What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
IMO Mary has so much more soul than Siebold. Mary was totally roasted by NRL 360, Siebold has weaseled away from really tough questions. I’d rather listen to one of those cardboard cutouts at a presser than Siebold and his f**ked frog voice.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
But he is right you know sacking him what make an iota of difference, there is more to it than just the coach...
Both correct and incorrect. You (and Gus) look at the coaching issue as if all our problems need to be solved at once.

Yes, there are far more issues at the club that just Mary. However, replacing him with a competent first grade coach (like the multi-title-winning one in England who publicly stated he would love to coach us) will make a difference and is the first step to fixing up the mess. Doing anything else is avoiding one of the core issues and won’t give positive results in the long run.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
IMO Mary has so much more soul than Siebold. Mary was totally roasted by NRL 360, Siebold has weaseled away from really tough questions. I’d rather listen to one of those cardboard cutouts at a presser than Siebold and his f**ked frog voice.

It's all about that impressive Harvard education that he has.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
His voice irritates me, doesn’t help the crap he spouts. I’ve said it before it sounds like he is chewing on his own throat when he talks.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Where is Nathan Brown at? Might be time to return to the club he spent 15 years at and save them.

Mary can go get a cushy office gig within the Dragons,

They can tuck Mary away in the inner depths of St George Leagues Club in a plush office that has lots of leather-bound books and smells of rich mahogany. And he can have a serving boy that will bring him a Crown Lager on demand. That serving boy can be Ben Hunt. Mary can wear a tweed jacket to work every day.

18to87

First Grade
Fair play to Mary fronting up on NRL360 - say what you want about his record, he took his medicine and showed the character of a real man.
As an outsider, I think the dragons are missing a bit of fun and happiness in camp - they look miserable all the time.
Brian McLennan said a great quote when he first joined Leeds Rhinos ‘you can either fear losing, or enjoy winning. The power of love is stonger than the drive of fear’.... a bit Mumbo jumbo, but I think that fits the dragons, they’re playing like they’re scared of losing and what’s gonna happen next. They need to loosen up and go back to the basics of enjoying playing the game - the wins will come....
I agree. He did well to front up but as far as enjoying the game, we have seen the same attitude for the majority of the last 6-7 years. The players and assistant coaches have changed, but the coach has not.

He also brought out the one game from the grand final BS though which is a flat out lie.

18to87

First Grade
The secret is to become best mates with the Chairman of the Board, best mates with the CEO and best mates with everyone in the media so they focus on other coaches losing 1 off games rather than your continuous failure over 7 years.
Succinctly put!

18to87

First Grade
But he is right you know sacking him what make an iota of difference, there is more to it than just the coach...
Of course there is more to it than the coach, but Dragons fans have seen the same brand of footy for the last 6-7 years with different players and assistant coaches being thrown under the bus and sent away as we have gone along.

84 Baby

Referee
Gus just did a review and they’d flicked everyone bar the coach. So how is it again the rest of the staff and not him???

He’s a f**king fraud, he might not be all the problem but he is a big bald part of it.
Did you mean bold?

_snafu_

Immortal
SMH reporting the Dragons have called an emergency board for this morning. Hardly surprising.

Inside word is that they will make an announcement straight after advising McGregor has been extended until the end of 2024... Lol

On the agenda is a motion. That is, “the Dragons are completely f**ked”.

I think it will be passed unanimously.