What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

some11

Referee
That merkin is a dead man walking yet somehow the entire administration saw fit to extend his contract two months into the season last year after winning four games in a row.

Then they lost 14 of the 18 remaining rounds.

Fans can handle their team playing bad for whatever reason, having a brain dead coach who has offered nothing but excuses is what drives people nuts.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
That merkin is a dead man walking yet somehow the entire administration saw fit to extend his contract two months into the season last year after winning four games in a row.

Fans can handle their team playing bad for whatever reason, having a brain dead coach who has offered nothing but excuses is what drives people nuts.
Praises himself when they win, slams the team when they lose.

Perth Red

Post Whore

its no wonder clubs can’t break even lol
you’d think at the least there would be some kpi’s built in as a get out option.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
They were stiffed and then they brought in Gould. Talk about kicking a club while its down.

I do worry with the intelligence that St George have shown over the last 5 years that would replace Mcgregor with Seibold .

Hutty1986

Immortal
Been following this club for 20 years and things have never looked as grim as they do now. Huge chunk of our cap tied up in two pissweak, peaheart halves, JDB about to be sacked for good, Friz gone, coach utterly, utterly incompetent and a board that's shown time and time again that the only thing it embraces is absolute mediocrity. These are beyond dark days for the red v, and there is not one positive on the horizon to look forward to for saints.

Been following this club for 20 years and things have never looked as grim as they do now. Huge chunk of our cap tied up in two pissweak, peaheart halves, JDB about to be sacked for good, Friz gone, coach utterly, utterly incompetent and a board that's shown time and time again that the only thing it embraces is absolute mediocrity. These are beyond dark days for the red v, and there is not one positive on the horizon to look forward to for saints.

Who would take the gig knowing that Flanno will takeover in a couple of years?

No, McGregor is not the only problem, but from a football point of view he’s definitely the biggest. The playing group has rotated quite significantly and many would argue that it’s improved from a personnel point of view (as a result of recruitment, not development) and yet results haven’t changed on a whole. In fact, last years finish was the worst in JV history and that doesn’t reflect the talent on the park.

In terms of dragons fans complaining and calling for heads - considering in the JV history we’ve had to deal with appointment of Farrar, Brown, Price and McGregor, all underqualified rookie appointments who (with the exception of maybe Price) were only given the position due to their standing within the club and not based on their experience or past success, the continual calling for heads to roll is a reflect of the heads being put there in the first place. How to break the cycle? Employ a decent f**king coach!!! Make appointments based on experience, ability and past success rather than ridiculous measures like passion, emotional intelligence and ‘ran a business’. It’s really not that hard. And the fact that we’ve employed shit coaches in the past is not a reason to ‘break the cycle’ and keep the shit coach that we have in a job.

As for facts vs opinion; I admitted that the ‘smug’ comment was my opinion. Your opinion is that Mary is ‘stoic’. My opinion is that he’s not. That he’s offered up everything I listed as an excuse/reason for poor results (recruitment, injury, players lack of passion, tries off Ickes, JDB, etc) is a fact. So what’s opinion is whether or not you see that as stoic. Based on the definition of the word that you provided, I cant see how you can claim that it is.

All good mate. Doesn't really matter that we might disagree on some things - at heart we both no doubt have passion for our club, are p.... off at the current situation we find ourselves in, and simply want to see our club back competing again with pride, commitment, skill and the passion it once had. And winning more football games than we lose.

However it happens, I hope it happens sooner rather than later. I've fallen in and out of love with this old girl so many times its ridiculous. But I'll never leave her. And at least it's never boring.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
2 wins from their past 13 games and it was the Titans both times. That is just about as bad as it gets.

Corey Norman and Ben Hunt are on over 2 million dollars together, and they are just about the worst halves pairing in the comp. Anyone would think they despise each other because there's clearly zero communication

blue bags

First Grade
2 wins from their past 13 games and it was the Titans both times. That is just about as bad as it gets.

Corey Norman and Ben Hunt are on over 2 million dollars together, and they are just about the worst halves pairing in the comp. Anyone would think they despise each other because there's clearly zero communication
but they are origin players

gUt

Coach

Follow the path Tallis blazed mate. You are welcome.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It will ruin the fun if they do not Install Barrett and Brown co coaches.

Next minute Mary coaches until seasons end.

No post season.

Latest posts