What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

Baldys position is now untenable, the reserve grade coach has to take over
And yet the media lauded him for turning up to the 360 interview.
"I'm not quitting...no way".
That's one form of dismissal taken out of contention.
They will have to drag this guy out kicking and screaming....
No straight forward solution with Andrew in his corner.

jeffdragon

Bench
View attachment 38903

“ I got the boys to have areal dig today and we at least went 2 points up on our previous outings this year . So the improvement in the side is there for all to see . I am presently awaiting a call from Buuuuce who will offer me an extension for another 2 years . See ya all next week “
Reminds me of when price got the flick after dogs bt u s 38-6 and parra 36-0
Deja vu?

FlameThrower

Bench
NRL360 - at least called out that the Board attitude of dealing with this situation in a softly softly approach - is not working. Players, The Club and Coaching all need a massive shakeup. Where to from here I’m not sure - that’s the worry.

We are not prophets but most people on this forum could see this coming for years. Hope the board repent and do what is right.
Today's game just a continuation of the downward spiral.
Some media pals continue to kid the public that McGregor can coach.
Some of today's highlights:
1. Hunt kicking game truly puzzling - kicked down Hopoate's throat all day long with no pressure.
Canterbury back three made to look like superstars.
2. Ben Hunt caught in possession on the 5th tackle...again. Also threw an intercept for good measure.
3. Conceded 2 one on one strips.
4. Starved Clune of the ball for 2/3 of the game. Clune showed glimpses of what he was capable of when given a chance but all too late.
5. Conceded a penalty for overrunning the line drop out. Alexander commented "You just don't see that". Amateur hour...
6. Canterbury forwards schooled our pack today. Commitment, energy, passion on a different level.
7. Massive completion rate from the Dogs just a continuation of the Warriors record breaking run.
This adds up to our defence not being able to force errors.

While many observers have turned their attention to the players and Graham and McGregor insisting that the players are behind the coach 100 percent, there is a big question mark over the objectivity and truth in those assurances.
Nothing in the last 2 games support what the mouthpieces are spruiking.
Both Teams we play next were winners this weekend.
Not much to look forward to I'm afraid.

Last edited:

glass_canoe

Juniors
Forget sack McGregor; too little, too late.

Commentators have said you can't just blame the coach. And if you read between the lines on Buzz and Gould's articles today and yesterday, they said the problem was bigger than the coach, but it was the club.

And Kenty on 360 tonight said the fans know more than the people running the club.

It is time for the club to do what it is best for all of us and open up the club to full democratisation.

When you buy a membership, you buy a share, and you buy a vote.

They keep telling us we are the most passionate fans in league, let's put it to use - and let's stop this division that exists between ownership/directorship and fans.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
My 2 cents. To show how useless Mary is. The bald merkin Brings in McClune at halfback. McClune didn’t touch the ball once. The dogs must have been licking their lips as all the attack went through hunt. Easy to defend against. And while I’m at it, that cat Norman is too scared to catch a contested highball.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Samy,
There has been much talk on here about Mary's mates on the Board. If this is true it is time for them to be responsible and pressure him to step down with a deal that pays out this year's salary only. Tell him for the good of the club he must vacate the coach's box and leave his 2021 salary for his successor.

Couldn't agree more Steve. Just saw him on the Channel 7 news Mary that is so he will never quit. The board have to set him.
But I don't think the boy's Club have the guts to do so.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Sorry I watched that because I thought I was a Tiger.
How the hell can they fix that shit.
Drop Graham and Hunt for a start and maybe Pereira only for a couple of stupid things. Put Norman back to the halves give Adam Clunes another go but we then have lightweight halves. Don't know if the Dragons have any large playmakers that's what's needed (find one to fill a space). Is Sailor bigger than Norman. Bring Dufty back for his speed even Norman was ragdolled so what's that matter. Bring Saab in to make him happy and replace Pereira. Bring in some young enthusiastic forwards maybe drop Blake Lawrie add Host or Jackson Ford. Time to start a rebuild.
Training well how about practice how to our runners thru a gap and build pressure on the fifth.