What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Titans: Saturday 13th June 3pm @Bankwest Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Big week for us this week as we need to rebound well and get our Season restarted. We take on the Titans in an afternaoon game at Bankwest which should be a cracker. We've now had three losses in a row (all be it against three of the better teams) and we need to rebound this week.

While some people would dismiss this as and easy game for Souths, there is no such thing as an easy game in the NRL. Look ata the way the Titans played last night, they were full of energy and put on a great performance. They'll now be full of belief heading into the game against us so I expect it'll be a similar kind of performance from them on Saturday. No doubt we need to be on.

The focus for this one need to be just that - focus. There are no excuses this week so we really need to learn to focus for the full 80 minutes. I've said a number of times this weekend that we're not consistent enough in games and we can't play for the full 80 minutes so that needs to change this week. Ball retention will be key.

We'll get both Cody and Kimmy back which will be a massive boost! We've really missed them so I can't wait to see them in action.

So yea, a big week but certainly an exciting one. We can do it!!!

handyman2190

Bench
Our problems lie in the forwards, and spine, the forwards are not providing punch and roll,so cook isnt running, AR is a shadow,latrells learning, this is no easy game, they plastered a good tigers outfit, because they didnt ease up and their defence moved quick, im expecting un ugly disappointing game im sorry to say.

callmack1

Staff member

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Our problems lie in the forwards, and spine, the forwards are not providing punch and roll,so cook isnt running, AR is a shadow,latrells learning, this is no easy game, they plastered a good tigers outfit, because they didnt ease up and their defence moved quick, im expecting un ugly disappointing game im sorry to say.

Unfortunately I agree with you

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 5,

1. Mitchell
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Burns
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'a
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Johnston/Sironen
15. Knight
16. Mago/Sele
17. Amone

This is what I think will happen. I think Burns won't be dropped (he doesn't deserve to be) and Gags won't get dropped either despite a poor performance last week. So with Jimmy back, he slots right into that right centre spot with Graham going back to left wing and then AJ on the bench. Will be great to have Cody back too.

Starting forwards should remain the same for this week. On the bench, I'm hoping Nicholls will be dropped and one of Sele of Mago (or both) will finally be ready to come back in.

callmack1

Staff member
Round 5 Line Up vs Titans: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/06/09/round-five-line-up-vs-titans/

Very, very happy with the Line Up for this week! Confirmed that both Cody and Jimmy are back, that's two of our best and most dangerous players returning which is a massive boost! Plus, Wayne has made another couple of changes which I really like. Firstly, Graham retains the centre spot and AJ retains his wing spot which see's Burns dropped. While I wasn't exactly calling for Burnsy to be dropped, I do think he has a lot to work on and certainly hasn't been anywhere near his best. Campbell has been great at centre so I'm glad to see him stay there. What's more, Nicholls has also been dropped off the bench which I think is also a good move because he has been pretty average.

These changes will hopefully not only improve our on field performance, but they put everyone currently in the side on notice and shows that what we have produced the last two weeks (and in Round 2) isn't good enough. If you don't perform, you will be dropped which is good. Will hopefully make everyone lift.

So yea, really stoked with the Line Up this week!!

handyman2190

Bench
Round 5 Line Up vs Titans: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/06/09/round-five-line-up-vs-titans/

Very, very happy with the Line Up for this week! Confirmed that both Cody and Jimmy are back, that's two of our best and most dangerous players returning which is a massive boost! Plus, Wayne has made another couple of changes which I really like. Firstly, Graham retains the centre spot and AJ retains his wing spot which see's Burns dropped. While I wasn't exactly calling for Burnsy to be dropped, I do think he has a lot to work on and certainly hasn't been anywhere near his best. Campbell has been great at centre so I'm glad to see him stay there. What's more, Nicholls has also been dropped off the bench which I think is also a good move because he has been pretty average.

These changes will hopefully not only improve our on field performance, but they put everyone currently in the side on notice and shows that what we have produced the last two weeks (and in Round 2) isn't good enough. If you don't perform, you will be dropped which is good. Will hopefully make everyone lift.

So yea, really stoked with the Line Up this week!!
Something isnt right with burns,he was a lot faster than what he showed us,that intercept should have been a try,i wonder if his hamstring is 100%

Travitoh

First Grade
Something isnt right with burns,he was a lot faster than what he showed us,that intercept should have been a try,i wonder if his hamstring is 100%

Confidence in his body and how far he can push it.

It often happens with players who return from long term injuries that there is a period of time that they need to re-discover what they are capable of without worrying about breaking down again.

IMO, Braidon Burns at 100% is more than capable of being a regular first grade player and even has the potential to enter rep conversations.

Travitoh

First Grade
Souths need to be ruthless. Hit the market and buy a couple of forwards, even if they steal them from elsewhere.

Edge forwards in particular which imo displays a lack of foresight in recruitment after losing Crichton and Sutton's impending retirement. Souths only got Sua and Lowe because an opportunity arose, not because they'd planned for them.
I actually feel that the middle stocks are alright. Especially once Arrow arrives.

Edge forwards in particular which imo displays a lack of foresight in recruitment after losing Crichton and Sutton's impending retirement. Souths only got Sua and Lowe because an opportunity arose, not because they'd planned for them.
I actually feel that the middle stocks are alright. Especially once Arrow arrives.

Watch the intercept try that Tigers got (the second try the Tigers scored).

Come back to me with what you observe.

Travitoh

First Grade
Nah...when the intercept was taken, he was the only one chasing down. I like commitment. Can't wait to have him our team.

Love that!
I've liked Arrow for a while and can't wait for him to join Souths.
8. Tatola (personal opinion but could easily be Tom)
10. Arrow
13. Murray
I/C Tom, Knight, Amone
Suddenly Souths look very strong in the middle of the park!

callmack1

Staff member
Rumours that both Su'a and Tatola are in some doubt.

Hopefully both are sweet. Whatever they have must be very minor as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Latest posts