuries he would be a top line player imo. Definitely has the talent. Remember reading somewhere mid to late June he would be fit again.

Meth

Staff member
Barring the Hiku injury i think we should run the same team as last week to build momentum and consistency from that win

the only person I left out was King, but I thought he was injured?

Rich102

Staff member
Warriors prop Agnatius Paasi has accepted a one-match ban for dangerous contact and will miss Fridays night's match against the Panthers while centre Peta Hiku remains highly doubtful.

Paasi was cited for making contact with Corey Norman's legs with a late tackle that led to a penalty in the 42nd minute of the Warriors' 18-0 win over the Dragons last Saturday.

The 28-year-old has elected to take an early guilty plea to avoid the risk of a potential two-game ban.

Paasi made 96m and completed 19 tackles in 27 minutes off the Warriors' interchange bench.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...-lose-prop-agnatius-paasi-to-onematch-nrl-ban

SmashEmBro

Juniors
While I'm not happy about the Paasi suspension, it gives us an opportunity to see what this Roosters prop looks like, and then pending how good he is, when Paasi returns I would have that last spot be a battle between King and Faamausili

Meth

Staff member
Paasi was dumb. Not sure whether it warranted a ban, but it was dumb

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Geez Kearney is a dick. We have Pompey/Milne avaliable to replace Hiku and he puts a hooker in the centres.

Just... lol
Milnes been out all year with an ACL I think it is.
Pompey... I dunno, I think id prefer Lawton there, didn't he start out as a centre?

I'm happy enough with the team, although I think we've seen how well teams have done with a fresh running hooker after 30 or so minutes

Leber

Bench
Lawton has started at centre once in his career. Ironically, against us.

And Bunty broke his leg... Oh dear.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Hopefully Tohu keeps his 100% completed tackle rate v Viliame Kikau this week. Panthers pretty much attacked solely down their left flank for most of that game.

Meth

Staff member
Kikau was mud against us last time.

Lawton has filled in well at centre. As did Keighran pre-Covid. Still inclined to prefer Pompey/Herbert. Milne is out

JJ

Immortal
Sadly centre has largely become a joke position in league - this confirms it again... oh for the days of Lyon, Girdler, Gasnier, Cooper, even f**king Hodges... let alone O'Connor, ET, Kenny, Miles, etc etc...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sadly centre has largely become a joke position in league - this confirms it again... oh for the days of Lyon, Girdler, Gasnier, Cooper, even f**king Hodges... let alone O'Connor, ET, Kenny, Miles, etc etc...
Look at guys like Latrell - “but I wanna be a fullback!”

Penrose_11

Juniors
And it seems more and more it’s about $$ and the “achieving/earning everything i can in this game while i can” mentality. Fullbacks earn more than centres so they want to be a fullback. With the defensive structures where 2nd row and centres defend an edge side by side, it’s easy to push that extra backrower out one spot when needed. Athleticism of all players is so high now, there’s often not much difference in the make up of a forward or back either