What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Again

Dragon David

First Grade
If anything were to confirm that this role is good for the game, then this is it!
The rule looks good and does suit the better teams more. With us, Mary is still scratching his bald head wondering what the hell it is all about??!!

Dragsters

First Grade
Dunno if it's already been suggested here, but I reckon the kick off after you score rule needs real consideration now...

TruSaint

Referee
Dunno if it's already been suggested here, but I reckon the kick off after you score rule needs real consideration now...

They tried that during the Super League war ( on the enemy's side ).
Sorry bro, dont like it.

Its an NFL concept that does sit right for me in our game.

Dragsters

First Grade
They tried that during the Super League war ( on the enemy's side ).
Sorry bro, dont like it.

Its an NFL concept that does sit right for me in our game.

I know and I agree but with this new rule I reckon we're gonna see lots of these sorts of scores this season.

TruSaint

Referee
@Dragsters ,

I dont think a team should be punished for winning. The rules will be tweaked from time to time, but I like the idea that the reward for scoring is you get first crack in possession.

Dragsters

First Grade
@Dragsters ,

I dont think a team should be punished for winning. The rules will be tweaked from time to time, but I like the idea that the reward for scoring is you get first crack in possession.

I agree Tru.

I just think something might need to be done to stop this happening too often.

Let's hope it just a one off.

Perhaps it's just a by-product of iso and how some teams dealt with it and prepared better that others.

TruSaint

Referee
I agree Tru.

I just think something might need to be done to stop this happening too often.

Let's hope it just a one off.

Perhaps it's just a by-product of iso and how some teams dealt with it and prepared better that others.

I think your last sentence is spot on. 100%.

Will take time matey.

BLM01

First Grade
I know and I agree but with this new rule I reckon we're gonna see lots of these sorts of scores this season.
This new rule highlights what the wrestle and the slow down of the ruck masked.

That we do not have enough 1st graders for 16 teams when the game is played properly and salaries have been overinflated for some for many years.
We dont need just 17 big muscle bound athletes wrestling the crap out of each other
Footy played how it is meant to be played.
Who cares about blow outs..up to smart coaches to adapt.
Its been too easy for coaches / coaching wrestle and slowing down of the ruck and power / block pays
Now we will see the real smart tactical football coaches stand out above the crowd.
Short term pain...but worth it for a product and game played the way it should be.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Love the new rule, eventually could suit us when we get a new coach, especially with smaller more mobile forwards like Ford and Fuimaono on the books.

69-05-41

Juniors
We need statistics on extra tackles to make one of the refs' favourite tools for game management more transparent. Penalty counts are misleading as often the count miraculously evens up once the game is no longer a contest. Total tackle count restarts and penalties are also misleading as a restart/penalty on the first tackle could be a disadvantage to the attacking team, whereas late in the set they are a definite advantage. If a restart/penalty is given on tackle one this would count as one extra tackle whereas on tackle five it would be five extra tackles. Currently there is no record of the number of restarts only the number of penalties. A stat for total extra tackles would make it transparent if one team is getting a leg-up from the NRL (eg Souffs) or a dodgy ref.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The new rules are awesome but I find inconsistent. I see some times a ref will let tacklers stay on longer than others. Not that it would have made a difference in the warriors game but they seemed to get the extra second or 2 I found in teh tackle and when Saint got penalised it was the same if not shorter time. Yesterday I noticed Storm got away with some as well. As long is it becomes consistent it will be an awesome change. I am sure refs will get better and more consistent.

Less stoppages, more game time which helps as we don't have time to see replays and scrutinize over small infringements. With the 6 again, they don't have time to show replays of those infringements.

It is funny how these so called medial experts are saying how good the new rules are and how good the game is, when for the last 10+ years they have been kissing the guys arse that made the game what it was and giving him coach of the year awards.He should have been banned from the game for making it dangerous with all these illegal wresting moves which led to injuries especially around the shoulder and neck. I am sure Bellyache will find away to make it slower again around the ruck and get praised for it when he wins comps because of it.

BLM01

First Grade
I can feel the drums beating about concern from the media and coaches re the blowouts and the flow of possession
The broadasters wont be happy so we might have to succumb and tweek things back again..
cause Bristown are their free to air babies
Golly golosh...can they just for onve not focus on the 1 blowout this weekend as if all games are blowouts
Yes Penrith won 26-0...hardly a blowout against an injury riddled crap side...who by the way beat us 18-0

Stay strong NRL..keep the ruck clean!
Let the coaches work out how to fight attack with attack and teach their players to defend around the legs (one down one up) not power play punch v punch and 2-3 man wrestle (one man chopping the legs after 3 secs) from grabbing to which they have become accustomed.
Save some money NRL clubs..sack your wrestling coaches

Latest posts