What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walker Brothers

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Team

I really believe the Walker Brothers brand of footy would translate well with the new rules etc.

Plus, I'm sick of all 16 teams playing a slight variation of the same game.

The Dragons have lost their identity. Help them find it.

I created a petition (more of an experiment) to see how much support they might possibly get just out of curiosity.

Signatures would be greatly appreciated. So would any comments of reservations people have about appointing them.

http://chng.it/mSbSwDnR5r

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes please but can’t see it happening. Footy is entertainment at the end of the day. I can tolerate losses if we are having a go and and throwing it around.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Absolutely not. Have heard some nightmare stories regarding these pair from people who have dealt with them directly in their league, and to put it plainly, there is a reason they've been looked over by every single club who has needed a coach in recent years

Oh really? I haven't heard anything. What kind of stuff? Poor man management? Etc..

Ritzley

Juniors
If I recall, Ben Walker made a somewhat bizarre statement when he stepped down from co-coaching the Jets last year - effectively saying he was stepping away from frontline coaching to "freshen up" in case an NRL contract came along.... It kind of didn't sound right because surely you'd want to stay in the limelight...

Brutalitops

Juniors
Oh really? I haven't heard anything. What kind of stuff? Poor man management? Etc..
So I have heard a lot of stuff about them having a really bad attitude regarding player welfare. They have that really toxic belief that you're a pussy if you stay down hurt, real injury or not. Couple of other stories about their use of the term "coconut" to describe certain players. Just all around toxic stuff

T-Boon

Coach
It is somewhat weird that contract football has not become much more the way the game is played at all of the lower levels of the game. It has to be a lot more fun for the players - most of whom must hate all of the wrestling drills and the completions obsession. The fact it has not become the way the game is played at NSW & Qld cup is a sign of the control the NRL teams have over those comps. But what about the levels below that like Jim Beam cup.

Latest posts