What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘He’s a coward’: Spud declares war on Gal

Quicksilver

Bench
Yep, well the club was either negligent or incompetent is just as bad.

They may well have been that, but it isn’t as bad. Negligence is treated differently under the law to an act with intent.

It’s also difficult to make a moral argument that negligence is as bad as someone doing something with intent.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They may well have been that, but it isn’t as bad. Negligence is treated differently under the law to an act with intent.

It’s also difficult to make a moral argument that negligence is as bad as someone doing something with intent.

They employed Dank, for what purpose I wonder?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You wonder- exactly.

That would be the same Dank that was employed by a number of other professional sports organisations prior. I wonder why they employed him?

We know Sharks are sht at hiding stuff, doesnt mean that their wasnt a club funded illegal drug program at Cronulla because he had worked elsewhere lol

Quicksilver

Bench
We know Sharks are sht at hiding stuff, doesnt mean that their wasnt a club funded illegal drug program at Cronulla because he had worked elsewhere lol

Doesn't mean there was either.

And we were initially talking about whether it was endorsed by the club- nice move of the goal posts.

Management failings was what they got busted for. Anything further is just your speculation.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Doesn't mean there was either.

And we were initially talking about whether it was endorsed by the club- nice move of the goal posts.

Management failings was what they got busted for. Anything further is just your speculation.

If you're paying for something then I don't think endorsed is a stretch. Ignorance is not a defence lol

Quicksilver

Bench
If you're paying for something then I don't think endorsed is a stretch. Ignorance is not a defence lol

If you engage me to do (X ) but I do (Y), does that mean that you endorsed me to do it?

Ignorance is a partial defence, and it was accepted as a partial defence. The club were punished for management failings and the players were punished for unknowingly and unwittingly taking the substances. So you're wrong. As f**king usual.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you engage me to do (X ) but I do (Y), does that mean that you endorsed me to do it?

Ignorance is a partial defence, and it was accepted as a partial defence. The club were punished for management failings and the players were punished for unknowingly and unwittingly taking the substances. So you're wrong. As f**king usual.

So they got injections, lozenges and creams from him and never knew anything was wrong? Hmmm. Dont they go through extensive drug education programs about their responsibilities as a professional sportsman to know what they are putting in their bodies?

So when Dank said he left a record with Elkin of everything players where being given that doesnt count as the club knowing what was going on? When your club Dr raised his concerns with the head coach and was ignored that didnt count that the club knew what was going on? When yous ay the club didnt know. which part of the club exactly are you talking about?

Anyway I'm sure you'll deny it all and say it was all Dank and Sharks were innocent lol.

Quicksilver

Bench
So they got injections, lozenges and creams from him and never knew anything was wrong? Hmmm. Dont they go through extensive drug education programs about their responsibilities as a professional sportsman to know what they are putting in their bodies?

So when Dank said he left a record with Elkin of everything players where being given that doesnt count as the club knowing what was going on? When your club Dr raised his concerns with the head coach and was ignored that didnt count that the club knew what was going on? When yous ay the club didnt know. which part of the club exactly are you talking about?

Anyway I'm sure you'll deny it all and say it was all Dank and Sharks were innocent lol.

When the club doctor found out he alerted the coach and it was stopped. That is why they didn't get in more shit. The board only found out what had happened when it hit the news.

I actually thought Flanagan should have lost his job over what happened- but it is what it is.

But make up your own facts.

ACTPanthers

Bench
It's pretty ironic that the Sharks fans are among the biggest biters of bait others post... It's like you all get a notification when anyone posts anything about the Sharks.

Seriously guys, if you don't bite, they'll get bored. Just stop.

betcats

Referee
Like spud said, someone who isnt a doctor tries to give you an injection then you ask wtf is it. It was systematic drug cheating Gallens attitude on it is pathetic. He was the captain and he is in the biggest denial out of everyone who was involved.

Pointing the finger at Manly doesnt do anything to exonerate the sharks.

Quicksilver

Bench
Like spud said, someone who isnt a doctor tries to give you an injection then you ask wtf is it. It was systematic drug cheating Gallens attitude on it is pathetic. He was the captain and he is in the biggest denial out of everyone who was involved.

Pointing the finger at Manly doesnt do anything to exonerate the sharks.

Manly were injecting calves blood.

It was publicised at the time. It was supposedly cutting edge and ok.

So it’s established that not all needles are a no no.

The same sport scientists is brought in at Cronulla. He tells the players it is ok, but keeps it secret from the club doctor. A player tells the club doctor what had happened. The club doctor stopped it.

It was an horrendous f**k up that has cost the club and individuals dearly. There were serious management failings and we’ve paid.

We should be on top of the world financially now, but the amount of money spent on this f**k up during a critical time in the development has f**ked us.

There is no value in making it out to be something it’s not. Unless you’re a 5 year old kid with no appreciation for nuance.

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
Dank was at Manly aswell what do you think happened there snartarse....
Manly had enough money and the right people in the right positions to manage Dank. Cronulla were povo and shouldnt have engaged someone who runs on the edge but couldn't be properly monitored.

Can't wait for his book after he retires and needs cash. I reckon he has a lot of evidence from a number of clubs to put forward.

Pork Hunt

Juniors
I watched the '95 match recently on Kayo where Chief knocked himself out trying to put a hit on Spud. Was always a good contest but Chief hardly owned Spud.
Chief owned Spudd, most definitely. Every time they had a blue, Chief would've been the points winner if it was a boxing match. '97 Grand Final Chief smashed Spudd a couple of times, forced a few errors from him. Only time Spudd came out on top was that incident in '95 when Chief knocked himself out (even then Spudd carried on like a complete twat, standing over an unconscious Chief mouthing off: to the point where Cement Gillespie basically yelled at him to stop being a goose).
Spudd would've loved to have gotten one-up on Chief but like in the cartoons he was always just that one step behind lol.

Dark Corner

Juniors
Chief owned Spudd, most definitely. Every time they had a blue, Chief would've been the points winner if it was a boxing match. '97 Grand Final Chief smashed Spudd a couple of times, forced a few errors from him. Only time Spudd came out on top was that incident in '95 when Chief knocked himself out (even then Spudd carried on like a complete twat, standing over an unconscious Chief mouthing off: to the point where Cement Gillespie basically yelled at him to stop being a goose).
Spudd would've loved to have gotten one-up on Chief but like in the cartoons he was always just that one step behind lol.
Spudd couldn't hang with a AFL player and gassed himself out with his awful gorilla short arm Boxing style...was quite the embarrassment.

Latest posts