What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Attack

Dragon David

First Grade
Adam Clune is on 75K.
He is being brought into the team because 2 million dollars worth of halves cannot get the attack to fire.
Watch and learn Ben as Adam shows you how to lead a team around.

It is truly unbelievable that this is the case. Just because you are on big money doesn't mean that you are a world beater Messrs Hunt and Norman.

I'm hoping that Clune is ok to play after he broke his nose yesterday and has a great game against the Bulldogs. If Foran returns, he and Lewis will certainly be testing Adam.

BLM01

First Grade
Adam Clune is on 75K.
He is being brought into the team because 2 million dollars worth of halves cannot get the attack to fire.
Watch and learn Ben as Adam shows you how to lead a team around.
Hey Crush what is your verdict on the Sims bros last weekend as you were so confident they would carve it up.
Now you know why I said KSims was on thin ice..,..he will be lucky to be in the NRL next year..except our place had a brain wave of signing him until the end of 2021.
Cant wait to see how the old ex part timer goes in the halves this weekend...

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Hey Crush what is your verdict on the Sims bros last weekend as you were so confident they would carve it up.
Now you know why I said KSims was on thin ice..,..he will be lucky to be in the NRL next year..except our place had a brain wave of signing him until the end of 2021.
Cant wait to see how the old ex part timer goes in the halves this weekend...
I thought last week the entire team was pathetic and wouldn't be pointing the finger at the Sims brothers. There is clearly more to it than the form of individual players, as a group they didn't put in and seemed distracted, disinterested and disengaged.

Belta

Juniors
I’ve been saying for years, We are by far the most unskilled footy side in the nrl. Just the simple plays like catch & pass, especially at speed are nonexistent throughout the club. I can’t even remember the last time one of our players picked up a pass around the the bootlaces on the run without dropping it or falling over.

You gotta wonder what they do at training. Im wondering if it’s because our team are so low on confidence that they are scared to make a mistake. One area that did annoy me and I found myself swearing at the tv was seeing player after player being partially tackled with their arms free and players to offload to and they just succumbed to the tackle without even seemingly aware of the fact they had a good opportunity to offload and create a second phase. Not once did I see it in the whole game. Just another seemingly simple skill that other teams perform regularly without a second thought.

Dragon David

First Grade
You gotta wonder what they do at training. Im wondering if it’s because our team are so low on confidence that they are scared to make a mistake. One area that did annoy me and I found myself swearing at the tv was seeing player after player being partially tackled with their arms free and players to offload to and they just succumbed to the tackle without even seemingly aware of the fact they had a good opportunity to offload and create a second phase. Not once did I see it in the whole game. Just another seemingly simple skill that other teams perform regularly without a second thought.
It is great to have the offload in your armoury of skills. To create second phase play on many sets would be the key to a good attacking team. In another thread I said that the Dragon's pre-season and general training must be shite. Surely they would practise and practise offloading the ball routinely just as much as passing and catching the ball? I certainly am at a lost as to what Mary and the other coaches are having the players do and practice.

If you take any other sport, the top players practise in all areas and if they had a flaw with something they would practice on it until it is perfected. Just like a gymnast with the drills he has to master or a golfer getting his iron shots right. As the saying goes, practise makes perfect.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Current Coaches
Mc Gregor-Overall coach
Flanagan-Defence
Shepherd-?
Young-Forwards
Head-Canterbury Cup and ?
Suggested Coaches for Remainder of 2020.
Get Head and Nightingale to coach backs.
Get Bailey and Timmins to coach forwards.
These four legends played with gusto and a never say die attitude!

Crush

Coach
Current Coaches
Mc Gregor-Overall coach
Flanagan-Defence
Shepherd-?
Young-Forwards
Head-Canterbury Cup and ?
Suggested Coaches for Remainder of 2020.
Get Head and Nightingale to coach backs.
Get Bailey and Timmins to coach forwards.
These four legends played with gusto and a never say die attitude!
Not sure we need more ex-players at the club coaching mate but I get your sentiments regarding attitude.

gregstar

Referee
Our goal........
2369-archive2.jpg

Current status.....

6326.jpg

Vinnie

Juniors
Before I post I just want to clarify ..... What Attack ?? Do we have one ??

Ohh sorry we forget obviously we have made a change someone has obviously coached Dufty (in attack) to hit the ground as soon as he gets close to defenders so he's not tossed over the sideline ... Hey that's progress i guess.

James Hooper has now started to bag our supercoach and over the last couple of days has stated that MARY is the attack coach .... We all know mary will not accept advice so how does this smug arrogant person suddenly manage to devise ways to attack all by his little self ????? He simply cant so if anything changes then (IMO) he has been told to either listen to your assisstants and make change or he has been told to move aside .. Same as any "outlandish" player changes .
One day mary says perform or perish then in the presser we will review and make changes if they improve the team ( right adjustment ) So if he dont like you its business as usual UNLESS there is a mutiny and commonsense prevails
I pray we have a mutiny and then he walks the plank
The basic problem with McGregor is that he was thrust into one of the most prestigious coaching positions in the competition with absolutely no coaching experience.
To clarify what I mean, 3 titles in bush footy and 2 years with mediocre results in reggies doesn't count.
That's where this disaster starts and finishes.
The longer this charade has gone on, the more obvious his lack of coaching ability has become apparent.
Now it has denigrated into a farce of monumental proportions.
The outcome has been collateral damage which has been mainly borne by the long-suffering Fans.
Those same Fans that have been consistently criticised by segments of the media for not being patient and fair with our "career coach".
It gives me no joy to state that, after all is said and done, "The Fans" have been dead right about McGregor and it's time for some of the participants in this tragedy/comedy to stand up and face the music - namely:
1. The Board members responsible for backing McGregor into a permanent coaching position after he was appointed as a caretaker in 2014.
2. The Board for not seeking the very best solution for the Club in terms of coaching talent.
Demetriou was staring them in the face based on results and nothing else and was ignored.
A high quality replacement for Price was never seriously pursued.
3. Extension #1 which was premature and unjustified at a time when it was obvious that McGregor was deficient and lacked experience.
4. Extension #2 which was perpetrated hurriedly and put in place prematurely AGAIN without any consideration for the groundswell of supporter discontent.
Once again signing off on the extension early in the season with time still to run on the existing contract and with no one even slightly interested in signing "career coach" to another club.
5. The inherent madness of the JDB fiasco and the constant use of this player as an excuse to explain why the team performed so badly since he was stood down.
6. The Board members responsible for allowing McGregor to embarrass himself and the Club in front of the Media after every game.
Deflection and excuses have become McGregor's hallmark with blaming the players now a new tangent that has backfired severely.
7. Special mention to the gutless media who helped perpetuate the myth that McGregor was a coach who knew what he was doing.
Soward is the only one that objectively pointed to the McGregor train wreck and for that we should all be grateful.
The rest are now jumping on the bandwagon that will probably mean the end of McGregor's tenure.
No objectivity and no journalistic integrity.
My biggest personal lament is 10 wasted years since the Bennet era and complete defilement of my enjoyment of the game as a diehard St. George supporter.
The ones responsible (it doesn't matter which faction they belong to) should be shown the door with McGregor.
Any new regime, however savvy and professional they are, will need years to re-establish us as a premiership force.
Not getting any younger.
Supporter since 1971.

Latest posts