What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

mave

Coach
Please sack Mary, and replace him with Barrett.
Trent deserves another First Grade gig.

davi

Juniors
Who would take the gig knowing that Flanno will takeover in a couple of years?

There are reports the NRL may consider backing down on the ban for Shane Flannigan if the Dragons make a application for his reinstatement. I personally think the NRL shouldn't. It looks like their giving the Dragons and out when they don't deserve it. The other thing is firing Paul McGregor and paying out his contract really hurts clubs credibly for asking for more money from the NRL when their making mistakes financially that if that happened in the real world the person would instantly dismissed from their job.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...agons-remains-clouded/ar-BB14Tvn8?ocid=msnews

taipan

Referee
The great man the Flanno is waiting in the wings.He's served his time f IMO or the NRL penalty.
For the Dragons he's de man.

BennyV

Referee
There are reports the NRL may consider backing down on the ban for Shane Flannigan if the Dragons make a application for his reinstatement. I personally think the NRL shouldn't. It looks like their giving the Dragons and out when they don't deserve it. The other thing is firing Paul McGregor and paying out his contract really hurts clubs credibly for asking for more money from the NRL when their making mistakes financially that if that happened in the real world the person would instantly dismissed from their job.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...agons-remains-clouded/ar-BB14Tvn8?ocid=msnews
First of all - I’m all for the NRL dismissing our entire board of directors.

Second of all - if the Great and Powerful V’Landys in his infinite wisdom determines it suitable to allow Flanagan to coach again, who are we as mere mortals to question him?

davi

Juniors
First of all - I’m all for the NRL dismissing our entire board of directors.

Second of all - if the Great and Powerful V’Landys in his infinite wisdom determines it suitable to allow Flanagan to coach again, who are we as mere mortals to question him?

This is coming from a one eyed Dragons supporter. If this was the Broncos do how many calls there would be of favoritism if this occurred. The NRL also would look like there making the rules up as they go along if they went ahead with this. its a matter of credibility and consistency.

Just because the Dragons are in a self-inflicted bind and they have a head coach that they want to move on and a coach who they want as head coach but can't have because a suspension doesn't get lifted until 2022 isn't enough justification for removing the suspension.

Also the rationale of not questioning something because V'Landy reportedly has that view is pretty flawed no matter how good he is as a performer.

Reactions: gUt

YoHadrian

Juniors
Flanagan should serve his suspension in full. He ignored his original sanction and as a result copped another one. I don’t see why there’s an out just because they’re now considering moving Mary on. A bit too convenient.

Well Flanno getting hired & rocking up at Saints is a statement in itself. Mary must know that Flanno wasn't brought in just so he could claim counter meals at the leagues club. Not so much convenient but something which was going to happen anyway considering Mary's performances.

BennyV

Referee
This is coming from a one eyed Dragons supporter. If this was the Broncos do how many calls there would be of favoritism if this occurred. The NRL also would look like there making the rules up as they go along if they went ahead with this. its a matter of credibility and consistency.

Just because the Dragons are in a self-inflicted bind and they have a head coach that they want to move on and a coach who they want as head coach but can't have because a suspension doesn't get lifted until 2022 isn't enough justification for removing the suspension.

Also the rationale of not questioning something because V'Landy reportedly has that view is pretty flawed no matter how good he is as a performer.
Yeah, the NRL would hate to tarnish their flawless image but being viewed as making stuff up on the fly. The careful planning behind the No-Fault Stand Down policy, medical retirements of certain players, TV scheduling and multiple rule changes must be held sacred.

And again with the questioning of V’Landys. You should say 100 Hail Peters as penance to purge yourself of your blasphemous ways.

super_coach

First Grade
It would be a joke if Flanno was reinstated. The NRL have to show the public that the Greenberg days of..make it up as you go along..are gone. Anyway what’s stopping them from putting a nobody in the job with Flanno pulling the strings in reality

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
V'Landys doesn't give a shit about media criticism clearly, so I fully expect him to give Flanagan a reprieve to help out a struggling club, especially a NSW one.

Legion

Juniors
The future of McGregor may rest on the round 5 game against your sharks.

Hope the Sharks don’t take a funny point of view and throw the game. I can see how your club might think it would be worthwhile.

Well, the Sharkies did throw their last game against the mighty West Tigers, lol.

It's easy enough to laugh when it's not you but as a Tigers fan I've learned not to laugh too loud when other Sydney clubs are doing it tough.