What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan or Bennett

Crush

Coach
Agree 100%.

For some unknown reason people want to bring a known cheat and liar into the most important position in our football club.

Our club seems to have lost all pride and takes decisions (roster & coaches) on the basis that anything better than what we have is therefore acceptable.

That logic managed to get us so far down the table of respectability that the scum that floats on top of the sewer we now live in is looked upon as an upgrade.

Pride, integrity & accountability is what will make us into a side we can be proud of and Flanno doesn't bring that to the table.
Who would you realistically like to see as our next head coach OT?
You seem quite negative about Flanno, fair enough. Who would you be positive about?

Coffs dragon

Bench
While I agree with what you have said re Fitzgibbon.
Are you sure he want to leave the roosters?
Not sure Sammy, but he still lives down in the Gong region and his father was the inaugural coach for the Illawarra Steelers when they entered into the comp.
You would have to think he would aspire to be a head coach having gained so much experience with the Roosters, Country rep team and now NSW Origin as defence coach.

Old Timer

Coach
Who would you realistically like to see as our next head coach OT?
You seem quite negative about Flanno, fair enough. Who would you be positive about?
Me and what’s more I’ll do it for $400k and get a better result but OKB 1 would probably outbid me and do it for $250k

Seriously much depends on whether dick head gets punted now, at season end or at the end of his contract.

If now it’d be Toovey

If at season end Griffin / Toovey

If at the end of his contract (FMD what a thought) I’d be angling for any of the top 8 coaches minus Bellyache, Robbo, Sticky who would be immovable imo and also Bennett as I just don’t see him being the right fit anymore.

Crush

Coach
Me and what’s more I’ll do it for $400k and get a better result but OKB 1 would probably outbid me and do it for $250k

Seriously much depends on whether dick head gets punted now, at season end or at the end of his contract.

If now it’d be Toovey

If at season end Griffin / Toovey

If at the end of his contract (FMD what a thought) I’d be angling for any of the top 8 coaches minus Bellyache, Robbo, Sticky who would be immovable imo and also Bennett as I just don’t see him being the right fit anymore.
Toovey? You just like him because he's always cranky and outraged!
Griffin I really like, I felt he was hard done by at Penrith and seems like a good firm coach.

Bennett is the answer

He would clean out the joint and give the young players a go if they are up to it.

He would attract players, unlike McMoron who has the opposite effect.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Bennett is the answer

He would clean out the joint and give the young players a go if they are up to it.

He would attract players, unlike McMoron who has the opposite effect.

Ten years ago I would have agreed with you- but his last few outings with Newcastle, Great Britain and now Souths don't inspire as much confidence- judgement of whether a player is a good fit or not is obviously one of many key qualities you want in a coach and his choice of Mitchell over Adam Douehi, for mine, was a poor choice as is his stubborn insistence on playing Mitchell full back. You'd also have to say, his decision not to report the Cody Walker matter wasn't good judgement.

Seems to me, Wayne is worried about losing the (largely) indigenous dressing room backline of Souths. When a coach is afraid to discipline when necessary, they're on the way out.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Sorry boys and girls , I for one dont care how we get there , because we seem to be the only club trying to do it the right way ..... While other clubs are doing what ever they can to win a premiership....
That's correct, look how the rorters brown paper bag merchants are lauded everywhere as the greatest . Also the purple salary cap cheats are looked upon as a magnificent organization. The donkeys the less said the better

RedVDave

First Grade
I think Flannigan is the more logical choice I mean I'll always love Bennett for delivering us the holy grail, but whenever he leaves a club he also leaves behind a lot of destruction Brisbane, Newcastle and us. It's because he is that damn good of a coach he is virtually impossible to replace I don't want to my club to go through that again.

Other options I would love to see in the Red V would include Toovey & Griffin.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think Flannigan is the more logical choice I mean I'll always love Bennett for delivering us the holy grail, but whenever he leaves a club he also leaves behind a lot of destruction Brisbane, Newcastle and us. It's because he is that damn good of a coach he is virtually impossible to replace I don't want to my club to go through that again.

Other options I would love to see in the Red V would include Toovey & Griffin.

Yes, I agree with you RedVDave and particularly what you said about whenever Bennett leaves a club he leaves behind a lot of destruction, which I have already mentioned in a different thread. Unfortunately, Jason Demetriou will suffer the same fate in my opinion.

We definitely need a coach that will help attract better players, ones that want to come to play for the club and not just for the money. Bring back the excitement into our numbed bodies resulting from most of the pitiful games we have had with Mary at the wheel.

Whether or not the gods are with us to grant us the wish for Mary to be sacked and a person like Flanagan to take over is questionable. Is it because we are just not Saintly enough nowadays?

St Georgio

Juniors
1st Choice A.Griffin
2nd Wayne Bennett if Available
3.Shaun Wane
I would feel comfortable with either Griffin or Bennett.
Even though Shaune Wane is like Wayne Bennett in the ESL, can he replicate his achievements in the NRL?

WepnutV

Juniors
Flanno.. Bennett would be good while he is at our club.. But look at the mess he leaves clubs once hes gone.. So i hope bennett is not signed.. I think shaun wane is who we should be bending over backwards to sign