What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team round 4

chewsta

First Grade
So what happens to Chadwick if Moyza and SJ light it up as a halves pairing this weekend?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Like the halves combo with the new rules. Might play a little less heads down.

I dunno. Not going to come out and say it won't work - eventually, maybe by a fluke at first.

However any combination of

6. Matt MOYLAN
7. Shaun JOHNSON
14. Connor TRACEY

Gives me the slight heebie jeebies. They are all too similar in style for me and FMD there's a lot of potential errors to be made in that lot.

I seriously would have gone with Trindall. He's more a settling type and has combos already with Kennedy, that hack in the 13, Tobias, Magoo if he gets a start. The wingers.

May as well play the Jets team in fact

shaggs

Coach
I dunno. Not going to come out and say it won't work - eventually, maybe by a fluke at first.

6. Matt MOYLAN
7. Shaun JOHNSON
14. Connor TRACEY

Gives me the slight heebie jeebies. They are all too similar in style for me and FMD there's a lot of potential errors to be made in that lot.

I seriously would have gone with Trindall. He's more a settling type and has combos already with Kennedy, that hack in the 13, Tobias, Magoo if he gets a start. The wingers.

Still can. When do they name it? Friday 730 is the cut to 19. If trindall is cut then we will have a better idea

Ads

First Grade

6. Matt MOYLAN
7. Shaun JOHNSON
14. Connor TRACEY

Do agree and I’d prefer moylan at the back probably but a team without chad might make more inroads if it leads to a faster off the cuff style while teams adjust to the new rules.

Chimp

Juniors
Based on our performances so far this year, I’d potentially put forward an argument that we might aswell go sh*t or bust with SJ and Moylan at halfback and try blitz teams. We’re not good enough this year to beat the good teams unless they’re on an off day, so might aswell have a crack and lose 40 - 38 than have a boring team and get beat 28-16.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Looking forward to Saturday - out for a long lunch. By the time, this team runs out I’ll either be asleep or still railing with zero interest. One game back already over it

shadowboxer

First Grade
Well after being locked up for who knows how long, I’m excited to be going out.
Probally should just keep my joy to myself and negatively fret over the crap that is the sharks
Enjoy the game

carcharias

Immortal
Well after being locked up for who knows how long, I’m excited to be going out.
Probally should just keep my joy to myself and negatively fret over the crap that is the sharks
Enjoy the game

don’t worry, I liked your post.
Sounds like a good plan.

shaggs

Coach
Hypothetically, if we win this weekend and next, does chad struggle to make it back into first grade? I preface this with I expect him to be sidelined for 2 weeks despite having a 1 week injury. It’s a short season and I expect the medical team to be spooked by Moylan hamstrings.

Quigs

Immortal
At this stage of the season I am not expecting munch now. All I can confirm is that plodders are gonna plod.

Ads

First Grade
The games changed. I think we now need to move Wade to 13 to get more out of him in attack and also to plug some holes that the big 13's we play cant. Bring in Wilton on the left edge and Williams drops to the bench as a prop rotation or he trains back up as the edge rower he used to be.

shaggs

Coach
The games changed. I think we now need to move Wade to 13 to get more out of him in attack and also to plug some holes that the big 13's we play cant. Bring in Wilton on the left edge and Williams drops to the bench as a prop rotation or he trains back up as the edge rower he used to be.
I agree with this.

having your best attacker locked into the left side is pointless. Put him in the middle, with two hole runners on the edges.
You essentially play every set with a 6 and 7 on both sides.

carinashark

First Grade
Wade has to be encouraged to pass and kick though . Not one out Gal type play.
Looking at the game replay and you can see Brailey to Woods combo slowing us down. Brailey is working hard in defence but in attack he passes off to Woods on the first tackle. Woods walks up , resists and then falls over. The players attracting 3 defenders are Williams, Duggan, Uele,Toby and Wade. So play straight and walk forward sucking in defenders. Go for points or 6 again in the last 2 tackles. With Woods I see one good front on tackle then help outs. In attack one good run up and into the defence then walk up’s and the worst attempt at milking a penalty.
In defence all game Brailey is a stand out tackler taking out defenders legs. Problem is other players might start leaving it up to him.
Who bends the line, or at least moves it? Toby,Brailey,Dugan,Wade and Williams.
SJ is a liability, there is no hint of cleverness. If there is a plan , he is not in on it.
On to the second half.

Latest posts