What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

moffla

Bench
Dead set, not that I'm complaining but there's a handful of assistant or reserve coaches who would not look out of place as an NRL head coach. What's with the f**kin persistence for someone who is clearly out of ideas?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Can I be a caretaker fan for another club this weekend?

I honestly don’t think I can watch the dragons match this week, but feel I need to channel my passion into something.

Happy to lend my cheers & beers to the highest bidder.

Nb. I’m not going to lower myself to wearing your colours though.

_snafu_

Immortal
giphy.gif

Apey

Staff member
Haha. That's as good as having 50 points put on you. Dragons join the Broncos as two teams who can't win 2020. In fact we should make a thread "No team with Paul McGregor as head coach has ever won a premiership".

That is insane. He has ruined that club. Who is the last dragons junior that came through the ranks and established himself as a decent nrl player?

Tyson Frizell and Tariq Sims are two examples of Dragons Juniors. Both went to other clubs but came to play for the Dragons, and subsequently were selected for State of Origin while Paul McGregor was coach. I'd suggest they are decent.

On another note - Other players who've been selected to play State of Origin while McGregor has been their coach include Jack De Belin, Paul Vaughan, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt.

SBD82

Coach
Tyson Frizell and Tariq Sims are two examples of Dragons Juniors. Both went to other clubs but came to play for the Dragons, and subsequently were selected for State of Origin while Paul McGregor was coach. I'd suggest they are decent.

On another note - Other players who've been selected to play State of Origin while McGregor has been their coach include Jack De Belin, Paul Vaughan, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt.
Frizell didn’t come through our juniors under Mary and saying that we developed Tariq is a huge stretch.

@betcats point is absolutely valid. Name one junior that has been brought into first grade by Mary successfully.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Frizell didn’t come through our juniors under Mary and saying that we developed Tariq is a huge stretch.

@betcats point is absolutely valid. Name one junior that has been brought into first grade by Mary successfully.
Euan Aitken.

He stood up Inglis that one time.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm staggered they haven't punted him. I can only think that this is purely a financial decision and that in light of clubs bleeding money during the pandemic and NRL stand down, they cannot justify giving Mary a 1 million+ dollar handshake.

I think they might have conceded that this season is as good as gone anyway, they're just hoping there's no improvement before seasons end and Mary ends up doing the honourable thing by resigning and hence forgoing a payout.

Latest posts