What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

qld redvee

Juniors
McGregor says I’m not a quitter, the players back me. Grow a set you knob and quit, be honourable walk away you are incompetent.
Hewi
Especially if he really is so proud of the club etc etc . If he truly does put the club first then surely he says i just cant get the results so I will resign -- Im sure a nice little payout could be arranged as a sweetener .
But this just shows his arrogance as he must feel its not his fault

glass_canoe

Juniors
Forget sack McGregor; too little, too late.

Commentators have said you can't just blame the coach. And if you read between the lines on Buzz and Gould's articles today and yesterday, they said the problem was bigger than the coach, but it was the club.

And Kenty on 360 tonight said the fans know more than the people running the club.

It is time for the club to do what it is best for all of us and open up the club to full democratisation.

When you buy a membership, you buy a share, and you buy a vote.

They keep telling us we are the most passionate fans in league, let's put it to use - and let's stop this division that exists between ownership/directorship and fans.

Thanks for burying this, Mods. Shove it up your arses.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Couldn't agree more Steve. Just saw him on the Channel 7 news Mary that is so he will never quit. The board have to set him.
But I don't think the boy's Club have the guts to do so.
Why would the prick quit when he gets paid 800k to do a half assed job? If the merkin manages to win 3 out of the next 10 games, he’ll be extended for another 5 f**king years? I wouldn’t quit either

qld redvee

Juniors
Cant see how Merrin was any better than korbin simms last week
Also I figured that when Luke came on Mcinness would drop back to lock ... How does this make it easier for mcinness .. old supercoach stated that luke would enable mcinness to get his running game back --- so cam still gets to tackle his ring out and also take the odd settler up as well - that really freshed him up -- And luke made 1 or was it 2 runs from dummy half so didnt do anything like injecting pace or anything that supercoach was sprouting .. Let Luke go up to the Broncos and give his spot to Brittain .. And both vaughan and Kerr come back with 20 to go where we got a bit of go forward
But too long with Merrin Lawrie Luke - we need a larger unit on the bench for rotation
BUT at least supercoach's bench strategy was vindicated as Aitken had to come on due to williame injury .. thats why he wont resign because he is so smart
What changes can he make for next week as he is once again re arranging the deck chairs

jeffdragon

Bench
Thanks for burying this, Mods. Shove it up your arses.
Yes my thread started about wishes for the rest of the year.disappeared
I don't know how to contact the moderator.
I would like to know why.
Considering there is a lot of rubbish on other threads.
I agree thanks for nothing.

TruSaint

Referee
Why would the prick quit when he gets paid 800k to do a half assed job? If the merkin manages to win 3 out of the next 10 games, he’ll be extended for another 5 f**king years? I wouldn’t quit either

Its not on him to quit. You are right.

The board should act NOW, and both sides of the JV pay him out. No BS. He has a contract with no performance conditions. Pay it in full and move on.

Penny wise Pound stupid.

jeffdragon

Bench
Cant see how Merrin was any better than korbin simms last week
Also I figured that when Luke came on Mcinness would drop back to lock ... How does this make it easier for mcinness .. old supercoach stated that luke would enable mcinness to get his running game back --- so cam still gets to tackle his ring out and also take the odd settler up as well - that really freshed him up -- And luke made 1 or was it 2 runs from dummy half so didnt do anything like injecting pace or anything that supercoach was sprouting .. Let Luke go up to the Broncos and give his spot to Brittain .. And both vaughan and Kerr come back with 20 to go where we got a bit of go forward
But too long with Merrin Lawrie Luke - we need a larger unit on the bench for rotation
BUT at least supercoach's bench strategy was vindicated as Aitken had to come on due to williame injury .. thats why he wont resign because he is so smart
What changes can he make for next week as he is once again re arranging the deck chairs
Aitken, rava,tariq Sims.Graham. Vaughan, friz can all go now.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All yes very disappointing.

- our forwards were totally dominated by Dogs tonight.
- In fairness, It is hard for our halves to do much when no go forward. Adam Clune has dash and threw good passes.
- we don’t offload, so that makes us predictable. When Jordan P almost scored it came on the back of off loading.
- Our wingers are comparatively slow. The club does not recruit speedsters. A fast NRL winger ( ie Nene ) would have scored the Jordan P miss. BTW Ben Hunt’s pass to put Jordan P in the clear was readily catchable.
- I have never been impressed by the unremarkable Zac Lomax. He tried very hard tonight and actually bumped past a Dog’s forward but if you don’t have it in the big time NRL that’s it. Poor read by Zac in defence for dogs second try (which Aiken is constantly criticised for.) Zac’s lack of dash makes us pedestrian through the centres. Tough he is signed for 5 or 6 years on big coin.
- The club seems to have a liking for very long term contracts and pay way over a players worth. With Ben and Zac this will hang on our cap for many years.
- Cam McInnes played very well. Lion hearted player. Paul Vaughan tried hard and Norman made ground. Jordan P gives it his all but we need speed.
- Friz seems to be going through the motions. He is probably past his best and thinking of where he will live in Newcastle.
- Our fastest player was ironically the ball boy.
Best wishes Everyone it is sad

jeffdragon

Bench
I said earlier in the week on this thread I was hoping against hope.
But no confidence, the Dragons didn't let me done.
I was spit on

possm

Coach
Hewi
Especially if he really is so proud of the club etc etc . If he truly does put the club first then surely he says i just cant get the results so I will resign -- Im sure a nice little payout could be arranged as a sweetener .
But this just shows his arrogance as he must feel its not his fault
Mary wants a nice big payout.

jeffdragon

Bench
Hi All yes very disappointing.

- our forwards were totally dominated by Dogs tonight.
- In fairness, It is hard for our halves to do much when no go forward. Adam Clune has dash and threw good passes.
- we don’t offload, so that makes us predictable. When Jordan P almost scored it came on the back of off loading.
- Our wingers are comparatively slow. The club does not recruit speedsters. A fast NRL winger ( ie Nene ) would have scored the Jordan P miss. BTW Ben Hunt’s pass to put Jordan P in the clear was readily catchable.
- I have never been impressed by the unremarkable Zac Lomax. He tried very hard tonight and actually bumped past a Dog’s forward but if you don’t have it in the big time NRL that’s it. Poor read by Zac in defence for dogs second try (which Aiken is constantly criticised for.) Zac’s lack of dash makes us pedestrian through the centres. Tough he is signed for 5 or 6 years on big coin.
- The club seems to have a liking for very long term contracts and pay way over a players worth. With Ben and Zac this will hang on our cap for many years.
- Ca

m McInnes played very well. Lion hearted player. Paul Vaughan tried hard and Norman made ground. Jordan P gives it his all but we need speed.
- Friz seems to be going through the motions. He is probably past his best and thinking of where he will live in Newcastle.
- Our fastest player was ironically the ball boy.
Best wishes Everyone it is sad
Lomax tried hard.
Why do we get the poor Fijian wingers?
I would be nice if we didn't make 100 more tackles than t be other team
I thought if we got behind we'd struggle.
We need to score the 1st try
1 would b good.

qld redvee

Juniors
He actually said on nrl 360, that he hasn't had the same team on the park since that famous Broncos finals game, when grilled. What a clown
Mick
Mcdonald au mau mann jdb - missing from roster after this game and lucky widdop latimore moved on from 2019
So of course he hasnt had the same squad as people get moved on or retire or ask for a release
Obviously he is saying that JDB is the missing ingredient to all this ..
Makes it so obvious now that mcinness and JDB were the defenders in the team and 'held " it together now mcinness cant do it on his own and mary hasnt got any idea how to overcome this

Latest posts