What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

Dragon David

First Grade
Must have knocked himself out to avoid the embarrassment
We continue to go from bad to worse. More excuses from the bald one. "If Clune did not break his nose at training he would have played and we would have won" will be one of the comments on the presser after the game by Mary.

Old Timer

Coach
Looking at Clune's face you could make a case that perhaps senior players are not going to let the chance slip for another loss.

The team has fought too hard to get us to the cliff edge for them to turn back now.

Evidently the talk of someone getting us to perform and perhaps save the coach evidently didn't go down to well.

slippery5

Juniors
The Guy is a complete ( you know what) His changes are saying Simms & Fui's 20 min cameo from the bench, was the sole reason we lacked any attack, because without our forwards going forward Dufty is useless, so scratch him also, ( even though he got Best & Fairest at training!!!!!!!!!!!! ).

Wittenberg

Juniors
I feel at the same time both proud of Clune and sorry for him. So he wins a spot and has the tag of ‘saviour’ put on him. The team’s two other ‘playmakers’ have both been moved from their favoured positions and he will be playing behind a pack that had no enthusiasm last week and a backline that showed no penetration at all. Yes it is his chance and he deserves it, but my gut fear is that he has been given the chance to push shit uphill.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We blow money on five or so coaches Mc Gregor, Flanagan, Shepherd, Young and Head and heaven knows who else. The result is poor attack, paperthin defence, inept passing, poor strategic kicking, no speed, no backing up, no running at the gaps, no blindside plays, non-existent teamwork, fumbling handling and zero enthusiasm

Crush

Coach
I feel at the same time both proud of Clune and sorry for him. So he wins a spot and has the tag of ‘saviour’ put on him. The team’s two other ‘playmakers’ have both been moved from their favoured positions and he will be playing behind a pack that had no enthusiasm last week and a backline that showed no penetration at all. Yes it is his chance and he deserves it, but my gut fear is that he has been given the chance to push shit uphill.
He gets his chance against a pretty weak side though, I'd feel really sorry for him if he debuted against Raiders etc.
I reckon he'll have a day out.

qld redvee

Juniors
The Guy is a complete ( you know what) His changes are saying Simms & Fui's 20 min cameo from the bench, was the sole reason we lacked any attack, because without our forwards going forward Dufty is useless, so scratch him also, ( even though he got Best & Fairest at training!!!!!!!!!!!! ).
Slippery
Dont forget Korbin also killed it at training so he edged out Merrin .. simms as effective as Lawrie and Graham but he got thrown under the bus also .. Love the fact that Norman did nothing but gets put back at fullback where he did nothing at last year AND has spent all off season training at 5/8 . How does supercoach decide that norman at fullback is an advantage of a move His defence was woeful against the warriors he let nikorama run over him for a try !!!! So that alone should of had him dropped

Belta

Juniors
DS,
I am delighted that Clune has finally got his chance and I think it is far better that he comes in when he has a good chance to make a genuine difference and to cement a place in the side rather than an odd game because of an injury. From what I saw of him in the CC last year he ran the team almost single-handedly. Who better then to thrust into the NRL team when it appears quite directionless? One of Hunt's weaknesses during his tenure has been a consistently poor kicking game. Against almost every opponent we have displayed the weaker kicking game, a real burden for the team to shoulder. Clune's short kicking game should bring a real improvement and ask more questions of the opposition. Just a pity that this commonsense selection has been accompanied by others defying logic such as the disappearance of Tyrell whose only failure against the Warriors was to stay on the bench for as long as Mary dictated.

I just hope Clune is given time. It’s pertinent to point out that in Clunes debut he will have to instantly form combinations with the spine, players his never played with before, including a somewhat lazy out of form five eight whose now a fullback, a five eight partner who played mostly as a half down on confidence who is now moved out of his preferred position and behind a lack lustre forward pack with an inexplicable bench rotation. I am sure it will workout just fine. Go son, show some vision and lead this flock of lost souls to victory.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I just hope Clune is given time. It’s pertinent to point out that in Clunes debut he will have to instantly form combinations with the spine, players his never played with before, including a somewhat lazy out of form five eight whose now a fullback, a five eight partner who played mostly as a half down on confidence who is now moved out of his preferred position and behind a lack lustre forward pack with an inexplicable bench rotation. I am sure it will workout just fine. Go son, show some vision and lead this flock of lost souls to victory.

