What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragonsamy

Bench
Its been mentioned before, but worth noting again.

I, like many here and across the country are franticly sending emails to the club. Rightly so. Its one of our few avenues.

They are responding as far as I can tell. Waffled and short, but acknowledging the angst.

Poor language / abusive email will put an end to that. I can assure you. They will go back into their bunker and blame us for doing so. Overly long emails may be futile.

I am confident the emails are being read, as I am in a group of 5 whom have shared the replies between us, after advising the club that our financial commitment going forward has ceased.

But are they going to the correct people lets hope, but I doubt it

Reflector

Juniors
I remember when I was a kid- before I knew all the different regions and districts of Sydney- I thought St George was the blanket name for a large conglomerate that had their fingers in several interests, including a bank and a football club...

All these years later, I'm beginning to think I was right about the football club part of it all along...

Reflector

Juniors
With todays absolute diabolical decision and accompanying press release, I'm afraid to say that is me over and out !

I'll be nothing more than a casual viewer + listener of the game until such time that this imposter is moved on. There will be no further money spent on anything St George Illawarra or Rugby League related until further notice either.

Every single person in a paid position within the entity that is St George Illawarra (right down to the ladies serving coffee and cakes and the cleaners at the associated clubs) need to take a long hard look at themselves and have a careful consideration to the following - could you all seriously look any of the long standing members of the Leagues Clubs and any long standing Red V ticketed members in the eye and say that the board of directors & management made the right decision today? A decision that was in the best interests of the organisation & brand?

I've been an avid supporter, fan and well-wisher of this club since I was five years old (1990). I've had longer term supporters explain to me the dark times the 80s, and also explain about the great times before that. Even just hearing about those bad and good times stirred up all kinds of emotions before even watching any grainy VHS footage. I was gutted, but shed no tears through the disappointments of 4 x GF losses in the 90's and the early finals bow outs in the naughties. But the tears certainly flowed on that great night back in October 2010 (a night that meant an absolute shi*load to a whole lot of people) !

I have never felt so emotion-less towards the club as what I have experienced in the past week. What is happening right now is not the St George I grew up supporting, and learning about it's heritage and greatness.

#makestgeorgegreatagain

Parramatta won't get a better chance to break their premiership drought than the window they are in right now. Pretty much locked in at Bankwest Stadium. Easts will find it increasingly tougher to continue form towards any three-peat. Other close premiership rivals up against it due to extended travel requirements. Other esteemed clubs in disarray and facing uncertain futures around their coaches, rosters etc. Good luck to them all all whom will be competing for the finals this year.

My other sporting passion of Formula 1 will start back on the first weekend in July and there will only be one weekend between then and September where there won't be any racing. Will also fill in time riding my bike (a new passion found during COVID), and maybe pour some emotion into my dating life or something (single life is good only when you can travel overseas) !

Have you been following F1 as long as you've been following St George?

Tuddy

Juniors
Well St George as I knew it is finally dead.

I wasn’t even surprised at the decision.

Basically this was Andrew Gordon saying THIS IS MY TOY AND NO-ONE GETS TO TELL ME HOW I PLAY WITH IT!

Wouldnt it be nice to have done absolutely nothing in life and have our football team as your personal plaything.

The board figures they’ve got enough supporters that will support them “no matter what” that they don’t need the rest of us. Maybe they’re right. There is plenty of the bloody idiots on social media.

Either way, that’s me done. I’ll still watch the games on tv as I just can’t see that habit being broken. But no merch and no memberships.

The bottom line is that until there is a coup at board level, we’re screwed.

Oh and by the way, today pretty much locks in dean young as our next coach because they clearly don’t want anyone outside coming in and disrupting anything.

FlameThrower

Bench
It gets worse. Reportedly, McGregor rejected a Covid paycut while plenty of others did take a paycut, including players.

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b64a79a62f31aaf1c9bb18dfff561ae5

Meanwhile, season ticket holders who paid up front, myself included, can't see any resolution for a refund or credit. Something about loyalty etc etc... thanks for your support etc etc... we got your money.
Don’t renew - I made the decision not to renew this year after 12 years as Red V member- the Club right now does not need fans so why bother supporting them financially. Completely over this Club right now -

nickdragons90

Juniors
I saw the news this morning, and felt some excitement for the first time in a very long time, Finally the board has listened to the most important stakeholder, the fans , but not to be, our board hasn’t got a clue, or doesn’t give a stuff? Our club is an absolute rabble. I know this will sound stupid to some people, but I can’t see us winning any more than 4 games this year. And I can certainly see us getting the wooden spoon.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don’t renew - I made the decision not to renew this year after 12 years as Red V member- the Club right now does not need fans so why bother supporting them financially. Completely over this Club right now -
At this stage I have six Kogarah 'membership' tickets and have zero chance of getting what I paid for. They treat us like customers when taking the money but expect us to be supporters when it comes to refunds.

