What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

naturally gifted rugby league players for scoring tries, who you rate ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Russell Fairfax, especially before he broke his leg in an Amco Cup semi final in 1975. Still was pretty handy in 1976 and 77 but lost some of that special touch after the break.

gUt

Coach
Yeah Bowen has to be in the top 5 for this.

Lockyer was as naturally gifted as anyone, Fittler too.

M Offiah
G Schofield
E Hanley

Henderson Gill?

I’ve also got Jason Robinson in the best of the English I’ve seen.

Another was Joe Lydon, who played here. He scored a try in Oz I remember which was one of the longest and best individual tries I’ve seen and recognised at the time. But footage seemingly lost.

Loads of other YouTube footage I’ve found on Lydon I’ve seen though. An example...

Last edited:
Henderson Gill?

I’ve also got Jason Robinson in the best of the English I’ve seen.

Another was Joe Lydon, who played here. He scored a try in Oz I remember which was one of the longest and best individual tries I’ve seen and recognised at the time. But footage seemingly lost.

Loads of other YouTube footage I’ve found on Lydon I’ve seen though. An example...

Addendum - I’ve found it. Lydons individual try. #4 in this footage.

There’s loads of others against the Dragons sadly. But the #1 is worth waiting for.

aqua_duck

Coach
Definitely not Dane Gagai, he's in his 10th year of 1st grade and has only had 1 season of double digit tries

horrie hastings

First Grade

Here it is starting at the 9min 27sec mark, Shark Park, Easts came back from 4-14 down to win. Great game to be at.

Edit, just realised you had found it. I had this game on tape and transferred to disc years ago.

Here it is starting at the 9min 27sec mark, Shark Park, Easts came back from 4-14 down to win. Great game to be at.

Edit, just realised you had found it. I had this game on tape and transferred to disc years ago.

Cheers Horrie, what a cracking game. Salvatoris first grade debut and he was awesome. All sensational tries, and Lydons was just as amazing in slo-mo as in real time.

This game reminds me of another natural player who had a knack of finding the tryline..

Steve Morris.

And how good was the Week in League report! Full house at Henson Park.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Cheers Horrie, what a cracking game. Salvatoris first grade debut and he was awesome. All sensational tries, and Lydons was just as amazing in slo-mo as in real time.

This game reminds me of another natural player who had a knack of finding the tryline..

Steve Morris.

And how good was the Week in League report! Full house at Henson Park.

Yes Salvos first grade debut was a beauty, great try he scored to get Easts back into the game, couldnt believe David Smith converted Salvos try almost off the sideline then missed the conversion of Lydons try which would have given Easts the lead.

Yes about Steve Morris, found his niche on wing later in his career after playing half back . Was so happy when we signed Brett Morris because it meant he would finish his career at the Roosters , never imagined we would have Josh Morris either now so it looks like father both sons will finish their careers at the Roosters, all such champions and quality and respectful human beings, the Roosters are blessed to have had all 3 of them play for our team.

blue bags

First Grade
Brett Kenny
Eric Grothe Senior
Phil Blake
ET
Brandy Alexander
Nathan Blacklock
Matty Bowen
Timana Tahu
Brett Stewart
Jarryd Hayne
Semi Radradra
Tommy T

Some of my favs over the years.
fantastic hiney, give more queenlanders, some great try scorers, share the love

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Obviously Blacklock wins this, that's a no brainer.

But it's a bit criminal that Nathan Merritt hasn't been discussed further, he played in some of the shittest bunnies teams ever but still managed to score a bagful of tries.

Also let's not forget GI, very gifted.