What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
Even with the Broncos shitting the bed last night, there is not a team there I don't think could beat us... Sure, that may be a pretty negative way to look at it, but can you really blame me? We were terrible and rudderless last week.

And when we beat the Roosters and put 32 on Dragons? I don’t think I have seen Storm blow as many tries as they did last week either.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not sure our current team would have beaten Brisbane last night. And with a couple more to come back like TPJ I think they would test us.

When Cleary returns we too have a better side but I wouldn't say we are much better.

I agree Brisbane were incredibly poor last night, but against lesser sides than the Roosters and with Fifita, TPJ and a few others back they will be a much stronger proposition.

Kilkenny

Coach
Get tonight out the way, secure the two points, hopefully with no injuries to concern ourselves with, get Cleary back and see how we measure up against a sterner test in the Parramatta Eels.

While the Knights performance was far from what it should have been, I’m prepared to cut us some slack and look forward to a much better performance this evening particularly against a much inferior and depleted side in the Warriors.

John Hamblin

Juniors
ALL teams had the same break.... this is just an excuse, nothing more.

It didn't take long for the doomsdayers to come out. We didn't play well last week but are still undefeated, As Franklin 2323 says we still have a very good pack with more than adequate back ups. Our backs could not finish off the job last week but as others point out it was the first game back. Have some OPTIMISM negative thoughts create negative mindset. I'm sure the players and coaching staff are much more optimistic than some on this site.

Kilkenny

Coach
It didn't take long for the doomsdayers to come out. We didn't play well last week but are still undefeated, As Franklin 2323 says we still have a very good pack with more than adequate back ups. Our backs could not finish off the job last week but as others point out it was the first game back. Have some OPTIMISM negative thoughts create negative mindset. I'm sure the players and coaching staff are much more optimistic than some on this site.

I think the biggest issue, if we tend to over rate our roster and players.

I have a very good friend, who is impartial, but someone who has been involved in Rugby League at the highest levels and very knowledgeable. When I need a reality check about anything Panthers I get it from him and he brings me back to earth in a positive way.

The bottom line is, it is great we are undefeated, and probably should remain so after this evening, but I think we still have the same deficiencies we have had for the past five or six years since Hook first took over. A squad capable of finishing 5-7 is perform at our best and have a good run with injuries but not quite good enough to really challenge the competitions top four sides.

Kilkenny

Coach
When ever I need a little pick me up when we aren’t doing so well I just go on the Dragons forum for half an hour and I feel so much better and more optimistic.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think the biggest issue, if we tend to over rate our roster and players.

I have a very good friend, who is impartial, but someone who has been involved in Rugby League at the highest levels and very knowledgeable. When I need a reality check about anything Panthers I get it from him and he brings me back to earth in a positive way.

The bottom line is, it is great we are undefeated, and probably should remain so after this evening, but I think we still have the same deficiencies we have had for the past five or six years since Hook first took over. A squad capable of finishing 5-7 is perform at our best and have a good run with injuries but not quite good enough to really challenge the competitions top four sides.

Nothing about over rating it at all. Plenty of good signs over the early weeks. Still yet to see the number 1 spine yet. So no reason to say we can’t finish in the 8

A few teams like Souths that finished top 4 look worse. As Whino said Sharks and Broncos were lucky to make it last year and are worse this year.

So I don’t see much between 3 and 10 this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
When ever I need a little pick me up when we aren’t doing so well I just go on the Dragons forum for half an hour and I feel so much better and more optimistic.

That was my point with my comments. Plenty of teams worse off and our form since round 11 last year has been decent enough. Just get the attack going of course

Kilkenny

Coach
Nothing about over rating it at all. Plenty of good signs over the early weeks. Still yet to see the number 1 spine yet. So no reason to say we can’t finish in the 8

A few teams like Souths that finished top 4 look worse. As Whino said Sharks and Broncos were lucky to make it last year and are worse this year.

So I don’t see much between 3 and 10 this year.

I don’t disagree with any of the above. We can and probably will sneak into the top 8 but it will probably be sneaking into 6-8 position rather than making a positive statement in convincingly finishing top four and looking likely to get past week 1 of the finals. If ever there was an off season where we finally need to address to deficiencies in our roster then the up coming off season surely has to be the one where we finally recruit in areas where we need to strengthen.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t disagree with any of the above. We can and probably will sneak into the top 8 but it will probably be sneaking into 6-8 position rather than making a positive statement in convincingly finishing top four and looking likely to get past week 1 of the finals. If ever there was an off season where we finally need to address to deficiencies in our roster then the up coming off season surely has to be the one where we finally recruit in areas where we need to strengthen.

Depends on how our guys go. I still think Crichton will be a star so locking him down long term for me is more important than paying overs for a player by name only

franklin2323

Immortal
No 5 year deal thou, it is the Panthers kiss of death.

5 year deals never work. 3 years gives a chance to see how they develop but we are matching the top teams with points per game so far. So if it keeps going like this then we can lock up who we have and go for depth instead

Fangs

Coach

It's good for likes too. Just say Mary is a blady loser and you get like 8-9 every time.