What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluey

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
May be appealing to a small crowd here. The TV is normally locked onto ABC kids in the arvo and is usually just white noise to me but just recently it is the only thing that will get my young bloke to sit still for 10 minutes so by proxy I love it.

Its only a 10 minute cartoon but it's bloody good animation and has some good lessons for the little ones. Aussie too fwiw.

Who's with me

Highly disappointed after reading the thread title, then seeing it wasn't about the 1976 TV series starring Lucky Grills, later earning a cult following during The Late Show series in the early 90's..

And does anyone recognize the theme music.......?

bluey-tv-series-d5ea7c36-132b-42e9-a4d9-84a1e7bbae4-resize-750.jpeg

So its an australian chief wiggum?

Oh it's so much, much more...

I possibly am guilty of hijacking the thread with my original post.. but

The original Bluey was a typical cop show with all the un-PC elements of whitebread, beer-swilling,1970's male Australiana with all the stereotypes you can think of. And Bargearse was a dubbed comedy script over the original from the late show team in the 90's.

If you have a spar half-hour, feel free to enlighten yourself. Best watched after at least 6 beers... I give you the full series of Bargearse..

grouch

First Grade
May be appealing to a small crowd here. The TV is normally locked onto ABC kids in the arvo and is usually just white noise to me but just recently it is the only thing that will get my young bloke to sit still for 10 minutes so by proxy I love it.

Its only a 10 minute cartoon but it's bloody good animation and has some good lessons for the little ones. Aussie too fwiw.

Who's with me
Back on topic.. yes I am with you. Brilliant, funny, entertaining little show

Bonus joy: it has the occasional rugby league element!

roofromoz

First Grade
Oh it's so much, much more...

I possibly am guilty of hijacking the thread with my original post.. but

The original Bluey was a typical cop show with all the un-PC elements of whitebread, beer-swilling,1970's male Australiana with all the stereotypes you can think of. And Bargearse was a dubbed comedy script over the original from the late show team in the 90's.

If you have a spar half-hour, feel free to enlighten yourself. Best watched after at least 6 beers... I give you the full series of Bargearse..

Still stuck at this bloody level crossing.

Bargearse is a poor man's Hercules Returns to be honest.

Not seen H.R. But the D-Gen team (many of whom later went into the late show) were doing the dubbed comedy genre well before it came out. Matter of opinion but it'd take one hell of a movie for me to concur with your view.

bileduct

Coach
Not seen H.R. But the D-Gen team (many of whom later went into the late show) were doing the dubbed comedy genre well before it came out. Matter of opinion but it'd take one hell of a movie for me to concur with your view.
Des Mangan and Sally Patience were doing their Double Take live shows (which included Hercules Returns) before D-Generation was a show. Hercules Returns was later adapted from a live stage show to a theatrical production for cinema.

And shame on you for having not seen Hercules Returns. Here, now you have no excuse.

Des Mangan and Sally Patience were doing their Double Take live shows (which included Hercules Returns) before D-Generation was a show. Hercules Returns was later adapted from a live stage show to a theatrical production for cinema.

And shame on you for having not seen Hercules Returns. Here, now you have no excuse.

I’ll give it a whirl at some point and give you a review that Margaret Pomerantz would be proud of.

Tony Martin is a comedic genius. Held the Late Show together.

This is gold from him

Haha - I'd forgotten about this one. Great clip. Judith Lucy joined in the 2nd series from memory. I thought they were all brilliant, although Jason Stephens didn't really get much of a run as all the others did.