What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Mary be sacked?

Should Mary be saked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragons 09

Juniors
The coaches you are comparing percentages with have a lot more games in total than Mary ,his percentages will go down the more games in total that he has ,if he displays his current prowess.

Agreed, he's plotting a course to end up in Price's league.

But my point is, we can't just think because anyone would be better, that we should piss Mary off immediately and engage one of the names that are being bandied around. The numbers show that some of the names being spoken of as possible replacements will ultimately have better percentages than Mary as he slides into the abyss, but their stats will only ever put them in the "also ran" category.

If we are happy to accept mid field finishes with the occasional finals involvement, then sure, go ahead, get rid of him now and sign another nuffy to a 3 year deal, but if we want to be genuine contenders (which i'm sure we all do), then we need to make the right decision. Getting rid of Mary is not the most important decision to make, who to replace him with is.

Minh

First Grade
It is also far easier to buy into the coaches ideologies when he bases them off the skillset at his disposal, and when the ideologies contribute to winning football games.

I think he does Benny V, I think Mary realises we are not going to blow anyone off the park mainly due to our lack of speed and therefore coaches the grinding style, even Bennett had us playing grinding footy, but he had an excellent kicker in Soward to implement this tactic and a good ball playing fullback in Boyd and great finishers on the wing. It is obvious that Bennett does this more effectively even with the cattle at hand...