What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill and Ted 3

Zoidberg

First Grade
I grew up with the originals being a youngster in the 90’s but I can just imagine millennials holding them up to a high standard (probably never even having watched them) just because they’ve heard from parents/older siblings how much we liked them, then they will think this new one sux because it’s just not for them... wow, anyway, can’t wait.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My daugthers first dog was called Rufus, she named after Rufus from Bill and Ted when a very little girl.

Lived a good twenty years that kelpie.

Now here we are.

True story.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Soundtrack will be an important feature of the movie.

The first two movies featured a brilliant hard rock and metal mix, straddling the two worlds of glam metal and the burgeoning grunge movement of the time. Looking at the list they were melded seamlessly in many respects.

These two genres are now well out of fashion, with very few bands featuring in the charts in these days of computerised, manufactured music.

Playing it safe is not an option. Hoping they go for some bands that the two characters are likely to be listening to in their mid-forties.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Soundtrack will be an important feature of the movie.

The first two movies featured a brilliant hard rock and metal mix, straddling the two worlds of glam metal and the burgeoning grunge movement of the time. Looking at the list they were melded seamlessly in many respects.

These two genres are now well out of fashion, with very few bands featuring in the charts in these days of computerised, manufactured music.

Playing it safe is not an option. Hoping they go for some bands that the two characters are likely to be listening to in their mid-forties.

Alas, not to be.

Music was not even a feature of the film.

It was an ok movie, some slightly funny parts. Alex Winter and William Sadler was on song, Keanu less so, and the daughters did their job pretty well. Wasn't impressed with 'the song didn't matter' naff at the end but what the hell.

But we live in a 'post-creativity' world, so hard to expect anything original here.

Matua

Bench
I liked it, thought it was fun, obviously nostalgic, and liked how they ran the daughters story parallel withe B and T's.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It was fun. That wasn't my complaint.

But the lack of music was a problem for me. I mean anyone who was that into Eddie Van Halen at 17 is still going to be a headbanger at heart. These guys would have been still listening to hard rock/heavy metal into their forties.

The fact that that music is now unfashionable could have been included in the story, while also being respectful to the music and fans just like Bill and Ted.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Also, where was Station?

f**k having some nobody rapper instead of the greatest scientist in the galaxy.

azzah72

Bench
It was a good time but agree on the your thoughts on the music.

Not a deal breaker for me but it certainly wasn't where it should have been.

The best part was Hendrix and Mozart having a jam

But everything else in the movie I thought was close to bang on, I even think Keanus performance was deliberately as so as he was the weary one.

Comedy was pretty funny at times and the daughters were pretty good themselves.

Only 2 things were
no station being a slight bummer
and the robot was funny in an awkward way but also kind of stood out like a sore thumb in the movie.