What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

I reckon Seibold goes before Mary.

Mary is just happy they got the two points today. The rest is merely white noise.

How to hold a press conference under the microscope.

Siebold vs McGregor.

Who did it better..

Siebold sounded like the pimply kid at Krusty Burger.

McGregor sounded like McGregor

It’s only a small win but I’ll take any win i can get at the moment.

MKCS

Juniors
Where is Nathan Brown at? Might be time to return to the club he spent 15 years at and save them.

Mary can go get a cushy office gig within the Dragons,

_Johnsy

Referee
How to hold a press conference under the microscope.

Siebold vs McGregor.

Who did it better..

Siebold sounded like the pimply kid at Krusty Burger.

McGregor sounded like McGregor

It’s only a small win but I’ll take any win i can get at the moment.
I did notice another difference, Graham fronting the media and answering the obvious painful questions straight after the game. Not retreating to the dressing sheds and hiding like a naughty 3 year old child as dad has just come home.

18to87

First Grade
Please tell me how...how is this bloke still a coach after 7 damned years? In all seriousness, it is just mind boggling. How?
Stupidest club in the game. I've been calling for him to go since he was the strength coach. Bennett did us a favour, then the idiots hired him back as the attacking coach where he promptly helped Pricey towards one of the worst attacks in the game. Following a successful backstabbing of Pricey, he took over as head coach and finished his first two full years with the second-worst attack in both years - riding Young/Hornby's defence to a finals appearance. Since then, its been a complete cluster... with high priced players occasionally performing but generally underperforming, juniors mistreated and their growth blunted on a weekly basis, and the greatest mismanagement of the bench the NRL has ever seen.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out McGregor - go buy a jetski business with your millions or maybe start a gym painting business.

18to87

First Grade
Where is Nathan Brown at? Might be time to return to the club he spent 15 years at and save them.

Mary can go get a cushy office gig within the Dragons,
Brown in charge of recruitment and development. Fitzgibbon as coach. It's been proposed before. Now is the time to make it happen. That or Shaun Wane.

Chimp

Bench
Brown in charge of recruitment and development. Fitzgibbon as coach. It's been proposed before. Now is the time to make it happen. That or Shaun Wane.
Fair play to Mary fronting up on NRL360 - say what you want about his record, he took his medicine and showed the character of a real man.
As an outsider, I think the dragons are missing a bit of fun and happiness in camp - they look miserable all the time.
Brian McLennan said a great quote when he first joined Leeds Rhinos ‘you can either fear losing, or enjoy winning. The power of love is stonger than the drive of fear’.... a bit Mumbo jumbo, but I think that fits the dragons, they’re playing like they’re scared of losing and what’s gonna happen next. They need to loosen up and go back to the basics of enjoying playing the game - the wins will come....

BennyV

Referee
Please tell me how...how is this bloke still a coach after 7 damned years? In all seriousness, it is just mind boggling. How?
The secret is to become best mates with the Chairman of the Board, best mates with the CEO and best mates with everyone in the media so they focus on other coaches losing 1 off games rather than your continuous failure over 7 years.

BennyV

Referee
Fair play to Mary fronting up on NRL360 - say what you want about his record, he took his medicine and showed the character of a real man.
As an outsider, I think the dragons are missing a bit of fun and happiness in camp - they look miserable all the time.
Brian McLennan said a great quote when he first joined Leeds Rhinos ‘you can either fear losing, or enjoy winning. The power of love is stonger than the drive of fear’.... a bit Mumbo jumbo, but I think that fits the dragons, they’re playing like they’re scared of losing and what’s gonna happen next. They need to loosen up and go back to the basics of enjoying playing the game - the wins will come....
Nah, they are playing like they want to see the end of the coach. Like they know that’s the only way to become successful. Short term pain for long term gain.

_Johnsy

Referee
Stupidest club in the game. I've been calling for him to go since he was the strength coach. Bennett did us a favour, then the idiots hired him back as the attacking coach where he promptly helped Pricey towards one of the worst attacks in the game. Following a successful backstabbing of Pricey, he took over as head coach and finished his first two full years with the second-worst attack in both years - riding Young/Hornby's defence to a finals appearance. Since then, its been a complete cluster... with high priced players occasionally performing but generally underperforming, juniors mistreated and their growth blunted on a weekly basis, and the greatest mismanagement of the bench the NRL has ever seen.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out McGregor - go buy a jetski business with your millions or maybe start a gym painting business.
He's a master of throwing other employees under the bus.

gerg

Juniors

Yep. Some coaches get so caught up on completions and the Dogs the last few years are a classic example. Its almost like they plod out 10 rds of shit, but reasonably high completions, then the coach eventually caves and tells them to just go out and enjoy their footy. Then the start of the new season he goes back to the failed blueprint.

Generalzod

Immortal
Lol @ Gus on 100% Footy.

“Sacking the coach won’t make a difference”. Lol sticking up for his bald muppet mate till the end. If Mary did really love the club he would do the right thing by it and hand in his resignation.
But he is right you know sacking him what make an iota of difference, there is more to it than just the coach...