What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

TruSaint

Referee
DOOR OPENS FOR FLANNO DRAGONS TAKEOVER
With Paul McGregor on the brink at St George Illawarra, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the NRL has softened its stance on former Cronulla boss Shane Flanagan stepping into the Dragons’ head coach role.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/dragons/nrl-willing-to-consider-allowing-shane-flanagan-replacing-paul-mcgregoris-sacked-by-dragons/news-story/c6d1635f318b4113ff9eae8a74e99398&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

Edit:- i dont subscribe to this crap paper, but read the article somewhere on line.

hazzbeen

Bench
DOOR OPENS FOR FLANNO DRAGONS TAKEOVER
With Paul McGregor on the brink at St George Illawarra, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the NRL has softened its stance on former Cronulla boss Shane Flanagan stepping into the Dragons’ head coach role.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/dragons/nrl-willing-to-consider-allowing-shane-flanagan-replacing-paul-mcgregoris-sacked-by-dragons/news-story/c6d1635f318b4113ff9eae8a74e99398&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

Edit:- i dont subscribe to this crap paper, but read the article somewhere on line.
As they say Bring it on !!!!!

LINESPEED

Juniors
If the "B" Team did so well then why didn't he use more players that did well in that game.
What is he afraid of?
What does he have to lose?
BTW Dean Young is even starting to look like McGregor...

Osmosis is an infectious disease at our Club

Not to worry though
McGraw will go down with six guns blazing

With Aitken & Lafai by his side on today’s Teamsheet Tuesday!!

So u have the good oil BLM01
...and The Forum will prevail!

minge

Bench
b830a54c11740d24abdf8251b17c9e65

Mary, dont worry about the American Cops.................worry about the protestors forming up at the Leagues Club.

matPORTS

Juniors
As I'm sure most of us have, I have received a lot of messages from non-Dragons supporting friends are well wishers since the diabolical events of last Saturday afternoon.

The simple answer to all of the bickering, and everything currently being reported in the media, is that this is nothing that the majority of the supporter group hasn't known for a good 3-4 years now (if not longer).

When Mary was confirmed as re-signed back in April 2019, Paul Kent said that same day that it was a "well deserved extension". When the supporter group started to rant and rave about how crap things turned from that point on, we were told by him something along the lines of "oh you can't keep sacking coaches" (even though we'd not had a coaching change since mid-2014). Fast forward to yesterday and the tune has suddenly changed again with references also being made to the absolute rabble that was the rest of 2019, and the fact that our last two competition wins have been against the Titans.

Phil Rothfield has been somewhat hesitant in his assessments of us in my opinion, confirmed when said on NRL 360 last night that he didn't want to go too hard and upset James Graham, who is a "friend of the show".

One minute it's being reported that we're keeping Mary because he's cheap, and the next we're being told that it's going to cost us big to send him packing. Which one is it?

One minute it's reported that Flanno is no chance of being allowed to coach a first grade side before 2022, today it's being reported that there is some loophole which may allow him to come back earlier (should the club opt to move Mary on). Which is it?

Why the media pressure now, and not 3-4 years ago? Hell, we've had a nine week shut down period in which we went into 0-2, and basically next to nothing was reported on us through any mainstream Rugby League media which continued through that period. I know the focus was more on the game and whether or not we were going to get back, but their was time to start applying the blowtorch and not even a cylinder of gas was used.

In all honesty, I've seen enough from the media and really the only thing Dragons related I am waiting to see now is the press release confirming that the club and McGregor have parted ways.

piesplusreturns

Juniors
In all honesty, I've seen enough from the media and really the only thing Dragons related I am waiting to see now is the press release confirming that the club and McGregor have parted ways.

If there is anything this whole sorry saga has taught me, it's what a joke mainstream NRL reporting is. It's just favours for mates and press releases from clubs (plus the occasional hanging out a player to dry). Everyone outside the media club has been critical of the club for years. No doubt they are going hard now because someone has given them the green light.

The only ones backing Mary now - Daley and Fittler - played origin with him. Coincidence?

qld redvee

Juniors
Its interesting re the numbers for his wage and how now in the crisis he has become a highly paid coach 750 to 800 thousand .. What a performane increas he got WITHOUT the performance ..
HOW much has it cost the club in the last 6 years with all the staff turnover to attempt to cuddle supercoach - remember NOW he has GOOD staff due to the GOOD changes he made this year after the review .. our spiritual surfie guy is a cost that has been added .. and has done nothing We find the coin to pay all this hangers on in some vain hope that they add the missing ingredient for supercoach to go from under 8's level of coaching to a top notch firat grade coach ...... the only cost saving supercoach has done for the club is painting the bloody dressing rooms when he first took over !!
Pay him out and move forward - something we wont do with supercoach steering the ship !!!!!!!!!

LINESPEED

Juniors
Affordability is just a smokescreen to keep the loved one in the job

The final two in the McFail saga to fully trash their credibility
- all for nothing
...and they are now nothing but bus victims:

“The only ones backing Mary now - Daley and Fittler - played origin with him. Coincidence?”

Are you next Andrew?
And we can already hear the deflected lines of:

“Well I can’t help if the Chairman thought I’m a good coach & extended me”.
(Blame someone else rather than his conniving)

The fire is doused and the smoke has cleared

...and there’s nowhere for all the players in this sorry tale to hide

matPORTS

Juniors
If there is anything this whole sorry saga has taught me, it's what a joke mainstream NRL reporting is. It's just favours for mates and press releases from clubs (plus the occasional hanging out a player to dry). Everyone outside the media club has been critical of the club for years. No doubt they are going hard now because someone has given them the green light.

The only ones backing Mary now - Daley and Fittler - played origin with him. Coincidence?

Totally agree... with the most likely scenario being a rouge board member who finally said to them self on Saturday whilst watching the game that "enough is enough", then getting on the blower to the top journos whom had pushed articles out within an hour or two after full time.

As a side note, I had to have a laugh listening to Rothfield last week as well when he said he'd been on the phone to Peter V'Landys about the possibility of crowds coming back by July. He claimed that V'Landys more or less told him to "keep pushing the issue, because it will happen". These guys are really only 'reporting' because somebody told them they could do it.

redv13

Bench
Rothfield is a gibbering alcoholic wanker who supports our number 1 rival and would love seeing Saints in this situation!! This bloke has been leeching on the nrl for decades, him and his rosy red cheeks. Be a real reporter and do your job properly.

The final two in the McFail saga to fully trash their credibility
- all for nothing
...and they are now nothing but bus victims:

“The only ones backing Mary now - Daley and Fittler - played origin with him. Coincidence?”

Are you next Andrew?
And we can already hear the deflected lines of:

“Well I can’t help if the Chairman thought I’m a good coach & extended me”.
(Blame someone else rather than his conniving)

The fire is doused and the smoke has cleared

...and there’s nowhere for all the players in this sorry tale to hide

These big shots think we are morons.

That’s why I have a strong belief in the ordinary fans judgment and no one knows the club or puts it under more scrutiny than its own...you guys.

If it looks like a duck...

Latest posts