What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board to meet on June 16th

blue bags

First Grade
Geez Mary has got a good manager...performs miracles!
Mary messiah macgregzi , a true modern day miracle, you will believe in this , this is the future, can you feel it already, you must believe in the all mighty MACGREGZI, hail the all mighty

SaintPauli

Juniors
I hope the board has already made their mind up. June 16th cannot come any sooner.

Dean Young or Matt Head likely interim coach and assistants. Flanno may get start next year pending on NRL. Best outcome i.m.o.
which also helps with club $ for this season.

_Johnsy

Referee
The time for talk is well and truly over.

Why wait until the June 16 board meeting? Instead, make the decision now, install an interim and then utilise that board meeting to discuss the transition plan into the next full time head coach (be it someone for 2021 or keeping an interim in place until Flanno can come back in 2022).

The longer this goes on, the longer it is going to take to re-build. How many more 'reviews' and bureaucratic decision making processes do we need here??

We are in a predicament where the status quo refuses to acknowledge that he is indeed the problem. His quotes around having good staff around him should be read as "these are the staff I've been given (upon a review at the end of last season), they were employed to help me and protect my position, what is their excuse??"

Right now, what we have is the equivalent of what is going on in the Queensland State Government...

The Labor / Palaszczuk government know they are no chance of winning the upcoming state election, so cool, let's continue to f*** up the Queensland Economy hiding behind COVID-19 as an excuse, and make it difficult for our political rivals to come in and clean up the mess.

I agree re: Mary & the absolute miraculous decision to give him another few weeks, if the past few seasons haven't given the board an indicator of his ability I fail to see how the next fortnight will make any difference on their current views.

Ummm I think you need to leave your bias at the door.

Campbell Newman wanted to say hi. I'd love to hear your thoughts on his & the current federal govt handling of the economy.

I've felt nothing but sympathy for the players through the McGregor era. Even the crap ones have been dudded by having such a shit coach in charge.

But that has now started to wear thin. The playing group of any first grade side always have the power to sack the coach.. it's been happening since the game began. Not even a premiership in 1956, for example, could save Norm Tipping when Ken Kearney and the playing group turned against him. So, I have run out of pity for these players - at this point they are growing in culpability. Supposedly they, if the Gus Gould review is anything to go by, they all think he's a good bloke and want to keep him around. Time to get out of their comfort zone and take action to get this cancer of a coach sacked.

So who's it going to be? What is the power base within the ranks to facilitate making a move on McGregor? Frizell - gone. There are really no other comparable highly admired local junior club greats. Ben Hunt, the marquee money man? Nope, McGregor is his jetski buddy after all. Norman, Graham - johnny-come-lately mercenaries with no clout. Paul Vaughan? Maybe, with help. Zac Lomax is on a long term deal and may be genuinely aggrieved.. but he's too much of a rookie to have a hope.

it has to be the captain. Cam McInnes, in his 4th year at the club, still under contract for a few more years. he needs to organise a player's bbq, stat

I saw James Graham at Gymea one day but he was in deep discussion with someone. I was dying to interrupt and ask him to lead a revolt. I cannot accept that their support for Mary might actually be genuine.

Straight Shooter

18to87

First Grade
The refusal to take a pay cut should really he the end of it. Ben Hunt didn't have to say anything but he came out and said he would gladly take a pay cut if it helps lower paid players and the club in general. Yet Mary, the club leader, does no such thing?
I feel really sorry for Hunt. He looks like a guy that is carrying chains behind him. Widdop was the same. Either they aren't very good, or the coach is the problem. I think we all know it is latter.

dragons girl

Juniors
I really like Soward's suggestions of positional changes and adding Sailor and Clune in the team. Mary has got to try these things now what has got to lose!? But when all is said and done and for the betterment of the club long term, losses in the next two games are paramount for the Board to seriously consider sacking Mary, Mary quite contrary.

getsmarty

Immortal
Cue the 16th....Items on the agenda...

1/.Board members need more free coupons for the Buffet

2/. How are we stocked for crownies moving into the future.

3/. Should we offer a Key-ring or hat in next years membership packs in order to boost numbers...

Nothing to see here people...business as usual.

piesplusreturns

Juniors

3/. Should we offer a Key-ring or hat in next years membership packs in order to boost numbers...

Don't forget the temperature of the pie warmer.

TruSaint

Referee

Meeting commenced 9.30 am.

9.33 am. " It's a wrap, see you all in 3 months".

denis preston

First Grade
As I stated in another thread st George leagues have plenty of cash and can afford to pay out dipshit and not bat an eyelid

Yes, as many on here put shit on the Leagues club, it has turned around the past 5 years. Not a great club mind you but making money. As i said before the numskulls from the St George football club board get judged on the Leagues club performance, not the football club...and we can't do a thing about it !!