What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty to Titans

Dragonsamy

Bench
I was good enough.

Chose my career though and have no regret.

No you were not .
Glad you have a career that's going well.
There is people on this forum ( not me of course) , who have played at the highest level, and they don't bag people .
Any rate keep living your first grade dream though Euan, while you can

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I have always wanted Dufty to succeed. Without him there is just no hint of speed in the team. I could even forgive him the spilt grubber last week that got us off on the wrong foot. That can happen to almost anyone except perhaps the very best. However I am less forgiving about the bomb he allowed to bounce. In the end that didn't cost us but after 50 games in the NRL that bomb was Dufty's to catch or spill. I had hoped we would never see that again after big Dell allowed a bomb to bounce vs the Eels back in the first week of the playoffs in 2009 but it has been a negative feature of Dufty's game that has remained too long. I learnt back in my youth with a cricket ball just what ground you can make to a catch if you don't hesitate and keep your eye on the ball. I understand that Mary would be incapable of help but why an assistant like Ben Hornby could not teach this to Dufty I do not know. Last week Dufty made some good runs from the back but was pushed back a few times as well, one of the common causes of his criticism on the Forum.

I will be sorry if Dufty leaves, just like all the Dragon players I have supported over the years. I will understand it, given he was previously encouraged to look elsewhere. But like a number of other posters I will not be surprised if he produces his very best elsewhere.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I love Dufty but Ramsay is the future fullback fullstop commencing 2021 season if not starting later this year...could be anyhing within 1-2 years.. as for the rest of the backline...Saab he's a good kid and potentially a very good winger but gets injured quite often for whatever reason and if he goes well he goes.....

This could be the backline over the next 1-2 years albeit a very very inexperienced one.....but I think this backline has merit..
Ramsay
Fegai
Fegai or Williame
Lomax
Pereira

Hunt or Sailor
Clune
I’ll be very surprised if Sailor stays with us too long.

BLM01

First Grade
The premise, albeit a simplistic one, is exactly the same. Two parties mutually agree to terminate the contract and declare it void.
Maybe..but that could be any legal contract..real estate ones are more difficult and extremely rare to find a vendor agreeing to void an exchanged real estate contract as basically set up much tighter becuase of potential financial loss involved to either party.....only becuase you mentioned building / pest reports which in nearly all cases if required are done prior to signing a contract

_Johnsy

Referee
Maybe..but that could be any legal contract..real estate ones are more difficult and extremely rare to find a vendor agreeing to void an exchanged real estate contract as basically set up much tighter becuase of potential financial loss involved to either party.....only becuase you mentioned building / pest reports which in nearly all cases if required are done prior to signing a contract

Weird, in my experience (QLD & NSW) I have never had one completed before signing a contract, it has always been a clause contained within the contract.

possm

Coach
As already said by our brethren , should he go ( and really who can blame him ? ) the chances are very high indeed that he will cut our defense to pieces like a knife through butter .

But you know what , under a decent coach his obvious faults may be corrected ?
All Hail Mary ! All hail the Joint Venture board ! You gentlemen have done a magnificent job of totally dismantling our junior pathway system.
Millward is in charge of pathways!
All the money spent of juniors who then go to other clubs to succeed under a real coach.
It's a Mess!

possm

Coach
If he goes good luck to him.

I actually hope a few more go as well. We are already at rock bottom, and a total clean out is needed. 2020 is a spoon challenge, as will be 2021.

Players will be attracted to the Club if they see real and tangible leadership. There are plenty of up and coming kids out there. Experienced players come of contract and break them at will The squad needs a re-build.

The board needs to act now. Not " if we lose the next few games ", and by act I mean payout the coach. In addition, they need to spell out a blueprint going forward.

No more " DNA" jardon, and " culture " crap. A rock solid detailed commitment that the issue is there and will be addressed. Take a loss for 2 seasons if need be. Give us a 2, 5 and 10 year plan. Tell us what the Club intends to do financially, its limitations, its goals.
I've been a big supporter of the Flanagan / Shephard coaching staff however, I do believe that now is the exact time we could do with Wayne Bennett for 2-3 years. He is the type of coach that could attract some decent talent to the Club and school our young up and coming juniors.