I was happy to wait-and-see, but after I read that the coach and (presumably) other admin were still taking top money, I thought stuff this.

Last I heard was there will be a resolution in two weeks. That was one week ago.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
At this stage I have six Kogarah 'membership' tickets and have zero chance of getting what I paid for. They treat us like customers when taking the money but expect us to be supporters when it comes to refunds.

I was happy to wait-and-see, but after I read that the coach and (presumably) other admin were still taking top money, I thought stuff this.

Last I heard was there will be a resolution in two weeks. That was one week ago.
Can you do anything about a refund through your credit card provider if you paid via CC?

Ordinarily I’ve been of the mantra to let bands/sports etc I’ve bought tickets for that have since been covided keep the cash to help out..

But after today’s announcement & the fact McGregor has been taking full pay... f**k those guys..

Qapm

Juniors
Could we start a GoFundMe to pay Mary to walk away? How many fans are there? 30,000 times $30 would do it.
Never. Those walking ball sacks to include The Million Dollar Ballsack McGregor will never get a cent of my money.

This shit has just started.

Step 1: Today reach out to any friend or family Saints supporter, the regular fans that don't post here but support the club in some way. Get them to commit to cancelling memberships, not to buy Dragons merchandise and go drink beer and play pokies at other clubs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Can you do anything about a refund through your credit card provider if you paid via CC?

Ordinarily I’ve been of the mantra to let bands/sports etc I’ve bought tickets for that have since been covided keep the cash to help out..

But after today’s announcement & the fact McGregor has been taking full pay... f**k those guys..
That's pretty drastic action and a bloody hassle, but I suppose it's an option. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Ok let me tell you what’s happened.
There was never a review

A few players had a chat to Gus about things and Mcfwit was given an idea by Gus to get someone who had experience in coaching and it just happened that Flanno was available. But I can promise you that there was no review. It is just a spin in things where Gus spoke to graham mcinnes Norman was not spoken to but was spoken about. You think I am lying I dare anyone at the club to deny this. There is no document or any notes. Nothing zip. It’s a lie if CCP proportions.

Let me ask any player to come in here and say they were spoken to by Gus and see what they say. Has any player other than Graham mentioned the review. You think Frizz was asked anything I can tell you now he knows nothing about it

When I put this to Gus he blocked me straight away. Tell me I am lying dragons BOD.

Banjo2014

Juniors
These are the pricks who went for loyalty to a dumbass over 30,000 fans who know their footy:
View attachment 38941
Probably throw in Bruce Gordon as the overseer of the debacle
Fans are not part of Gordon's definition of "our people".
That is reserved for McGregor and the incompetent board.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of St George’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” An unnamed Board member said - don't put on the minutes thanks.

I would sincerely love to know what was said on the minutes of the meeting and then those comments made under the protection of - "Gentlemen not for the minutes please" but .................

Then the Press Release is made on a very inaccurate description on what was said in the meeting.

Love to put the Board members under oath .....

New Dragon

Juniors
Sorry New Dragon....Many incorrect assumptions...
1/. Coach still tells Millward what players to get...I'll quote McGregor...This squad has my fingerprints all over it...
2/. No one wants to come and play for us..translates into having to pay overs...again buck stops with the coach...
3/. Millwards hands are tied.... This has been discussed on here many times...judge millward when we have a decent coach...by the looks of things that will not happen any time soon...

You should be aiming your arrows at THE BOARD.....they are solely responsible for the mess we are in....
Fair call just an opinion.. still think from what I hear is he has his
Sorry New Dragon....Many incorrect assumptions...
1/. Coach still tells Millward what players to get...I'll quote McGregor...This squad has my fingerprints all over it...
2/. No one wants to come and play for us..translates into having to pay overs...again buck stops with the coach...
3/. Millwards hands are tied.... This has been discussed on here many times...judge millward when we have a decent coach...by the looks of things that will not happen any time soon...

You should be aiming your arrows at THE BOARD.....they are solely responsible for the mess we are in....
fair call it’s only an opinion. When you consider who we have chased and who we have lost I reckon he’s been pretty average.

George Dragon

Juniors
The decision to not sack Paul McGregor was effectively made prior to St George Illawarra’s 10.30am emergency board meeting on Tuesday, by someone who didn’t participate in it.

Dragons part-owner Bruce Gordon, whose estimated net worth as the head of WIN Corporation is $728 million, is not a director of the club. However, his view was conveyed to the board early in the 45-minute Zoom meeting: the coach is not to be boned.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/go...h-a-win-win-for-mcgregor-20200609-p550uw.html