Amen to all that- particularly the time for all these changes to gel- however, Norman has been tried before at full back without great success so, for mine, he's only in the team because he's expensive. Personally, I would have given Jason Saab a run (if fit) at full- back- but of course, he is young and not Mary's demographic.

blacksafake

First Grade
Slippery
Dont forget Korbin also killed it at training so he edged out Merrin .. simms as effective as Lawrie and Graham but he got thrown under the bus also .. Love the fact that Norman did nothing but gets put back at fullback where he did nothing at last year AND has spent all off season training at 5/8 . How does supercoach decide that norman at fullback is an advantage of a move His defence was woeful against the warriors he let nikorama run over him for a try !!!! So that alone should of had him dropped
Norman is there due to the size of his pay packet.

qld redvee

Juniors
Norman is there due to the size of his pay packet.
Exactly mr black.. He is in the team because of supercoach's arrogance ... Only a week ago he stated perform or perish ( well norman didnt perform or perish ) then after the warriors supercoach sprouted words like - we will review the performances and if it is an advantage to the team to drop and promaote we will do it if not no change ..
So supercoach has crreated a third option that of " its my team and Ill do what I want "
this coaching strategy is unbelievable shows his arrogance and his dare i say despot hold on the team
So much for his good staff and good ideas he has implemented - maybe this is one of those good plans

Old Timer

Coach
Evidently Dufty winning the "scrimmage" at training doesn't count for all that much in the big scheme of things.

By doing that it meant he has to be replaced by a previously failed full back who is actually a grossly underperforming 5/8 who has been replaced in that position by a grossly underperforming halfback who evidently is really a hooker.

Dufty sure has a lot to answer for for winning that scrimmage.

Oh wait a minute it's actually Lomax's fault because he was an underperforming FB off the back of 1 game and he hadn't progressed good enough enough during the second offseason so he as an underperfoming FB had to be shunted into the centres to replace the underperforming centre who is now a bench middle who replaced the over-performing new purchase back rower who had 12 minutes last week as punishment for a MOM performance in his previous game.

So that means it must actually be Basil's fault for buying a guy who over achieved and had to be dropped so as to give all the under performers a chance to redeem themselves.

Thank f**k we have a coach capable of executing all this stuff.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Exactly mr black.. He is in the team because of supercoach's arrogance ... Only a week ago he stated perform or perish ( well norman didnt perform or perish ) then after the warriors supercoach sprouted words like - we will review the performances and if it is an advantage to the team to drop and promaote we will do it if not no change ..
So supercoach has crreated a third option that of " its my team and Ill do what I want "
this coaching strategy is unbelievable shows his arrogance and his dare i say despot hold on the team
So much for his good staff and good ideas he has implemented - maybe this is one of those good plans
My thought on him going to 1 is that at 6 he just hides and shovels it on where at fullback he has nowhere to hide. He is just trying to force him to have a dig. Personally I’d pick the best fullback the club has and drop the bloke but hey I’m not a 6 year coaching veteran.

Dragon David

First Grade
Evidently Dufty winning the "scrimmage" at training doesn't count for all that much in the big scheme of things.

By doing that it meant he has to be replaced by a previously failed full back who is actually a grossly underperforming 5/8 who has been replaced in that position by a grossly underperforming halfback who evidently is really a hooker.

Dufty sure has a lot to answer for for winning that scrimmage.

Oh wait a minute it's actually Lomax's fault because he was an underperforming FB off the back of 1 game and he hadn't progressed good enough enough during the second offseason so he as an underperfoming FB had to be shunted into the centres to replace the underperforming centre who is now a bench middle who replaced the over-performing new purchase back rower who had 12 minutes last week as punishment for a MOM performance in his previous game.

So that means it must actually be Basil's fault for buying a guy who over achieved and had to be dropped so as to give all the under performers a chance to redeem themselves.

Thank f**k we have a coach capable of executing all this stuff.

Gee when you put it like that OT we certainly are a massive mess. It's like shuffling a pack of cards hoping to have all the aces on top but getting the dregs instead, then a reshuffle with all the cards being spilled and the good cards all over the place put back anywhere in the deck.

Does Mary see a miracle in the making with the switch of Norman to fullback? What has been the purpose of signing Lomax for such a long period and have him play in positions all over the back line?

Our pre-season and training must me shite. Surely they must train with the players consistently in the positions which they have been signed for and get them to practice all drills that go with those positions?

When a team of players are chopped and changed frequently, there is just no cohesion and understanding of each others abilities. Yes there is always a need to make changes and mostly when a player is injured and another player takes his place until the injured person is right to play again.

You just don't see many players in other teams being put in different positions week in/week out particularly in the top teams and even the other bottom teams try and stick to their players staying in the same positions routinely. So then, if we lose on Monday to the Bulldogs, will Mary shuffle the deck once again?

Latest posts