We need to fix the soft underbelly, bring pride back to the big red V, instill discipline into our players and responsibility into our leadership group. Yes, Bennett is the answer and the right man for the job right now.

redv13

Bench
I've been a big supporter of the Flanagan / Shephard coaching staff however, I do believe that now is the exact time we could do with Wayne Bennett for 2-3 years. He is the type of coach that could attract some decent talent to the Club and school our young up and coming juniors.

We need to fix the soft underbelly, bring pride back to the big red V, instill discipline into our players and responsibility into our leadership group. Yes, Bennett is the answer and the right man for the job right now.
Calm down possm, your going a million miles an hour. I’m sure there is some tasty news coming over the next couple of hours!!

possm

Coach
I have always wanted Dufty to succeed. Without him there is just no hint of speed in the team. I could even forgive him the spilt grubber last week that got us off on the wrong foot. That can happen to almost anyone except perhaps the very best. However I am less forgiving about the bomb he allowed to bounce. In the end that didn't cost us but after 50 games in the NRL that bomb was Dufty's to catch or spill. I had hoped we would never see that again after big Dell allowed a bomb to bounce vs the Eels back in the first week of the playoffs in 2009 but it has been a negative feature of Dufty's game that has remained too long. I learnt back in my youth with a cricket ball just what ground you can make to a catch if you don't hesitate and keep your eye on the ball. I understand that Mary would be incapable of help but why an assistant like Ben Hornby could not teach this to Dufty I do not know. Last week Dufty made some good runs from the back but was pushed back a few times as well, one of the common causes of his criticism on the Forum.

I will be sorry if Dufty leaves, just like all the Dragon players I have supported over the years. I will understand it, given he was previously encouraged to look elsewhere. But like a number of other posters I will not be surprised if he produces his very best elsewhere.
1. Ramsey
2. Sailor, Shiller and Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Williame and Feagai
5. Saab and Ravalawa
6. Hunt and Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Kerr and Blacker
9. McInnes and Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell and T Sims
12. Ford and Fuimaono
13. De Belin, McInnes, and Merrin

Pleanty of talent there for a good coach like Bennett to work with. Plus with the likes of Aitken, Lafai, Frizell, Dufty and hopefully Norman moving on at the end of 2020, we should have some cap left to buy some good first grade talent for Bennett or Fanagan to work with.

jargan83

Coach
No wonder Dufty looked happy during the telecast of yesterday's game.

He gets to escape McUseless

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Didn't they test his speed before signing him. Thought he is the gifted one what ever that means.
Brad Fittler named him that because he won a few junior blues games for him with clutch plays and field goals. He’s a talented guy, just needs some good coaching, game plan and some clean ball and we will see what he was saying. Hard for him to practice his draw and pass, step and flick pass when when every time he gets the ball it’s a hospital pass.

BLM01

First Grade
Weird, in my experience (QLD & NSW) I have never had one completed before signing a contract, it has always been a clause contained within the
Weird, in my experience (QLD & NSW) I have never had one completed before signing a contract, it has always been a clause contained within the contract.
If you say you know what you were talking about and how many would’ve been completed after the exchange and cooling off period expires of those contracts which is when it is becomes locked in with a date except for his something falls over prior to settlement
My point being even with a cooling off period expires with an NRL contract it is a lot easiet to get out of compare to a Real Estate contract

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
If you say you know what you were talking about and how many would’ve been completed after the exchange and cooling off period expires of those contracts which is when it is becomes locked in with a date except for his something falls over prior to settlement
My point being even with a cooling off period expires with an NRL contract it is a lot easiet to get out of compare to a Real Estate contract
The building & pest clause, exactly the same as a finance clause. That clause is built into a contract for that specific purpose.

I understand your point though. :thumbsup:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Brad Fittler named him that because he won a few junior blues games for him with clutch plays and field goals. He’s a talented guy, just needs some good coaching, game plan and some clean ball and we will see what he was saying. Hard for him to practice his draw and pass, step and flick pass when when every time he gets the ball it’s a hospital pass.
If they could practice one thing at training: Pass the ball to a player in a hole (not in the ground preferably).