What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Sat - Eels 19-16 Sea Eagles @ Bankwest

Round 4: Eels v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t-ba

Post Whore
Until that signed dud(Levi) it was between Cust & Croker...

Unfortunately Courts more than likely wont return to be late in the year, so no Fainu

Des is stubborn unfortunately. He'll probably get a few more weeks. Sigh.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Has to be tech, even though that'd inevitably create more whinging from plenty of fans. The rules say one thing but it seems the refs as humans cannot judge it correctly with their eyes in real time.

You see balls like that ruled forward all the time in try scoring moves mostly because they've thrown it flat. If it was a spiral it probably wouldn't be an issue because it wouldn't float as much

I'd be in favour of tech being applied but probably in limited circumstances (e.g. only when there is clear vision from a side on angle). In practice that would mean typically trys scored close to the sideline.

I think any use beyond that would open a can of worms and too much whinging.

SDM

First Grade
Does anyone else reckons that Mahoney looks like the kind of bloke that will get cockeyed drunk at a pub, try to fight the smallest bloke he can find, pee on himself and pass out in the car park behind the bins with vomit on his shirt by 10pm?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Just me?
No. But Gutho’s new do makes him look like Butthead.

Apey

Staff member
I feel for the refs on this one.. I'd bet that 90% of people seeing that in fast motion would declare it was forward.

What's the solution to what has eternally be an issue?

Forward passes are difficult to rule on. Do we introduce video decisions on forward passes in try scoring situations (perhaps player challenges on it)?

Pretty clear it was backward based on review.

Yeah, it was a bad call at the worst possible time but it's more forgivable than the two tries that were given the green light by the bunker.

I'd be in favour of tech being applied but probably in limited circumstances (e.g. only when there is clear vision from a side on angle). In practice that would mean typically trys scored close to the sideline.

I think any use beyond that would open a can of worms and too much whinging.

I'm no tech geek, but surely there is the ability to implant something in the balls to judge the direction or angle of motion?

What’s physics got to do with simple geometry...

Ball released 21m out, ball caught on 20m line.

In what universe do you live in where that ball doesn’t go forward...

Doesn’t matter if it’s “backwards out of the hands” or not....

It's suprising just how many people I've come across in real life who think this - lol.

Watch this

my argument isn’t about a legitimate pass or not... it’s that the ball went forward... it did. Simple as that.

The harder thing is for a ref to rule backwards out of the hands or not - and that Tom got hit after releasing the ball - it emphasised where the ball travelled from and to.

It’s a tough call for a ref to make. But they made it.

T-Boon

Coach
Yeah, it was a bad call at the worst possible time but it's more forgivable than the two tries that were given the green light by the bunker.

All of the decisions were 50/50. Its cool. All is well. Relax.

Latest posts