What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Fri - Storm 22-8 Rabbitohs @ AAMI

Round 4: Storm v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
Good to get our groove on first of all

But f**k it’s hard to know where to fit these players
Paps and Hughes are both great fullbacks, but Hughes isn’t quit the halfback.
I think he’s got a decent And accurate chip game but His decision making isn’t that of a half (which is understandable)

might be rust - I hope so!
Sounds stressful

Drinkwater got injured if memory serves me correct and that allowed Papenhuyzen to leap frog him, I mean Papenhuyzen isn't exactly a dud
Yeah that is what happened but I just think it's surprisingly short sighted by Bellamy because Drinkwater looks like a complete player whereas Papenhuyzen seems to be a one trick pony. He's a fast ball runner only and offers zero impact when he hits the defence. Just find it intriguing that Bellamy didn't notice that is all.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah that is what happened but I just think it's surprisingly short sighted by Bellamy because Drinkwater looks like a complete player whereas Papenhuyzen seems to be a one trick pony. He's a fast ball runner only and offers zero impact when he hits the defence. Just find it intriguing that Bellamy didn't notice that is all.
Whilst drinkwater is a more complete player he's not elite in any facet whilst Papenhuyzen has elite speed. I think had the storm known Croft was leaving they probably would've move Drinkwater into the 7

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Here is a key difference that I noted between the teams, specifically the fullbacks. Early in the second half Souffs get a BS penalty and Reynolds kicks for touch. Most defending teams would assume the ball was going over but Ryan Papenhuyzen is paying attention and athletically hurls himself over the sideline to bat the ball back into Storm possession. a huge turning point due to alertness and always being in the game.
Then late in the second half Josh Addo-Carr is racing down the sideline, Latrell comes across to cover him & JAC simply passes to Justin Olam who scores. As soon as the ball leaves JAC's hands Latrell visibly throws in the towel and projects an air of knowing the game is lost. He just stood there and gave up, was probably already making plans for what to do on the weekend.

big hit!

Bench
Souffs had three of the dodgiest calls ever go their way. And then each time they coughed up the ball right away. Karma.

f**k this karma bullshit. rabbitohs couldn't make these opportunities count. that's the difference between teams that win and teams that lose. like Easts converting two contentious rulings in the GF. not this Hindu/buddhist religion shit.

big hit!

Bench
Good to get our groove on first of all

But f**k it’s hard to know where to fit these players
Paps and Hughes are both great fullbacks, but Hughes isn’t quit the halfback.
I think he’s got a decent And accurate chip game but His decision making isn’t that of a half (which is understandable)

might be rust - I hope so!

i wouldn't say Melbourne got their groove on. they were woeful in good ball. really miss an organiser. munster isn't one.

but f**k me, he is the ONE! took advantage of tardiness around the souths ruck twice. and when he sees space, he'll make more metres after first contact. so athletic and powerful.

you just knew souths aren't yet there with their defence after the first try. to get beat like that on the short side just because merkins couldn't count and number up is a sign of a team where the coaches have a bit to work on.

Saxon

Bench

A significant problem with Drinkwater from Bellamy's perspective was that the moment he got leapfrogged he started asking for a release so he could play first grade somewhere else.That doesn't smack of commitment from a young player, especially when you have someone like Brandon Smith who is happy to play out of his preferred position for years to a) learn from the best and b) make the position he wants his own.

Latest posts