What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

matPORTS

Juniors
With todays absolute diabolical decision and accompanying press release, I'm afraid to say that is me over and out !

I'll be nothing more than a casual viewer + listener of the game until such time that this imposter is moved on. There will be no further money spent on anything St George Illawarra or Rugby League related until further notice either.

Every single person in a paid position within the entity that is St George Illawarra (right down to the ladies serving coffee and cakes and the cleaners at the associated clubs) need to take a long hard look at themselves and have a careful consideration to the following - could you all seriously look any of the long standing members of the Leagues Clubs and any long standing Red V ticketed members in the eye and say that the board of directors & management made the right decision today? A decision that was in the best interests of the organisation & brand?

I've been an avid supporter, fan and well-wisher of this club since I was five years old (1990). I've had longer term supporters explain to me the dark times the 80s, and also explain about the great times before that. Even just hearing about those bad and good times stirred up all kinds of emotions before even watching any grainy VHS footage. I was gutted, but shed no tears through the disappointments of 4 x GF losses in the 90's and the early finals bow outs in the naughties. But the tears certainly flowed on that great night back in October 2010 (a night that meant an absolute shi*load to a whole lot of people) !

I have never felt so emotion-less towards the club as what I have experienced in the past week. What is happening right now is not the St George I grew up supporting, and learning about it's heritage and greatness.

#makestgeorgegreatagain

Parramatta won't get a better chance to break their premiership drought than the window they are in right now. Pretty much locked in at Bankwest Stadium. Easts will find it increasingly tougher to continue form towards any three-peat. Other close premiership rivals up against it due to extended travel requirements. Other esteemed clubs in disarray and facing uncertain futures around their coaches, rosters etc. Good luck to them all all whom will be competing for the finals this year.

My other sporting passion of Formula 1 will start back on the first weekend in July and there will only be one weekend between then and September where there won't be any racing. Will also fill in time riding my bike (a new passion found during COVID), and maybe pour some emotion into my dating life or something (single life is good only when you can travel overseas) !

Wittenberg

Juniors
An absolute disgrace. So loyalty to Mary but no loyalty shown to the players or supporters. Saab, Dufty and Vaughan to go as soon as they can and Friz playing simply to get the year over with. Mate of mine at work just laughed and said we are quickly becoming the new Newtown. He said that he has always hated St George because he was jealous of our club. He said we have become a sad version of the past, the new Gold Coast. He gave me the shits, mainly because there is certainly some truth in what he is saying. I can’t say I have ever been as depressed about our future as I feel today. If you are a player at another club would you come to us? Pretty obvious answer. The Board treats us as if we are cardboard supporters....one email sent already, I am going to keep sending them till I am blocked. A bloody disgrace and one that shows we worry more about the short term $ than we do about the integrity and pride in our club. We are told that it is simply a financial decision, but the cost of keeping Mary will be high indeed. The decision today will destroy our current squad and will mean we will take at least five years to even look like being competitive again. A dark day indeed. Send the emails guys.

Last edited:

RedVDave

First Grade
I've always followed St Kilda, R&W. The difference between the two clubs is that with St Kilda I'm accustomed to them being cellar dwellers and nearly-men. That's not something I ever dreamed would happen to St George.

Anyway, I'm not giving up on the Dragons, I'm taking a breather cos the ridiculous situation we've got ourselves into was preventable and out of my control. I have this weird idea that a team with at least half a dozen Origin/Kangaroo players in it should at least be competitive. Clearly, the board has other ideas and are happy to endorse mediocrity - in which case I don't want to be part of it. I could stomach coming last if we went into games looking like we had a chance of winning - or showed the will to win. But to finish two games against the weakest teams in the comp and coming out without so much as a 4-pointer and not even threaten the line until the last ten minutes. It just isn't good enough.

Thank God the AFL is upon us looking forward to see how my beloved Carlton go after sacking Bolton and now Teague has a full year in charge GO THE BLUES!!!!!!

I'll be interested see how Ratten goes at St Kilda always thought his punting from us was really harsh.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I’ve only just got wind of the days events and am absolutely dumbfounded they justified the decision to keep McGregor was because of loyalty.

No wonder we’re shit! The other 15 teams focus on results while we go down the s bend cause some clowns in suits don’t have the intestinal fortitude to right a wrong.

They’ve already taken my enjoyment of watching the Dragons play (I won’t call it footy cause the tripe dished up isn’t footy). Now I am feeling completely disengaged.
We'll see how their loyalty goes when sponsors and fans totally desert them

Willow

Assistant Moderator
$1M PAYOUT ???

We will still pay for this bloke regardless !!!
It gets worse. Reportedly, McGregor rejected a Covid paycut while plenty of others did take a paycut, including players.

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b64a79a62f31aaf1c9bb18dfff561ae5

Meanwhile, season ticket holders who paid up front, myself included, can't see any resolution for a refund or credit. Something about loyalty etc etc... thanks for your support etc etc... we got your money.

LINESPEED

Juniors
This is probably a good thing in the long term. Think most of us were coming to the realization that Mary was the symptom of a deeper cancer. By this decision the owners and the board tie their fate with McGregor's.

Saints fans really need the discipline to boycott anything Saints related while these clowns are involved

By name, who exactly are the empty ball sacks of the Board?

Go Sharks and Titans for another win.

These are the pricks who went for loyalty to a dumbass over 30,000 fans who know their footy:
upload_2020-6-9_17-34-27.jpeg
Probably throw in Bruce Gordon as the overseer of the debacle

TruSaint

Referee
Its been mentioned before, but worth noting again.

I, like many here and across the country are franticly sending emails to the club. Rightly so. Its one of our few avenues.

They are responding as far as I can tell. Waffled and short, but acknowledging the angst.

Poor language / abusive email will put an end to that. I can assure you. They will go back into their bunker and blame us for doing so. Overly long emails may be futile.

I am confident the emails are being read, as I am in a group of 5 whom have shared the replies between us, after advising the club that our financial commitment going forward has ceased.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Its been mentioned before, but worth noting again.

I, like many here and across the country are franticly sending emails to the club. Rightly so. Its one of our few avenues.

They are responding as far as I can tell. Waffled and short, but acknowledging the angst.

Poor language / abusive email will put an end to that. I can assure you. They will go back into their bunker and blame us for doing so. Overly long emails may be futile.

I am confident the emails are being read, as I am in a group of 5 whom have shared the replies between us, after advising the club that our financial commitment going forward has ceased.
It's the only way to flush them out