What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

naturally gifted rugby league players for scoring tries, who you rate ?

blue bags

First Grade
naturally gifted rugby league players who you rate
the knowhow. running, passing, scheming, planning, setting up tries, side stepping, scoring

Andrew Johns, Wally Lewis, Johnathon Thurston, Alan Langer, Brett Kenny,
Teddy James Tedesco, Terry Lamb,

NATURAL rugby league players, with that extra talent of scoring tries
so many, cant list them all

An offensive weapon, that you knew , felt , would deliver the tries

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Billy Slater and James Tedesco are those players who just light the field up every game they play or in Slater's case played. They can score tries from any position from anywhere on the field.

Tedesco's 30 meter solo effort last Friday was something very few players can achieve whilst Slaters 2008 try against England is burned into my mind.

Incorrect

Coach
Might not be high on the try scorers list but Cody Walker is a real natural, just has footy instincts.

If he was around in the early to mid 90's just before the advent of full-time professionalism I reckon he'd have absolutely carved up. I mean he's pretty decent now, but with less structured defences he'd have been even more effective IMO.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The title of this thread is making my brain itch...

But anyway, not anywhere near the best, but Dave Simmons had an uncanny knack for getting a try when needed.

grouch

First Grade
umm Nathan Blacklock is the GOAT in this category

NRL top tryscorer THREE years in a row
20+ tries FOUR years in a row

And a good majority of those tries were not merely due to being a winger on the end of a good backline. He had the instinct and the intelligence to know when an opportunity was coming anywhere on the field, so would leave his wing to get them.

blacklockn-9905.jpg

As @grouch and @Willie Ray mentioned - Nathan Blacklock immediately registered with this thread topic. He's my favourite Dragon of all time, and my favourite player to watch of all time. But aside from my opinion he's got a try-scoring record to back it up. Absolutely Love Tingha.

Competing for Silver & Bronze Medals... players that come to mind include;

John Chicka Ferguson
Phil Blake (especially his early career)
Brett Kenny
Martin Offiah
Jason Robinson
David Peachey
Noa Nadruku
Matt Bowen
Ken Nagas
Brad Fittler
Jarryd Hayne

b88783921z1_20170602120922_000gmhl5oor3-0-yjwfpodx95c1r4cbco2_t460.jpg

The unknown

Juniors
J Yow Yeh before he had that horrific injury was amazing at scoring a meat pie. Brett Morris when the dragons were red hot

Greg Inglis, Tedesco

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Shaun Johnson in his earlier years at the Warriors, so many times he’d just pull clutch plays out of nothing with intercepts or just leaving defences grasping at air with ridiculous footwork and speed. But he never properly capitalised on his natural gifts and he’s lost a yard or two of pace these days. Has he even produced an SJ special since he’s been at the Sharks?

blue bags

First Grade
Shaun Johnson in his earlier years at the Warriors, so many times he’d just pull clutch plays out of nothing with intercepts or just leaving defences grasping at air with ridiculous footwork and speed. But he never properly capitalised on his natural gifts and he’s lost a yard or two of pace these days. Has he even produced an SJ special since he’s been at the Sharks?
super player, untouchable in his prime , younger days
blacklock
mundene
ainscoh
gasnier
coyne
bmoz
sailor

these dragons players would have scored , setup, 100s of tries
these players

Latest posts