What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 LU Dynasty League

Stonecutter

First Grade
Wait i just confused myself. I just need to know how many players to drop this year regardless of taxi spots.

kurt faulk

Coach
Sorry Kurt just to clarify, we will have a roster of 19 plus 2 taxi squad spots and 2 IR spots?

So we need to set 16 keepers, everyone gets 5 draft picks however if you choose to place one of those keepers into a taxi squad spot you get an extra draft pick for them, is that correct?

Yes. The extra 2 spots should be for the taxi squad. if you don't place the player on the taxi squad you won't get an extra pick.

kurt faulk

Coach
I assume we can also choose to just keep 14 and then we would also get the 7 draft picks?

i don't think it works that way. if the player isn't placed on taxi squad the extra draft pick doesn't come into play.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach
Wait i just confused myself. I just need to know how many players to drop this year regardless of taxi spots.

you can keep 16 players, as long as 2 of them are 2nd year players. then place 2 of those players on the taxi squad so you can get your 5 picks in the draft.

it's not an invitation to keep 16 players that have been in the league for 3+ years.

abpanther

Staff member
i don't think it works that way. if the player isn't placed on taxi squad the extra draft pick doesn't come into play.

Why not shouldn't you be able to just keep 14, draft 7 players and then stick 2 of them on your taxi squad giving you a roster of 19 + 2 on the tax squad?

kurt faulk

Coach
Why not shouldn't you be able to just keep 14, draft 7 players and then stick 2 of them on your taxi squad giving you a roster of 19 + 2 on the tax squad?

that's the way i thought it would work. i set 14 keepers but it still only showed 5 picks for me.

i think if you put 2 players on the taxi squad and set them as part of your 14 keepers you should get 7 picks.

abpanther

Staff member
now i understand why you were miffed about the keepers. you don't have any young guys to put on the taxi squad.

i did see aj brown on your roster. you can put him there to get an extra pick.

Yeah but then I just have to promote him anyway if I wanna play him

kurt faulk

Coach
Yeah but then I just have to promote him anyway if I wanna play him

I know but do it after you pick up a couple of rookies. We just implemented the taxi squad without much warning so once you pick up some rookies just swap them over.

Now there is a taxi squad in place we can target certain rookies we like that aren't ready and just leave them there without clogging up our rosters.

kurt faulk

Coach

@dazzelx and @Skeletor nowhere to be seen. skeletor actually went missing in action early december last year. so he wasn't even active when he was in the playoffs.

any ideas? dazzelx may show up but it's looking less likely for skeletor.

how long do we wait?

kurt faulk

Coach

we have @abpanther s mate on the waiting list if he's still interested.

but when do i pull the trigger? do i give these other guys a couple more weeks? 1 week?