What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant gun Jason Saab to ditch Mary’s Dragons as rivals circle

TruSaint

Referee
Bombard the club, especially Webb with constructive emails, not abusive ones & tell them you’ll not be paying Red V memberships. And for those who are currently members cancel. The fans are feeling the pain on the field so let’s make the board/club feel it off the field. Besides that I’ve got nothing.

That's all we can do mate.
Change can only come if the bottom line hurts. Memberships / merchandise etc.. I know it sounds counterproductive, but we have reached that point.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
Not too sure about Lomax leaving after signing a six year deal?
This scuttlebutt about Saab is disappointing. We all need to realise that in sacking Mary before January 1, the club is out of a bit of pocket. Granted that doesn’t directly affect the cap, but it does affect the potential of signing players for 2021 with our “war chest”.
The way I see it is there are too many variables which are hearsay. At this stage, all we can do is watch in hope and in solidarity that the coverage we are getting (albeit negative) WILL bring some change we are all craving.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Not too sure about Lomax leaving after signing a six year deal?
This scuttlebutt about Saab is disappointing. We all need to realise that in sacking Mary before January 1, the club is out of a bit of pocket. Granted that doesn’t directly affect the cap, but it does affect the potential of signing players for 2021 with our “war chest”.
The way I see it is there are too many variables which are hearsay. At this stage, all we can do is watch in hope and in solidarity that the coverage we are getting (albeit negative) WILL bring some change we are all craving.
The loss of money that will happen with the management sticking with the fraudster will be a lot grater

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Just read an article on Fox that Saab wants out. According to the article he is tired of being overlooked. Wants his extended contract with us to be cancelled. Article thinks Melbourne are interested in him. Bloody hell. If it is true I give up!

Totally agree- how many more promising or exceptional players like Frizzell do we have to lose before the Board realises that our coach is the club's worst enemy- how many more games do we have to lose before the Board decides that Mary's time is up- how many, how many.......?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
CALLING STI BOARD...

ACT NOW, SACK THE COACH OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.

KEEP LOSING PLAYERS

KEEP LOSING GAMES

KEEP LOSING FANS

KEEP LOSING INCOME

DESTROY OUR LEGACY.

WAKE UP AND ACT NOW!!!
See, whilst I agree with your sentiment 110%, I’m not sure conveying it through this medium will work with folk of their vintage..

Have you tried Morse code or even carrier pigeon?

denis preston

First Grade
You know we could try the shame way. Keep getting the assistant coach to do ALL media bites including the post match, talk to the team at half time etc. Sort of like who blinks first. Would Mary tolerate being belittled like this ?? If not a sad way to finish his rugby league career. Mind you the architect of this misery ( the Board ) hide behind him. There must be a way for them to be accountable for this ?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ah! McGregor strikes again.

If Saab has recovered fully from his injury then there is no reason for him not to be playing in first grade. Game 2 was the perfect opportunity, but alas instead he shifts the fullback to wing after 1 game. Now game 3 where, the fullback, turned winger, has now shifted to the centres and McGregor brings in another winger who we know isn't the quickest, safest or smartest player around. Now game 4, the fullback bought in to replace the fullback has been, in turn, replaced by the 5/8th, the 7 moved to 6 and a rookie 7 bought in. Cue the Benny Hill music.

I can understand young Saab and throw in Sailor as well, who, I thought, had played pretty well at fullback late last year.

Oh, can someone confirm that Saab is a right winger, not a left?

Bench
If he is not sacked at the upcoming board meeting then our team will be circled by the vultures and more will want to leave. There has been talk of Vaughan might want out.

Bench
I come here every day, maybe more then once hoping to see some positive news, but our situation is getting worse by the day. Saab wants out, Vaughan is rumoured to want out.
We are a basket case now and I doubt whether I will live long enough to see the glory days again.
McIdiot has destroyed the team and the Board just stands there with their heads in the sand.
In my close on 50 years as a supporter have never seen our club in such a terrible state. Mind you I will be cheering them next game. Whatever happens they will always be my team

Im pissed of in maybe losing Saab, but happy that the media is all over us.

About fricken time. Its a sinking ship, and like i said in many threads, its on the board. Not the players, not the coach. They are employees. WE can and should be critical of their performances, but the critique ends there.

The BOD and senior management need to step up now, before we become totally irrelevant.

Ten years of crap, and we are the laughing stock of the NRL.
That’s it the constant media exposure might be our friend here

Smurf

Juniors
It just keeps getting worse and worse
The young guns are all getting shafted

“Tristan Sailor, Jackson Ford and Lachlan Timm have all impressed in the lower grades over the last 12 months but have not received a sustained crack at the top grade“

You can add a host of others to that list.

Also the idiot is refusing to give players like Host & Ford more game time.

Just get rid of the pumpkin Coach