What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

carcharias

Immortal
I’m ok with that.

If we lose no one is surprised and we send him off in the way that he deserves. .

If we win he gets to go out victorious over the Sharks, and your club will be the last club ever beaten by the worst coach in he history of the game. .

Win/Win.
Unless we win

JamesRustle

First Grade
If we can't afford to sack Mary, I'd appont Jammer as coach (with potential to play 15-30 minutes per game) to keep the cost structure in place. Ticks all the boxes - cheap, available, played for the club, no real experience in coaching 1st grade, drinks (or will drink) Crown larger. Also has plenty of passion.

Stupidest club in the game. I've been calling for him to go since he was the strength coach. Bennett did us a favour, then the idiots hired him back as the attacking coach where he promptly helped Pricey towards one of the worst attacks in the game. Following a successful backstabbing of Pricey, he took over as head coach and finished his first two full years with the second-worst attack in both years - riding Young/Hornby's defence to a finals appearance. Since then, its been a complete cluster... with high priced players occasionally performing but generally underperforming, juniors mistreated and their growth blunted on a weekly basis, and the greatest mismanagement of the bench the NRL has ever seen.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out McGregor - go buy a jetski business with your millions or maybe start a gym painting business.
I didn't realise it stretched back that far. Plenty of coaches have been sacked for far less. I can't believe Dean Pay is under any pressure at all given the total train wreck he walked into. Looking at the Bulldogs roster, I'd say they're overperforming. Mary on the other hand, has created his train wreck.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It will be temporary while they find a new coach.

If the answer is Flanagan it’s not a good answer. You need someone that isn’t involved in your system. Craig Fitzgibbon might be worth a go has spent years under Robinson.

18to87

First Grade
If the answer is Flanagan it’s not a good answer. You need someone that isn’t involved in your system. Craig Fitzgibbon might be worth a go has spent years under Robinson.
I agree. Shaun Wane would be my preference, but would be happy with Fitzgibbon.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/

LIVE: Mary survives! Besieged Dragons coach given backing of the board
St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has reportedly been spared the axe following Tuesday morning’s emergency meeting... NRL LATEST UPDATES>>>

Ok dragons fans, time to wheel out your bloodhounds and light your torches....

f1cafb4258ccb95b56df5f46f19c908951e49f56.gif