What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Raiders @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Raiders v Knights

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
Sooking because I'm happy with an unexpected win? It's not unreasonable to be braced for a loss against a premiership favourite after our huge effort last week. I'm delighted, lol.
My bad. I re-read it, wasn’t as bad as I first saw it.

We as fans have to believe in them. It’s a different team than the last decade or so. Bad patches will happen.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I woke up thinking we'd be down by 16 or 20, so it was a pleasant surprise to see that 16-6 scoreline and come out to catch two quick tries in the second half.

I had my concerns when we leaked back to back tries, but the discipline and commitment that came after that flurry was just a sight to behold. Aiden must be gutted at bombing that try, but we knuckled down and won it the hard way - forwards bashing up the middle, Pearce controlling things with his kicks, and tight defense.

Beast's match-winner was just the icing on the cake.

slotmachine

First Grade
Other than the sloppy errors from Sione and mann leading to Raiders points we were outstanding.

Could have had another few tries from Jones and Guerra too.

perverse

Referee
Just hope we can somehow re-sign Herman and Jake saifiti
I'd cop losing Herman and moving Barny to lock to get Friz in there if that's what it costs. Not to take anything from Herman, when he's playing well he's fantastic too... but I think it's acceptable if required.

Gotta keep the Saifitis together.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’m also looking forward to having Barny and Fitzy available but Sione and Guerra have been outstanding, especially defensively.

I really hope social distancing rules ease up so we can get crowds back at the footy. Even though I’m from Brissy and couldn’t get in on it, it would be such a reward for the team and the supporters to be able to attend a packed game in Newcastle again with the way this team is going.

Johns Magic

Referee
I’m also looking forward to having Barny and Fitzy available but Sione and Guerra have been outstanding, especially defensively.

I think Sione has been great but workrate/attacking class is a bit behind Barny/Fitzy. In saying that he makes some great tackles and hits like a cannonball at the moment.

Guerra trying hard but on borrowed time I think. Not sure he has much left in the tank and he can come up with some feeble defensive efforts when knackered which I think could be costly in a big game.

Full points for effort and doing a job. That is what being part of a successful squad is all about. But I think we turn a weakness into a strength when the starters come back.

Frederick

Staff member
Great game.

Looking forward to having Barnett and Fitzy back in the second-row.
Agreed.

Credit to Guerra, he's tackled himself to a standstill, but he's the slowest one out there by a country mile. Plus he should've shut papalii down

Gentlemen, this team has arrived. Unlike the Roosters match last year, this Canberra side was at full strength and has no excuses. The way we played is enough for me to suggest that this isn't another false dawn. We deserve a some luck on the injury and suspension front and if we get it, we'll give it a shake.

I have no room in the 17 for Fitzgibbon.