What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

John Hamblin

Juniors
No I don’t have to back Ivan Cleary, he’s an average coach at best and always will be.
He got the Worriers to the Grand Final and with a lot of no names we beat a good Roosters side in the 2014 final series. Whilst I admit he is no Craig Bellamy or Wayne Bennett our team is shaping up well this year considering Whare and Aekens offer nothing in attack. The best thing about our team is they are playing as a TEAM. Enough said.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Has anyone asked the big I what the deal is with Naden?

There was some Fox Sports rumour floating around he did his Hammy in the warm-up against Newcastle.
Yet, he was named the following week and was seen warming up an hour before kick-off against the Warriors.
The Hayden Knowles tweet was interesting.

Kilkenny

Coach
He got the Worriers to the Grand Final and with a lot of no names we beat a good Roosters side in the 2014 final series. Whilst I admit he is no Craig Bellamy or Wayne Bennett our team is shaping up well this year considering Whare and Aekens offer nothing in attack. The best thing about our team is they are playing as a TEAM. Enough said.

I understand the point Herbert is making. I don’t think there were too many on here who thought bringing Ivan Cleary back to the club was the right thing to do going forward.

I just think, regardless of our opinions about his pedigree as a head coach, we as supporters need to back him 100%. Surely we wan’t him to be successful, we want our team to be successful so on that basis let’s just get behind him and if nothing else hope for the best.

We will surely be in a better position to judge given we have a few tough games coming up. See how we perform in the next couple of weeks and then we will all be better placed to comment on how we shape up going forward.

From my perspective, I think despite our lack of strike power in the outside backs I really think we need to get Lenui fit and get him into the 17. He could be our X factor more than what we offer, of don’t offer in our outside backs.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There was some Fox Sports rumour floating around he did his Hammy in the warm-up against Newcastle.
Yet, he was named the following week and was seen warming up an hour before kick-off against the Warriors.
The Hayden Knowles tweet was interesting.

Crighton at this stage has jumped ahead of Naden in the centre rankings. When Critta plays he looks so very special. Naden is good. Critta is special.

franklin2323

Immortal
You only have to look at my Ivan is a dud thread to know I don’t rate him.

The big difference we will see this year is Barrett.

Ricky Stuart showed last year that terrible coaches can go well

Shame you feel that way!

Surely, it is in our best interests to support and back our coach, regardless of what you think about his capabilities?

As I said at the time, he wouldn’t have been my choice to return to the club as head coach, but he is here, we have to suck it up and as it happens we have had a decent start to 2020.

You don’t have to back him, I will choose to do so 100% for the best interests of the club, team, supporters and hope he delivers the success we all crave for.

If I thought backing him would make one bit of difference then maybe, but I doubt it would. I’d prefer to speak honestly about what I see.

Ultimately I’m a fan of the club, not Ivan Cleary.

He’s had 13 years as a coach. Coached his teams to the top 4 twice, been to one grand final and has a 47% win rate. The worst all time among coaches with more than 300 games.

He’s bog average.

chrisD

Coach
The media narrative on Burton is cringe. He has not been sensational, he's been present behind a dominant pack.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
If I thought backing him would make one bit of difference then maybe, but I doubt it would. I’d prefer to speak honestly about what I see.

I'm the same.
I don't rate Ivan either. Love the club and hope it goes well whoever is coach, but he had his go here and it didn't work out.
His record is indicative to that.

The only difference this time around is Gould is not sticking his beak into things, but I still have my concerns.
For the clubs sake I hope he goes better this time around. Last year was disappointing.
Even an bog average coach can rise to the top occasionally.
I hope its this year.

I'm the same.
I don't rate Ivan either. Love the club and hope it goes well whoever is coach, but he had his go here and it didn't work out.
His record is indicative to that.

The only difference this time around is Gould is not sticking his beak into things, but I still have my concerns.
For the clubs sake I hope he goes better this time around. Last year was disappointing.
Even an bog average coach can rise to the top occasionally.
I hope its this year.

If an average coach gets a good squad things can go well. We’re not too far from a good squad, definitely a good forward pack. But the backs are a concern.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
If an average coach gets a good squad things can go well. We’re not too far from a good squad, definitely a good forward pack. But the backs are a concern.

Backs need tweaking and the attack could use a bit more polish. Both will need to be done if we are to beat the top sides.

John Hamblin

Juniors
He’s had 13 years as a coach. Coached his teams to the top 4 twice, been to one grand final and has a 47% win rate. The worst all time among coaches with more than 300 games.

He’s bog average.

Time will tell BUT if someone had told you we were unbeaten after 4 rounds INCLUDING beating the Roosters I am sure at least 99 per cent of supporters would be happy with that . Lets be positive

Kilkenny

Coach

Honesty is the best policy so they say.

What you see is for the most part vastly different to what I see.

I for the most part see the positive side of things and you somehow always seem to find the negative position. That’s just you I guess it’s just what you see, the negative, always the negative.

franklin2323

Immortal
We have an assistant with FG experience. Something top sides needs it is why Barrett is the understated factor here