What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVDragon

Juniors
Totally agree Browny has an eye for talent but is not a head coach

Brown would be great for rebuilding the team then getting out, just like at Newcastle. He’d have to work on getting respect back to start with.

He should really take over Basils pathways role - or at least have that role report to him.

ultimately though I’d want a coach Bennett / Fitzgibbon / someone! With Brown running the player production line.

Gareth67

First Grade
Doesn't matter who is the next coach, the on field effort & look in sheds from Vaughn afterwards says, he can't wait to get out of here.

Recall season ‘17 & 18 When the Dragons were playing some outstanding footy and were winning game after game to actually lead the comp. for a number of months ?

The victory dances in the dressing shed were so great to see - the players rousing rendition of the club song .

All a thing of the past now , only doom and gloom . By Gad what has happen to this club ?

avocado

Juniors
Recall season ‘17 & 18 When the Dragons were playing some outstanding footy and were winning game after game to actually lead the comp. for a number of months ?

The victory dances in the dressing shed were so great to see - the players rousing rendition of the club song .

All a thing of the past now , only doom and gloom . By Gad what has happen to this club ?
I see no silver lining. If McGregor goes then Young comes in and cycles starts over.
Until there is a full club overhaul I can’t see us being any different.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Board is f**ked. That said, I don't see this as an endorsement of Mary at all. It's a "we f**ked up and have no money for another coach on top of this payout" situation. I don't doubt they are working on a new coach in 2022, hopefully 2021.

Extending him in 2019 was really the dumbest thing I've ever seen this club do. They've completely backed themselves into a corner

BLM01

First Grade
Board is f**ked. That said, I don't see this as an endorsement of Mary at all. It's a "we f**ked up and have no money for another coach on top of this payout" situation. I don't doubt they are working on a new coach in 2022, hopefully 2021.

Extending him in 2019 was really the dumbest thing I've ever seen this club do. They've completely backed themselves into a corner
I like how they make a comment about the results his season I below pa but no reference to the last five or six yrs which is typical spin

And I also heard yesterday one of the reasons or the main reason BJ left is the board did not want to make a lot of Gus’s recommendations to fix the whole club up which again due to self interest does not surprise me whatever they were
And remember Gus was never asked to make an assessment of whether the coach should stay or go.
And Yes Gus may himself have been part of the fixup which is probably also a bit of self interest from him but he would’ve been better than what we’ve got in the football dept ATM

slippery5

Juniors

Unfortunately McNOIDEA continues to relive those memories in his head & has fooled himself into believing he can coach because Bellamy once said,"we were the bench marks." ( I can still see his smug smile when he said "thats nice to hear". He neglects to remember how we were quickly worked out by other teams & he didn't have another game plan. We then lost the majority of the remaining games & just scraped into the finals due to our earlier wins & going out 1st round if I recall?

Latest posts