What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Warriors

murraymob

Coach
the players where not great last week .But the coaching was B grade .Simple the game plan was to hold two bench players back till later.Newcastle get 2 injured early do we change and constantly run fresh players at them.No keep the same plan hold the players back .There players tire so do ours no advantage gained.Burton misses 5 shots at field goal at what point does a message go out to change kicker it doesnt

Exsilium

First Grade
the players where not great last week .But the coaching was B grade .Simple the game plan was to hold two bench players back till later.Newcastle get 2 injured early do we change and constantly run fresh players at them.No keep the same plan hold the players back .There players tire so do ours no advantage gained.Burton misses 5 shots at field goal at what point does a message go out to change kicker it doesnt

I agree. He’s one dimensional as a coach.

Rinse and repeat garbage.

franklin2323

Immortal

Nothing stopping Luai taking shots out there.

BxTom

Bench
Cleary can't change a game plan mid season, let alone mid game.

Hooked

Juniors

That is a very valid point. Luai could have asked or demanded a shot after Burton's several misses.
I have watched a few golden point games over the years and usually when someone keeps missing, someone else has a shot.
Given Burton is his main competitor for his own spot he should have stepped up for a shot at winning the game.

franklin2323

Immortal
That is a very valid point. Luai could have asked or demanded a shot after Burton's several misses.
I have watched a few golden point games over the years and usually when someone keeps missing, someone else has a shot.
Given Burton is his main competitor for his own spot he should have stepped up for a shot at winning the game.

Don’t get me wrong the tactics and game plan were boring but that is where you should play what is front of you. Something that should be Luai’s strength

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not quite sure what all the angst is about?

Notwithstanding we had enough possession to put the game to bed we still got into good positions for Burton to seal the two points. He just missed all his field goal attempts, shit happens.

Even allowing for the short turnaround we have a very good opportunity to secure two points against Warriors and we will be sitting in a decent position.

The lack of strike power in the outside backs is not a recent phenomenon and despite his lack of tries Mansour s workrate and metres gained was outstanding.

I think we will be better this Friday night evening get the job done as we should

Panfa

Juniors
What did naden do to get dropped last week and be 18th man again this week.Surely he plays centre and chrichton is moved to fullback for aekins.Hetherington should take kennys spot on the bench also why play a guy who had 10 mins and got hooked.

Fangs

Coach
I place the loss fairly close to embarrassing. We have had much worse of course. The Knights loss at home in 2018 was one of those.

Will all be forgotten if they win against the Warriors. Who knows which team will show up, I hope it's us.

I'm curious about Staines in the 21. Maybe not a great idea at fb considering the experience in our current spine. He wouldn't be in the 21 if he wasn't close to selection.

Fangs

Coach

As highly unlikely as this would be, what if it was Nathan Cleary who missed 5 consecutive attempts? Does that mean Luai takes a shot or do you back Cleary again?

Our field goal options have somewhat diminished. We no longer have two experts like Soward/Moylan, Maloney/Cleary. We have been blessed for years in that department.

Kilkenny

Coach
Are you being obtuse on purpose? We couldn't beat a severely undermanned Knights team... who had a 2 man bench for a lot of the game... and you don't know what all the angst is about? I find that extremely hard to believe.

The reaction has been a little over the top. It is 1 game, the first game back after a two month hiatus, the fact we even picked up a point was a positive and there were some positives in individual performances. Was I disappointed watching the game, absolutely, but I’m inclined to watch a few more games before forming some of the views that have been expressed.

Flashstep

Juniors
The reaction has been a little over the top. It is 1 game, the first game back after a two month hiatus, the fact we even picked up a point was a positive and there were some positives in individual performances. Was I disappointed watching the game, absolutely, but I’m inclined to watch a few more games before forming some of the views that have been expressed.

I understand where you’re coming from but the problem is we’ve all seen it before last year, our inability to score points is a massive issue. Teams don’t defend well against us it’s just that we’re so predictable a NSW Cup could hold us to under 12 points. It’s going to be a very long year I think because I just can’t see where points come from for us, unless Cleary goes up another 2 gears we have nothing.

Not to mention Newcastle barely applied any pressure to us with a makeshift spine and they still looked a lot more dangerous, god help us when we come up against a team like Parra or Canberra

MugaB

Coach
The Warriors set a new record for 100% possession. 46 sets without an error.

5 day turnaround and team that won't give it away will make the game very difficult for us IMO.
43 sets then the last 5mins they made 2 errors, it was a total of 46 sets, dragons are busted old farts, warriors played well the 6again suited their playing style, but they should have won by 50 with that much possesion.
And so should have we against the knights, with no Ponga, Peirce, Watson and Glasby missing/injured.
Luai was absent, or Api wanted Burton only at 1st receiver, coz i didn't see Luai do anything.... thats gotta a problem if that's all we have this friday.
Naden is a Must.... Capewell and Chrichton can go to the bench, aswell as Tetevano and Hetherington.
Kikau, Fish, Yeo, backrow/lock, Tamou, Api and Leota start at Front row.
I'd stick with Aekins for a few more weeks, rushing in Edwards is a major mistake, that can possibly end our season if he goes down again, although im happy with the Aekins/Chrichton share game swap, its handy having a fast guy like Stephen off the bench

ACTPanthers

Bench
So what you're saying is, you DO understand what all the angst is about, but you don't agree with it.

There's no need to inject some kind of false statement to make yourself seem superior to others who have a more bleak outlook. That's just silly, and quite frankly, below the standard you usually post at.

franklin2323

Immortal
As highly unlikely as this would be, what if it was Nathan Cleary who missed 5 consecutive attempts? Does that mean Luai takes a shot or do you back Cleary again?

Our field goal options have somewhat diminished. We no longer have two experts like Soward/Moylan, Maloney/Cleary. We have been blessed for years in that department.

Surely someone else there could take a shot. Cleary and Burton aren’t the only 2 that can kick FG

Panfa

Juniors
I got a feeling we will see a few late inclusions come Friday night.I reckon naden and Hetherington will come in for aekins and kenny.

Panfa

Juniors
1.chrichton 2.mansour 3.whare 4. Naden 5.too 6.Burton 7.luai 13.Martin 12.kikau 11.yeo 10.tamou 9.koroisau 8.Fisher Harris 14.Hetherington 15.leota 16.capewell 17.tetevano if we are serious about beating the warriors.

Latest posts