What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
I’m not sure why the love for Browny is a little frosty on here. Under his coaching our style of play was always good to watch, young kids were given a good crack in their right position and we were always competitive.
What more can you ask for on a week to week basis??

getsmarty

Immortal
I’m not sure why the love for Browny is a little frosty on here. Under his coaching our style of play was always good to watch, young kids were given a good crack in their right position and we were always competitive.

A Decent coach..and at this stage I'd take anyone....Ronald mcDonald would do a better job.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that the Club is in such a mess that McGregor should be sacked after today's game and Brown installed for the next 18 months. If he does well he could be reappointed for another two year's. Hopefully
Brown has grown wiser and will at least have his 50% success rate as opposed to Mc Gregor's 46% success rate. If this move is not made the Dragons will probably never recover due to the unrest of the current playing roster
and the need to recruit quality players which is difficult if a struggling coach can not sign and resign competent players. A success rate of 28% for 2019 and 0% for 2020 should not be tolerated by the Joint Venture Board.

RedVee

First Grade
Brown would be great for rebuilding the team then getting out, just like at Newcastle. He’d have to work on getting respect back to start with.

He should really take over Basils pathways role - or at least have that role report to him.

ultimately though I’d want a coach Bennett / Fitzgibbon / someone! With Brown running the player production line.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
That's what I was told....BUT...things change....Young would be a cheap stop gap option....only problem being they would probably keep him on....If they want an old boy...I'd go for Fitzgibbon....Offer him a good contract...unfortunately can't see that happening.

Agree.
Having Young as 'interim' has some ramifications and the great 'what if' comes into play.

What if we start winning games under Young and play good footy?
What if we dont? Do we replace the replacee and who with, considering they would be deemed as second choice?

RedVDave

First Grade

I think it's he just has a few old habits that have yet to die. His team always starts off very slowly, his obsession with turning flashy players into 5/8's. But I would take him back short term outside of Paul Langmack I'd take pretty much anyone over our current peanut.

Dragons 09

Juniors
No, just NO to any old boy. No Brown, no Young, no Barrett, no Ryles, no Fitsgibbon, no Hornby, no Head, no more freaking inbred's whatsoever. The only bloke to win us a premiership in the last 50 years was an outsider who did things his way, surely that tells us something. We need a clean slate and an experienced outsider who is not a puppet to the trough dwelling numpties. Anything less and and we effectively have Craig Young, Andrew Gordon and the likes calling the shots.....we know how that ends, why the f**kc would we go there again!

Gomarchin

Juniors
Anyone who thinks Brown or Barrett should take over only need to look at Manly and Newcastle.

Both teams have gone to the next level under experienced coaches.

We need an experienced outsider to take over. Period the end.

We haven't had any success since Bennett left, so aren't we due?? Taking an old boy now is just doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result.

Definition of Dragons management.

Anyone who thinks Brown or Barrett should take over only need to look at Manly and Newcastle.

Both teams have gone to the next level under experienced coaches.

We need an experienced outsider to take over. Period the end.

We haven't had any success since Bennett left, so aren't we due?? Taking an old boy now is just doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result.

Definition of Dragons management.
Newcastle has a rookie coach yeah?

Latest posts