What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Dibs

Bench
Gutho is overplaying is hand. Seen it a couple times, there was ample opportunities for reed and gutho basically shouldered him out of the way. Captain or not, he shouldn’t be doing that.
I’m assuming this is the coaches tactic or if it wasn’t and he didn’t like it he would put a stop to it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Korisau is at another level. But Rheed has time to develop. At 22 Korisau was not even a regular nrl player.
But at the moment he is superior.The amount of times he earns a penalty catching markers offside or gains an easy 20mtrs.Je creates havoc and he also gets the forwards going better.

Rheed is a handy tough hooker. But he will need to run from dummy half more and increase support play. It adds another weapon in attack. I don't recall Rheed catching markers offside. This is a must. PJ Marsh was also a brilliant support player. His defense was hard as a rock and he was dangerous around the ruck. Peats now is playing terrible. But at Parra he was amazing. Mahoney isn't that level yet. Peats was regularly in our top 3 or 4 players or MOM.
Mahoney is solid most games but rarely is he the point of difference.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the fact we had a broken down De gois and Cam King at Hooker has also made Rheed seem like a huge upgrade.

strider

Post Whore
Hooker power rankings ...

Hodgson
Smith
Cook
Korisau
others

Reed isn't elite but he is very good and has heaps of potential ... his character and potential leadership is a massive upside which can be just as important to a team as actual onfield play making

strider

Post Whore
Hooker power rankings ...

Hodgson
Smith
Cook
Korisau
others

Reed isn't elite but he is very good and has heaps of potential ... his character and potential leadership is a massive upside which can be just as important to a team as actual onfield play making
Updated rankings ... Hodgson is playing like a busted arse, he's out of the top 4

Reed
Smith
Cook
Api
Hodgson

Soto

Bench
I’m assuming this is the coaches tactic or if it wasn’t and he didn’t like it he would put a stop to it.
Agree i think its the coach's tactic.
Definitely would like to see Reed run more particularly when there is one marker. There were quite a few opportunities last night.
Gutho probably knows Reed won't run so that's why he does it.
If Stone is not selected in the 17 who is the backup hooker? N Brown, D Brown?
I reckon Jai Field with his blistering speed may be a good choice for 5 mins per half. He can also play anywhere in the backs and probably better suited as back up hooker than Taka. Other option could be Salmon.
I'd like to see Taka take the field if selected in the 17. Has a good step, offload and can ball play. Yes he is good for a brain fart sometimes but a fresh player in the last 10 surely is better than a tiring set of players.
Could be part of the master plan to have the top 15 or 16 supremely fit for later on in the year.
Go you mighty Eels

Enakeel

Juniors
Gutho is overplaying is hand. Seen it a couple times, there was ample opportunities for reed and gutho basically shouldered him out of the way. Captain or not, he shouldn’t be doing that.
Yep said this to my mates while watching it. Sometimes it works out but 9/10 times it fizzes and he gets no where and stuns the attack. He needs to get out of it so reed can play to his potential

Latest posts