What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If the Board is "zooming" today and McGregor has been informed as such, then betting suspended on him lasting the day as 'coach'. However, there are points that need to be addressed in the meeting:

1. Sack him now, appoint a caretaker. That would come down to 2 or 3 candidates only, ie: Young, Shepherd and possibly Head.
2. Sack him but allow him to 'coach' Sundays game as his last. Considering today is team list day. This would give more time to find a replacement.
3. Stand him down as 'head coach' , ie keeping on staff but no offial capacity, then refer point 1.
4. Invoke the 'Barrett' clause.
5. Give him to the end of the season (OMG no, but it is our Board remember)
6. Allow him to 'see out' his contract (refer points 3, 4 and 5).

Whatever the case, McGregors reign as head coach is now untenable. We need a new voice as coach, not a familiar one. However, i feel if they pull the trigger, they'll opt of Young as the 'caretaker' with obvious aims of permanancy.

I wonder what time the meeting is? Isn't there 7hrs time difference between Aus and Eng. Just saying!
Agree, why I would love Wane is he’s from England, is a complete outsider and has also coached Rugby so he would have some fresh ideas. Is an old likeable hard nut and has the record to garner respect. He’s an avid NRL fan so he will know all about our game and since he nearly already signed with us will have had a good look at our youth, but has no attachments or relationships with anyone so can come in and select players based on what he sees and his vision, so could be a radically different side picked. I’m salivating thinking what he could do with our young brigade. He did however say he wants to fully commit to the England job for 12 months before having a crack at NRL but hopefully Covid changes things.

st.phil

Bench
It's just too Dragons for Young not to be made interim coach - daddys a board member and will do it on the cheap. Flanno to pull the strings and Deano to front the media. Deep down you all know this will happen

_Johnsy

Referee
It's just too Dragons for Young not to be made interim coach - daddys a board member and will do it on the cheap. Flanno to pull the strings and Deano to front the media. Deep down you all know this will happen
A sadder fact is that I'll be happy for this to occur, baby steps. Step 1 punt Mary, step 2 install interim coach for the rest of the year, step 3 Find a new head coach.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Agree, why I would love Wane is he’s from England, is a complete outsider and has also coached Rugby so he would have some fresh ideas. Is an old likeable hard nut and has the record to garner respect. He’s an avid NRL fan so he will know all about our game and since he nearly already signed with us will have had a good look at our youth, but has no attachments or relationships with anyone so can come in and select players based on what he sees and his vision, so could be a radically different side picked. I’m salivating thinking what he could do with our young brigade. He did however say he wants to fully commit to the England job for 12 months before having a crack at NRL but hopefully Covid changes things.

I agree

And BTW
What sort of dumbarsed low IQ cretin ‘coach’ has to watch a video until 3am?

Any self respecting fan only has to watch for 10mins to know the issue is the coaching - as has been the case for 7years.

That public utterance alone destroys player confidence in the coach’s capacity to understand the game & remedy deficiencies

The fuc/kwit is plain dumb

...and his rank stupidity infects the team psyche

...yet he has had powerful friends without judgment who’ve kept him outrageously in power

That’s it in a nutshell
‘End of review’

Puff

First Grade
I agree

And BTW

Any self respecting fan only has to watch for 10mins to know the issue is the coaching - as has been the case for 7years.

That public utterance alone destroys player confidence in the coach’s capacity to understand the game & remedy deficiencies

...yet he has had powerful friends without judgment who’ve kept him outrageously in power

That’s it in a nutshell
‘End of review’
Hence, sacking Mary wont solve the problem. Its the mandatory first step. But the changes must continue after he is sacked today, hopefully

possm

Coach
I agree

And BTW

That’s it in a nutshell
‘End of review’
Well if Dean Young is appointed it will be much of the same. Flanagan won't help him unless he is guaranteed the head coach job once he completes his suspention period.

Dragon66

Juniors
Personally I hope that Shep gets the Interim Job, and Flanno and him can get on with the job. They are a team and work well together. McGregor's ego would not have allowed Flanno much wriggle room to help guide this disjointed and directionless rabble. Then Flanno to take over when his ban is lifted.

Giving the job, even temporally to Dean Young would be a step backwards IMO, and if the team showed some signs of improvement he would most likely be given the job full time. It does not bare thinking about.

possm

Coach
Personally I hope that Shep gets the Interim Job, and Flanno and him can get on with the job. They are a team and work well together. McGregor's ego would not have allowed Flanno much wriggle room to help guide this disjointed and directionless rabble. Then Flanno to take over when his ban is lifted.

Giving the job, even temporally to Dean Young would be a step backwards IMO, and if the team showed some signs of improvement he would most likely be given the job full time. It does not bare thinking about.
With Craig Young on the Board and with nepitism and old boys club mentality running high at SGI, he can be sure there is more than a 50/50 chance that the interim coach will be Dean Young.

Has anyone noticed that Dean Young has not be given a role this year, just assisting Mary? This is all set up so that Young can't be held accountable for anything and will transition to interim coach and then extended long term.

Flanagan given the defence job and Shephard given the defence job. All of which not included in Marys 'game plan' or instructions.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With Craig Young on the Board and with nepitism and old boys club mentality running high at SGI, he can be sure there is more than a 50/50 chance that the interim coach will be Dean Young.

Has anyone noticed that Dean Young has not be given a role this year, just assisting Mary? This is all set up so that Young can't be held accountable for anything and will transition to interim coach and then extended long term.

Flanagan given the defence job and Shephard given the defence job. All of which not included in Marys 'game plan' or instructions.
I reckon there is 99% chance Dean Young will be picked which I’m fine with if Wane is on his way.

Puff

First Grade
upload_2020-6-9_11-59-8-png.38927

That one?