What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Sat - Eels 19-16 Sea Eagles @ Bankwest

Round 4: Eels v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
This should be the rule, but it's not.

Why should it be the rule. The panthers scored a nice try last night where Mansour scored in the corner. The pass from Burton (i think) to Kikau and Kikaus final pass all had the receiving player catch the ball about where the ball was passed from. What would the game gain by passes like that being called forward

The_Frog

First Grade
Why should it be the rule.
Easier to make the correct call. As it stands you have to take into account the wind, the movement of the player passing, whatever spin is put on the ball, and goodness knows what else. You can't tell from the direction of the hands looking at replays because you don't know the exact direction the player was facing. I'm not even sure how Annesley managed to come up with a decision on this, but if he can, why can't the bunker?

mave

Coach
Look the pass went forward and was ruled forward what else do you want. This isn't bush week.

I'm a stickler for, you know, the rules of the game ?
Im all for innovative rule changes, but the officials need to adjudicate on the rules, as they stand today.

Valheru

Coach
Easier to make the correct call. As it stands you have to take into account the wind, the movement of the player passing, whatever spin is put on the ball, and goodness knows what else. You can't tell from the direction of the hands looking at replays because you don't know the exact direction the player was facing. I'm not even sure how Annesley managed to come up with a decision on this, but if he can, why can't the bunker?

On a serious note, why has your account been rebooted?

You have been around forever

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah, it was a bad call at the worst possible time but it's more forgivable than the two tries that were given the green light by the bunker.
If only that forward pass could have been sent to the bunker, they might have got that one wrong as well.

firechild

First Grade
This could be a blessing in disguise. Manly will take a lot from the game and come out better for it. The Parra scum will get a false sense of confidence and get belted in the next couple of weeks and ultimately bow out of the season barely firing a legitimate shot.

T-Boon

Coach
We should just agree that if the ball goes forward you are asking for trouble. If the ball is caught 2 metres in front of where it was passed the ref should see irrefutable evidence that it went backwards. I insist that people need to settle down. Listen to reason and so on.
By the way, Annesley is crazy.

T-Boon

Coach
This could be a blessing in disguise. Manly will take a lot from the game and come out better for it. The Parra scum will get a false sense of confidence and get belted in the next couple of weeks and ultimately bow out of the season barely firing a legitimate shot.

Parra all agree that we were pretty bad and we only won because Manly are stupid idiots. I hope Jamie Lyon is crying in his pig soup with his inbred children screaming in the background.