What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Banjo2014

Juniors
Here, the liquor ban was "OFFICIALLY" lifted and three days ago I bought 2 bottles of Empress Whisky at 246 pesos or $5 each

I've had the worst hangover ever in my life - thought my kidneys had failed, my liver was gone, my pancreas was not secreting enzymes and the two little pimples on my bald spot was diagnosed by my 6 year old son as cancerous.

Really don't know what is worse at the moment - the hangover or McGregor's coaching.

NO MORE WHISKY AND NO MORE MCGREGOR THAT'S MY THEORY.

Last edited:

ChocOConnor

Juniors
So there is proof in the pudding of what a good coach can do for a club. I’m not saying O’Brien Is the best thing but the knights players and there plays are a world apart from ours. You can’t tell me other than Ponga they have a better squad. This bloke is blooding kids giving them confidence go out and perform and let’s see how things go. Where as the moron wee have as a coach would pick a Lafai over that Best kid. It’s not hard to create confidence and allowing a young kid to do what he did at the local park which got him to first grade. But no hit it up I say and kick. I don’t want the ball to pass to any centre or winger would be the instructions McMoron would tell

Banjo2014

Juniors
Wow what a round ......

Broncos get beat by 59 - couldn't happen to a better club
Manly get beat by a forward pass - couldn't happen to a better club
Titans beat Balmain - off the bottom of the table

Foran returns from injury just in time for our game
Townsend and Fafita available for our game next week

Saints play Canterbury for last spot.

McGregor gone - could it happen

Last edited:

Heavy D

Juniors
Wayne Bennett. What a coach he was. I felt confident that Saints would win every game, when he was there (minus the fade after he announced he was leaving). He coached my beloved footy team to the 1 premiership of my lifetime. That was the best day/night of my life. He decided to leave.

The way I remember Coach Steve Price, (and I have had to resort to many many alcohols to self medicate the last 10 yrs of dragons footy, so I could be way off) he had a good footy brain, but lacked the confidence at the time to fully control what he needed, to be successful (man management). He tried to be a mate to the players, then tried to use some discipline to gain some power (eg Soward), but in the end he failed. The team list was much weaker than it is now, as it was to the premiership team just prior to his appointment. By the time his sacking came, I thought ok, unfortunate, but this needed to happen to my beloved footy team, this is a critical chance now to right the ship.

Then, it was announced MARY was the coach, and instantly, my brain was flooded with thoughts of, OH NO!!!!!!!!!! He brought the confidence that Price appeared to lack, but other than that, I couldn't think of a reason why he would be a good appointment, footy wise. As the attacking coach, our attack was woeful, as reserve grade coach, very disappointing... It is only a game to some, but the tidal waves of despair crashing into me made me feel nothing but doom toward my beloved footy team. Sadly, this feeling has become a horrific, never-ending nightmare.

He has had some early season success based on playing it safe, in an unsustainable way, against rusty/ newly forming teams, but nothing even close to warrant keeping his position, let alone repeated renewals... It truly breaks my heart that this club is satisfied aiming to merely break into the finals to give themselves an outside chance, rather than aiming for the top. How can I encourage my children to support this depression inducing club? How could I want them to feel the misery that watching the Saints play brings? I am 40, and have seen 1 premiership, and don't think I will see another in my lifetime. The board is content as is? No ambition? My beloved footy team is drowning.

getsmarty

Immortal
r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

WepnutV

Juniors
We need a complete overhaul.. Keep lomax and offer somtheing decent for saab and ahh maybe vaughn aswell. Evry one else. Mary, flannigan, sims bros, hunt, norman, graham, and all the outher duds, the bloody the lot off them.. Fill the team with local jrs and a signing or two to add experience.. Then offer nathan brown with a 2 year contract.. That will give us two years to find a good tactical coach to take us to the next level

Last edited:

possm

Coach
If Mary is sacked, Dean Young is not the answer for the interim coach positon. We all know what will follow; a five year extension.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We need a complete overhaul.. Keep lomax and offer somtheing decent for saab and ahh maybe vaughn aswell. Evry one else. Mary, flannigan, sims bros, hunt, norman, graham, and all the outher duds, the bloody the lot off them.. Fill the team with local jrs and a signing or two to add experience.. Then offer nathan brown with a 2 year contract.. That will give us two years to find a good tactical coach to take us to the next level

Nathan Brown??- another failed old boy

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Just get rid of him easy but everyone from the board down only interested in looking after themselves.

The upside of WIN Corp buying out the Steelers was getting the Gordons with a personal fortune of some $700 million- the downside seems to be that the Gordons are media players and investors who made their money by being frugal and don't want to spend it- particularly on fixing a coaching mistake of their making. Dilemma!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I wonder how many saints supporters there are in Australia/NZ? If we all crowdfunded and threw in anywhere from $10-50 I wonder if that would go close to paying out the contract? More valuable than a membership.

The reports I"ve read is that Mary has been a protected species during Covid 19- while other head coaches, including Bellamy, have taken pay cuts, he's continued to receive his full contract. No sympathy- or money-from me.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The reports I"ve read is that Mary has been a protected species during Covid 19- while other head coaches, including Bellamy, have taken pay cuts, he's continued to receive his full contract. No sympathy- or money-from me.
I don’t give a shot about him I just care about the club, if $10 got my club where it should be I’d do it.

Latest posts