What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Generalzod

Immortal
Trial by Media fantastic I’ve watched 3 episodes so far The Jenny Jones Talk Show murder, Bernie Goetz subway vigilante, 41 shots NYPD shot 41 times.

Tommy Smith

Referee
They may have been mentioned, but I just had a great movie double of Good Time starring Robert Pattinson who is awesome - a movie about a bank robbery gone wrong by the Safdie Brothers (Uncut Gems) - and that was followed by Cargo, which is a brilliant Australian zombie flick starring Martin Freeman of UK Office & Hobbit fame.

mongoose

Coach
Very late to the show but I started watching Homeland. First season is brilliant. I was expecting some heavily biased pro-USA crap but it's deeply interesting.

Matua

Bench
The Last Kingdom update: So, through sheer laziness I wound up starting S2 and am enjoying it a lot more than S1. The annoying things still annoy me, and both Utrecht and Alfred are both pretty stupid at times considering they're not supposed to be. But, I quite like his little gang with the Irish dude, the Nun, the small Dane and the big Dane.

bileduct

Coach
They may have been mentioned, but I just had a great movie double of Good Time starring Robert Pattinson who is awesome - a movie about a bank robbery gone wrong by the Safdie Brothers (Uncut Gems)
I f**king hated Good Time, and Uncut Gems gave me a headache with all the constant shouting.

Though the last ten or so minutes of Uncut Gems was intense.

Greenfields

Juniors
Very late to the show but I started watching Homeland. First season is brilliant. I was expecting some heavily biased pro-USA crap but it's deeply interesting.
Thought season 2 and 3 were a bit of a drag but everything from season 4 onward is great.

Just finished season 3 of Ozark, such a great show. The ending was brilliant.

mongoose

Coach
Thought season 2 and 3 were a bit of a drag but everything from season 4 onward is great.

Just finished season 3 of Ozark, such a great show. The ending was brilliant.

im half way through S3 and have enjoyed all of it. Claire Danes character can be overbearing though.. she overacts the bipolar thing a bit.

Greenfields

Juniors
im half way through S3 and have enjoyed all of it. Claire Danes character can be overbearing though.. she overacts the bipolar thing a bit.
Yeah that's fair enough, they weren't terrible seasons but I think the later ones are much better. S2 and 3 just got a bit too side tracked with Brodie's family IMO.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I f**king hated Good Time, and Uncut Gems gave me a headache with all the constant shouting.

Though the last ten or so minutes of Uncut Gems was intense.

I felt the same. Actually took me 3 sessions of watching Uncut Gems to get through it all.

Matua

Bench
Ep 1 I kept thinking the killer looked like Chad Townsend.
The most important question is which Chad Townsend? The good version from Cronulla or the absolute no talent wouldn't make a coed schools reserves bench (that lets the girls play) version who played for the Warriors?

YoHadrian

Juniors
Don't know if I mentioned this before but check out The Laundromat. Gary Oldman, Antonio Banderas & Meryl Streep. The whole story is a tangent of the Panama Papers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5865326/

Meryl Streep is excellent & is still at the top of her game & Oldman/Banderas as two lawyers are very funny.

avocado

Juniors
Not sure if I’ve seen it mentioned but Godless is one of the best 1 season series I’ve ever seen. Every character, good or bad, is fantastic. Brilliant story. Five stars.

mackdadday

Juniors
Enjoying Space Force. Right amount of goofy with Steve Carrell and John Malkovitch playing their usual sympathetic goof and quirky roles respecively. First four episodes are great and keen to watch more.

Timbo

Staff member
Enjoying Space Force. Right amount of goofy with Steve Carrell and John Malkovitch playing their usual sympathetic goof and quirky roles respecively. First four episodes are great and keen to watch more.

I enjoyed it, but f**k me I hated the character of the daughter. Need to scale her back if it gets a second season.

It also has one of the absolute worst finales of any first season I’ve ever seen in my opinion. Really knocked it down a few pegs for me.

Last edited:

mackdadday

Juniors
I enjoyed it, but f**k me I hated the character of the daughter. Need to scale her back if it gets a second season.

It also has one of the absolute worst finales of any first season I’ve ever seen in my opinion. Really knocked it down a few pegs for me.

The favorite for me from the first few episodes is marcus. I look forward to his character arc expanding somehow.